Royal Gossip
December 10, 2018, 03:18:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Countess of Wessex: The Perfect Royal Wife?  (Read 72917 times)
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2011, 06:47:41 am »

It's Wasty PR bullsh#t, pure and simple.  What you said is true, without a doubt in my mind, Windsor.  She fell, had to be prone and gained a few, then wanted to lose it when she felt better.  End of story.  No need to make it about Wasty's bones.  Somebody's working overtime to sell this pap to the public without realizing that the public have a brain.  GaDUH.

PW believing Wasty's verbiage still confuses me.  There are only two theories:  One, Wasty's telling the truth.  Or, Two, PW is delusional and desperate.  I take #2.

Maybe I've watched too many Miss Marple's, but, for me, no one can watch too many Miss Marples.  Not with the marvelous Margaret Rutherford.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2011, 11:46:17 pm »

Somebody's working overtime to sell this pap to the public without realizing that the public have a brain.  GaDUH.

It HAS to be Kate; how else on earth would we know of Lady Louise's eye issues or about half the stuff we know of now? As for William, he's definately delusional and I hope someone breaks through to him. He's like an alcoholic who has seen way too much and needs intervention.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Grace and Diana Fan
Baroness

« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2011, 12:09:28 am »

If Sophie got a trainer, I doubt it has anything to do with Waity! Seriously, come off it.
June
Duchess

« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2011, 05:50:02 am »

Don't we ALL know this as a Truth?  Any of us who are married anyway?  No matter how close you are, no matter how much in love, marriage changes everything.  I even foolishly lived with my first, now gratefully ex-husband for a while and thought that was the same thing.  It isn't.  It's not even in the same planetary system.

So, it follows the line of deductive reasoning that every marriage has an adjustment period.  THIS marriage was, in my opinion, doomed before it began, so any small issue is more than magnified by the marriage contract that feels, if you're not fully prepared and supremely in love, suddenly constrictive.  You have to think about somebody else first and are held to it.  You start thinking about when you're 70 years old and look at that person and wonder.

When I look at the picture of Sophie and her groom to be, I see a sort of mutual respect that I never saw in WK/PW.  I see a pair of people willing to take on the challenge and have a clear and present concept of what their future holds.  It's enormously helpful when the reality shows up.

Where you once thought that it was 'cute' that he snaps his newspaper....after marriage?  You start looking at the hatchet by the fireplace.  My grandma said it best.  "Imagine the worst thing about him."  I did.  "Now.  Magnify it a million times.  That's marriage."

If you hold to that logic, and have been there, then you can accurately assume that the marriage of WK/PW is not going to last unless they make a new contract of mutual understanding.  And even at that rate, you're never going to be with the one you love.  And I think Sophie and her groom get that.  Wasty never, ever did, but will.  And yes, I do believe that she's getting a lot of 'guidance' from her husband.  And I don't think it's very pretty.  These two, even after years and years together, in my mind, never really knew each other.  Why?  Because Wasty lied about who she was.

Great post, Y.  worship

Yes, Waity 'lied about who she was', but I also believe that the reason they 'never really knew each other' was by reason that William kept her at arm's length. He shoved her back to Berkshire when he got tired of her and wanted freedom. He used her when he wanted or needed company. It was easy for her to keep up the ruse.

It wouldn't have mattered to Waity, but William never got to see the real Waity ... and he didn't want to imagine the real one, either. He conditioned his mind into believing that she could handle this gig, for whatever reason/s ...  shifty
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2011, 03:49:43 pm »

BFF2 June!

PW may be starting to wake up now.  Too little, too late, but I totally agree that he really bent his mind into believing certain aspects of WK's character and will be deeply disappointed.  She knows The Sell, but she doesn't have the product in stock, and never will.

But on topic, Sophie is a woman in her own right and if were she, I would be livid that whatever I'm doing is somehow 'inspired' by Wasty.  It's such blatant PR, I can't even believe these things when I see it with my own eyes.  And I would think it would cause more dissent and resentment within the Circle over garbage like this article.  She's not "all that", media!  She just isn't.  And, boy, are they going to back pedal in the not-too-distant future.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2011, 05:01:30 am »

I would be livid that whatever I'm doing is somehow 'inspired' by Wasty.  It's such blatant PR, I can't even believe these things when I see it with my own eyes.  And I would think it would cause more dissent and resentment within the Circle over garbage like this article.

I would be seeing red myself and as for the Circle, I'm sure that there are already acid looks at her over the dinner table at Clarence House. As it is she's been causing Camilla quite a bit of bad press and Camilla was recently accused of being the reason that Kate and William aren't staying at Clarence House.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2011, 11:11:08 pm »

I went to the Royal.gov site to view how many charities and royal patronages came up for the Countess of Wessex.  So far six pages of charities and patronages come up for her.

So while the press is going overboard to make Kate into working Royal, here is Sophie the Countess of Wessex quietly working hard as a Royal and she has been doing this for ten years now, but the press still wants to ignore her and focus on lazy Kate.

Sophie is very pretty, seems very sweet and is a go-getter, self-starter and hardworker, it would be nice if the press would throw the lady a compliment every now and then and some lovely press.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/CharitiesandPatronages/Search%20Charities%20and%20Patronages.aspx

Look at all the charities and patronages she is a part of, it goes on and on for six pages.

If link does not work, I'll go through and list them all later when I have time.
She has so many patronages and charities she is a member of and works with.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 11:13:48 pm by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2011, 11:23:39 pm »

TThanks for pointing this out, serene grace. thankyou
She should get a lot of press because this is how a member of the British Royal Family should behave.

Keep Calm and Carry On
memyselfandroyals
Countess

Good and bad things return

« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2011, 11:28:50 pm »

She a princess in all senses. I love her   sigh

All my comments/posts are only assumptions, thoughts and belifs. I don't make affirmations about facts i don't know about.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2011, 12:28:41 am »

Hmm she's even a global ambassador for one organisation and she has a few international things going as well, I didn't know that!
 thumbsup good job Sophie!

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Contessa
courtier

« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2011, 06:51:36 am »

She's something else.
Go Sophie. Spooky-bat
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2011, 09:50:26 pm »

I've always liked her and I like that fact that Sophie actually had two charities she worked with prior to ever meeting Pr.Edward. When she worked at the radio station, she got involved with her a childrens charity on her own.

The UK press ignores her, but I think she's better for it now, because the UK press is a nasty bunch if they decide you will be their target to bash.

[/URL]
memyselfandroyals
Countess

« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2011, 09:55:51 pm »

I bet she thinks for that. She has a much calm life without the press pressure.

All my comments/posts are only assumptions, thoughts and belifs. I don't make affirmations about facts i don't know about.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2011, 10:23:37 pm »

I think she is low key because the press has already made a joke of her.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
memyselfandroyals
Countess

« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2011, 10:26:33 pm »

Oh, i had no idea   hide
Why, what did they publish?

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2011, 10:27:17 pm »

She believed the fake sheik as did Sarah recently.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
memyselfandroyals
Countess

« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2011, 10:28:48 pm »

That was so unfair  thumbsdown

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2011, 10:31:51 pm »

If she hadn't done anything wrong, she wouldn't have been find out.

memyselfandroyals
Countess

« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2011, 10:35:04 pm »

But in the begining it's normal to make some mistakes

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2011, 12:08:24 am »

I agree  but it was different than Sarah in that Sophie was not sneaking around.. she was working for her PR firm conducting business, it was not some underhanded secret  business on HER part, the problem was not that she went to dinner with the sheik for business because  she always went to dinner or lunch with pr clients, it was conducted as normal business(and Sophie thought he was a real sheik and if he was real, there would not have been a problem besides gossiping she was doing)...the problem was Sophie discussed royalty and her private thoughts politically during the conversation.

The fake sheik idea was said to have come from Prince Charles pr office in attempt to put Sophie out of the press,and to have her as a new bride in the house of windsor viewed unfavorably in order to prop-up Camilla who he was trying to build up her image. Up until that point, Sophie was getting basically good press and Diana comparison's I do believe Charles was involved in that whole shiek-set up, despite it all being covered up now. One of his men who stopped working for him a few years later, said that Pr.Charles was involved in that whole sheik affair, I believe it.

Sophie basically said the Queen Mother was an Old dear.
She said Charles and Camilla were the two most unpopular people in the Country at that time.
She said Blair was too Presidential
and she something about Blair destroying the Countryside.

She did not say anything about Princess Diana....that was made up by the NOTW. Sophie never said one unkind thing about the Princess, but the press ran with that.

Still I think Sophie is very respected now, despite the press attempts to destroy her and if one mistake is all they can find about her since marrying into the Royal family, I think she's performing quite well. Because if you look at Sarah Ferguson, she was in the press messing up every month when she was married to Pr.Andrew.

Sophie's made one wrong move in the press, which was a set-up from a newspaper, but she wasn't doing underhanded business like Sarah, it was perfectly ok for her to take on a sheik pr-client and to take him to lunch or dinner, she did not know the guy was fake, if the sheik was real it would not have been a big story..except that she gossiped about the royals which was really what she did wrong, imo.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 12:14:37 am by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: