Royal Gossip
September 19, 2018, 02:24:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Countess of Wessex: The Perfect Royal Wife?  (Read 70544 times)
memyselfandroyals
Countess

Good and bad things return

« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2011, 12:13:34 am »

Up until that point, Sophie was getting basically good press and Diana comparison's I do believe Charles was involved in that whole shiek-set up, despite it all being covered up now. One of his men who stopped working for him a few years later, said that Pr.Charles was involved in that whole sheik affair, I believe it.

Oh God, if that is true... Family is suposed to be to protect, not to do these things... wopedo

All my comments/posts are only assumptions, thoughts and belifs. I don't make affirmations about facts i don't know about.

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2011, 12:20:08 am »

I read it quoted from one of Charles former PR men, he said Charles was in on that whole set up, he did not want Sophie to be popular,because he was working on Camilla's image and he also said Charles was determined to stop Pr.Edward's company, he had various reasons for wanting Sophie and Edward contained,he did not want them out front in public. I believe it.  The idea was negative press until they throw in the towel and come in under the umbrella of the firm, quietly retreating to the backround.

IMO Kate can forget it, if the thinks she can beat Pr.Charles at the pr game, Kate is never going to be put on the world stage in a big way, If Pr.Charles has anything to say about it.

[/URL]
memyselfandroyals
Countess

« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2011, 12:26:49 am »

Indeed.

I imagine what they talk in the table, on dinner (considering all those things)

All my comments/posts are only assumptions, thoughts and belifs. I don't make affirmations about facts i don't know about.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2011, 12:36:01 am »

Ah so that's what happened I always found it odd that she was put into the shadows like that because of one mistake.
Especially if you consider the fact that HM apparently likes her a lot!
Always thought that Charly was a sly devil that you shouldn't underestimate at any case.
Good luck going against him Kate!  tehe
Wonder what would happen if the Wessexes decided to quit the Firm and start a business on their own again easter-think after all Camilla is 'inside' now so...

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2011, 12:48:51 am »

Thank goodness Sophie had the Queen and Pr.Phillip behind her at that point. Yes she made a mistake, but the press pounding was a bit over the top for one mistake. imo The Queen made a public statement that she supported Sophie.
 Sophie was breaking down in public if you remember after the story came out, she was going to things and crying publicly, I think the Queen put a stop to it on the inside and put a protective arm around her in the press, but by then Charles and the press minions had their way.imo

I think with Kate the difference is the press is on her side and they want Pr.William to be golden, whereas Edward had made a enemy of the press and they didn't care about Sophie really, she whatever happened to them was just collateral damage. The problem for Kate is she only has one real protector in the House of Windsor, it's Pr.William, but I don't think anyone else would step up to save her, the way the Queen did with Sophie.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 12:57:32 am by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
memyselfandroyals
Countess

« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2011, 01:02:03 am »

Thank goodness Sophie had the Queen and Pr.Phillip behind her at that point. Yes she made a mistake, but the press pounding was a bit over the top for one mistake. imo The Queen made a public statement that she supported Sophie.

HM is my hero  Spooky-bat

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2011, 02:45:34 am »

Up until that point, Sophie was getting basically good press and Diana comparison's I do believe Charles was involved in that whole shiek-set up, despite it all being covered up now. One of his men who stopped working for him a few years later, said that Pr.Charles was involved in that whole sheik affair, I believe it.

Oh God, if that is true... Family is suposed to be to protect, not to do these things... wopedo

Another reason men should not marry mistresses; they spend so much time working on getting them accepted that the man in question always ends up backstabbing his own family in order to ensure social acceptance at any cost.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2011, 05:36:49 pm »

Interesting post SG! But I thought that the big mess was more related to using her connections as a new royal for her business.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2011, 08:15:28 am »

it was that she went to dinner and name dropped Royalty ,she discussed her royal opinions and she discussed political things and mentioned royals, but that was all she did, she gossiped about royals which was a no, no......because it was viewed as using royals to impress the client, but she didn't do more than that.

She said the Queen(Mother's) an old dear

She said Charles and Camilla were two of the most unpopular people

She said Blair was too presidential and ruining the countryside

She didn't say anything mean about Princess Diana, that was totally made up ,by NOTW

Sophie went to a very public lunch or dinner with a client who pretended to be a sheik. She started chitcatting about royalty and private things at a lunch-dinner ,  some felt it was to impress the client, but she never did more than sit and talk, nothing more. It was not some sneaky backroom deal like Sarah. Sophie just basically was gossiping too much.

The sheik was the dishonest person in that meeting, not Sophie, she truly thought the guy came to her PR company for pr, she was doing what she always did, taking a client to lunch, but she did gossip too much, she should  never have been discussing the royals even if it was a comment like the Queen's an old dear, the press blew it all up to be way more.

[/URL]
MOSAIC
Duchess

« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2011, 03:46:44 pm »

I've just been looking at the GREMB and came upon the 40th birthday festivities given by King Harold and Queen Sonia of Norway for their only daughter Princess Martha, and there celebrating with them was a large group of royals from the Netherlands and other places and there in the front row I saw Sophie Countess of Essex, and presumably Edward.
No Charles and Camilla, no other British Royals.  So she and Edward are the Queen's automatic choice as representatives at European and Scandanavian courts.  They must all know her very well now, and that is very important.  Wasty will never replace her in that way, good heavens they don't even know William that well!!!!
Byechoc
Countess

Nothing happens by accident. everything was a ....

« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2011, 06:53:21 pm »

When Charles be king will chose other people to represent him... but if Sophie and Eduard can make friends with those royals maybe they can get a invite for them... Waiity will do everything to go to that parties...

In life nothing happens by accident. we must remember that there are no good that lasts forever. And evil that never ends. God works in mysterious ways. So I just have to accept what happens because we do not know what we gain by things go this way. Not always what initially seems an award is the. This happens when we fall in love, when we found out a new job when a friend disappears or when someone leaves for ever.
memyselfandroyals
Countess

« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2011, 10:13:12 pm »

No Charles and Camilla, no other British Royals.  So she and Edward are the Queen's automatic choice as representatives at European and Scandanavian courts.  They must all know her very well now, and that is very important.  Wasty will never replace her in that way, good heavens they don't even know William that well!!!!

Sophie is amazing. I admire her so much  sigh

Varya
Super Moderator

« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2012, 04:08:07 am »

Another reason men should not marry mistresses; they spend so much time working on getting them accepted that the man in question always ends up backstabbing his own family in order to ensure social acceptance at any cost.

That's very true! Look what happened with Wallis Simpson and Edward!

Quotes about Waity/Waste-y Katie:
On Kate's so called career and work ethic; a coworker from Jigsaw when Kate was working said this: "A fellow staff member said: "Kate is a nice enough girl but she was never what you might call committed to the job.She never worked full-time and appeared to take an inordinate amount of time off to go jetting round the world with her boyfriend."
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2012, 01:24:28 am »

Sophie had best avoid Kate since Kate seems to pretty much burn anyone who does reach out to her. I think Kate is a broken soul.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2012, 12:52:17 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRpu-howcs0

She speaks here at timecode 1:00. I find her voice much more pleasant than Kate's.

[/URL]
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #75 on: September 24, 2012, 01:44:49 pm »

She seems much more natural than Kate. Has she got some hair loss at the front?
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2012, 01:54:14 pm »

Yes, her voice seems more natural than Kate's and she does sound more intelligent, IMO.  bored3

Ingrid Seward once said, even though Sophie cut her hair like' or similar to Diana's, that in person she could see why she would prefer the fringe(bangs) because Sophie's hair is very fine.

http://www.zazzle.co.uk/sophie_countess_of_wessex_1995_stickers-217772635006871397

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKVnopM8WU0
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 01:57:55 pm by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2012, 01:58:17 pm »

^
Look at 1min into the video. She looks as if she has a skin condition on her hairline.
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2012, 02:52:01 pm »

Sophie is more intelligent than Kate. Sophie had a career when she got married which helped her personal growth. Kate's career was whatever William wants.   Shocked
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2012, 03:02:15 pm »

YUP, Kates career was to be on her back and William's go to girl when he desired.

I like what Sophie said about being inivolved with her charities.  flower

[/URL]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: