Royal Gossip
December 18, 2017, 01:24:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Countess of Wessex: The Perfect Royal Wife?  (Read 58160 times)
india
Princess

« Reply #320 on: May 10, 2017, 03:36:50 pm »

^ I agree GB. Sophie has learned long ago from her mistakes and it a contributing member of the RF. She does not defy the RF and HM. She does what she is supposed to do. She does not embarrass HM in any form or fashion. Unlike the Flashing, Unintelligent, Gurning Duchess of Cambridge that The Idiot Petulant Prince Willy Boy has inflicted upon the world.
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #321 on: May 10, 2017, 04:26:11 pm »

^^ I agree with you.

marion
Duchess

« Reply #322 on: May 10, 2017, 04:56:23 pm »

As India says Sophie has learnt from her mistakes so time to move  on. Unlike waity who is so arrogant or thick and doesn't think she has to change or improve in anyway. With all  her crotch flashing etc she'd be better working in a strip  club than as a member of the RF.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #323 on: May 10, 2017, 04:58:03 pm »

Because their past is their present. Same we complain about other princesses. Btw about the fake sheik she got caught if she had not she would still sell access to the RF for cash. Same as Fergie.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #324 on: May 10, 2017, 06:03:01 pm »

^ With respect, I have to agree to disagree on that.  With no real point in dredging it up I personally see no need for it to be honest.  Not just Sophie, but I see no need to dredge these things up for anyone for no apparent reason.  Like her or dislike her, we all have a choice, no harm in that, but if there is no real reason for doing this to her at this point if she has turned the corner and moved forward, then it just seems pointless to me to rake it up for no good reason.  I don´t think she is the perfect royal wife, who is a perfect wife, royal or normal, everyday wife, but she has more to her than council cath or fergie will ever have, IMO.  With council cath she is always creating some drama, she is bone idle, she is vulgar, she is a lot of things, and yes, many of us, and others keep raking up her past, however, I personally feel she is mistress of her own fate and creates her own problems.  Sophie at least knew she had been caught, took the rap, and tried her best to move back into the family fold and be accepted again.  Council cath just keeps going on and getting worse, the gift that keeps giving to the Republic. 

Over and out from me on this thread, bye bye.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #325 on: May 10, 2017, 06:10:26 pm »

But that is completely subjective. Some will say that Kate or Sofia or anyother has done their dues.

She has moved forward after being caught. If she had not she would be earning money in the same style.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
marion
Duchess

« Reply #326 on: May 10, 2017, 06:22:38 pm »

Well, as we say in the UK, what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander, so I guess all our mistakes must be  our present as well.

Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #327 on: May 10, 2017, 07:28:54 pm »

Why should Sophie be exempt?  All the other royals' pasts are brought up regularly.   Sophie has not changed her character one iota.  She simply is using different tactics.

Sophie is just like Fergie.  The difference is, Fergie was too open while Sophie keeps it close to the vest.  Also, the queen and Phil have protected Ed and Soph and thrown money and perks at them (I think because they were so happy to get Ed married), so Sophie has not had to struggle with much.  When Charles -- who doesn't like the Wessexes -- gains power, things will be different and Sophie will show her true colors.

And, let me add, I think she is not such a great mother -- the shameful way she dressed her daughter (I guess now the teen Louise is speaking out), and she seems to prefer to ignore James -- especially when cameras are about.  And it appears she and Ed lead separate lives now.  No surprise there, considering.

Sophie is in it for the money and the perks. She was willing to do anything to get it, and she has.  So, her character is always relevant, imo.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #328 on: May 10, 2017, 07:56:54 pm »

Well, as we say in the UK, what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander, so I guess all our mistakes must be  our present as well.

We don't have a super privileged life payed by taxpayers. If you do something wrong in your job you will be fired. Well they cannot be fired so at least they should have some kind of obligations. Not selling their access due to birth or marriage should be quite basic.

I do not even think Sophie has done anything remarkable. She has done her job that's it. Being nice and attending events is not very hard.

If Andrew worked for x years and had "good behaviour" then what? Everything he did can be overlooked? Or even Fergie if she had stayed married.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #329 on: May 10, 2017, 08:54:40 pm »

Sophie jet sets around and enjoys a fully luxurious life and I do not view her as holy because she's middle class born/bred and had a career. I for one do not think she's an exceptional mother and I do think she is way too well taken care of for the unremarkable work she does. I do also think that no matter what any of us think of Charles, he is the Heir and Sophie has no business mouthing off to him or trying to make herself a royal star. That role goes to the Heir and Sovereign and to a lesser level, the direct heirs. Not to the wife of a man who is so far down that kingship will never happen. I just dislike it.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Val
Princess

« Reply #330 on: May 11, 2017, 05:36:57 am »

^

In many polls she has been considered by far the best looking woman currently in the RF.   She has a naturally attractive face and excellent bone structure unlike pudgy faced botoxed Waity.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #331 on: May 11, 2017, 07:32:58 am »

And we haven't, thank the Lord, seen her lady bits either
india
Princess

« Reply #332 on: May 11, 2017, 01:41:13 pm »

Yes, I do agree. Sophie has very refined, aristocratic, natural features. I find her looks to be quite refreshing compared to the evolving looks of Council Cath. Poor Old Council Cath's face is constantly melting, pouching and sagging. Not a good look.
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #333 on: May 11, 2017, 02:06:12 pm »

^

In many polls she has been considered by far the best looking woman currently in the RF.   She has a naturally attractive face and excellent bone structure unlike pudgy faced botoxed Waity.

If this is the best looking woman the RF has to offer, then they ARE in trouble! 

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/04/05/23/274D7C0F00000578-3026331-image-m-13_1428271475325.jpg

easter-lol
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #334 on: May 12, 2017, 01:22:35 am »

Because their past is their present. Same we complain about other princesses. Btw about the fake sheik she got caught if she had not she would still sell access to the RF for cash. Same as Fergie.
thumbsup

Miss Hathaway   tehe

Ladybits  http://d3g09s34apoqvi.cloudfront.net/d48ed6954f45ec2ff638c530c6791700/d48ed6954f45ec2ff638c530c6791700_THUMBNAIL_index/d48ed6954f45ec2ff638c530c6791700_THUMBNAIL_2.jpg
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 01:26:24 am by Tatiana » Logged

kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #335 on: May 12, 2017, 12:54:08 pm »

None of them is perfect, th only difference is the mistakes they made and what they did for not making those again.

india
Princess

« Reply #336 on: May 12, 2017, 01:31:22 pm »

Sophie does not repeat her mistakes. She learns from them and now she works hard. She is a contributing member of the RF. Council Cath is a serial exhibitionist. She gets a kick out of doing it. She constantly gives HM the middle finger. She is never prepared for her speeches and sounds like a complete a$$ with that ridiculous fake accent. She is incapable of intelligent, enlightened conversation. Her Fake Teeth and Hair are the joke of the world. She is a flat out embarrassment to the entire RF. And then we have what she did with her so called children. Go to Members Only section. She's a nightmare beyond belief.
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #337 on: May 12, 2017, 02:38:32 pm »

Council Cath's behavior has nothing to do with the discussion about Sophie Rhys Jones Wessex.

Sophie changed her ways after she sold out the RF via her PR company because she was forced to.   She had twittered to the sheikh that she would never be visiting hospitals and cutting ribbons like Diana (whom she hated with a ferocity simply because she wanted to BE Diana).  And then suddenly she was without her PR company and lo and behold she's running around doing the very things she made fun of Diana for doing.

She lied to the queen in that she was supposed to immediately step down and no longer be involved with her PR company but she continued to be a director and attend meetings, until the company finally went bankrupt  -- because it was only solvent while Sophie was using her royal connections -- and her company owed a lot of money to a lot of people.   Did she repay those debts?   Anyone know?

Does Sophie have a life other than her royal duties?   Diana was often photographed with girlfriends and doing things with her sons.  Sophie appears ill-at-ease with her children, particularly her son.  There are no photos of her out with girlfriends.  It seems her fun is in being a royal.  Because she is a climber who got lucky and is determined to make the most of it.

Likewise, Sophie's true character came out when she screeched at her bodyguard in the middle of a London street.  Couldn't even control herself until getting in a car or behind closed doors.   Imagine what does go on with Sophie behind closed doors if she lost it so badly in public in that fashion.

india
Princess

« Reply #338 on: May 12, 2017, 03:03:17 pm »

The Countess of Wessex does the RF proud. She is a wonderful asset. The Queen loves her. She is an intelligent woman and knows how to put others at ease.
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #339 on: May 12, 2017, 03:34:12 pm »

No one knows Sophie Wessex is alive.  Sure, she is a background player, but frankly in this day and time the BRF needs a star.  It's the times we live in.  Sophie has never been and will never be a star.  No one in the USA other than us rabid royal followers even know who she is.   But America sure did know Diana and are familiar with Kate and William.   The BRF needs some star power to carry it through the Queen's passing.  They don't have one and especially not Sophie. All her grins and chatting will not save the monarchy.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: