Royal Gossip
May 25, 2017, 11:47:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Countess of Wessex: The Perfect Royal Wife?  (Read 49617 times)
Lanvin Pearls
Countess

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2011, 07:34:33 pm »

Sophie is allegedly adored. She can do no wrong.  IMHO at 46 it is simply menopause. Same with Carole but Carole is probably PAST it at 56 IMHO.

Yooper  -  YES I was like "WTF" ?? "Upstairs Downstairs" was the most simple, poorly-written, boring series ever. The scenes with that sister of Agnes were the worst. 
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2011, 12:37:11 am »

I can't fathom how Edward might be losing it regularly or how many courtiers might be ranting and raving over the phone, so I don't blame her for looking frayed and perhaps being a little tempermental.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
June
Duchess

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2011, 01:38:51 pm »

I was surprised at Sophie's public display of temper and distress too, but that only adds to my disappointment in her.
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2011, 03:46:44 am »

Sophie gets a trainer to keep up with Kate
 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2002586/Kate-Middleton-Sophie-gets-trainer-younger-royals.html#ixzz1P1fzJqzY
The Countess of Wessex has hired a personal trainer to help her keep up with the younger members of the Royal Family.

Prince Edward’s 46-year-old wife has undertaken gruelling sessions at their home in Bagshot, Surrey, to regain her svelte figure.
X-Mas_rolleyes
Contessa
courtier

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2011, 11:12:31 am »

I hope she does well.
Though she's not overweight, she may just feel a little uncomfortable.
Byechoc
Countess

Nothing happens by accident. everything was a ....

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2011, 11:16:33 am »

Well get a trainer is not bad.. and help us with our health
Good for her...

In life nothing happens by accident. we must remember that there are no good that lasts forever. And evil that never ends. God works in mysterious ways. So I just have to accept what happens because we do not know what we gain by things go this way. Not always what initially seems an award is the. This happens when we fall in love, when we found out a new job when a friend disappears or when someone leaves for ever.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2011, 03:16:33 pm »

Sophie gets a trainer to keep in shape should've been enough for the article topic.  Comparing is flawed and unnecessary.  The best motive to get in shape is to do it for yourself, not to try and be the bone that WK or what anybody else is.  Does Wasty have to be the yardstick and reason for everything?  It's condescending to a woman who, probably, in fact, is wise enough to be aware of doing things for her own reasons.  Silly to say otherwise.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2011, 03:40:22 am »

I think Kate has been leaking; before the engagement, we knew next to nothing about the Wessexes, but now we know more.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2011, 08:42:32 pm »

I think that it's the press making a battle between them to create drama, although I can believe that about Sophie.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2011, 10:06:42 pm »

Well, I think the media is going to end up on the stinky end of the stick on this one because something tells me that this wedding is going to be gracious, understated, elegant and royally appropriate.  I might even go so far as to say that it sets a new standard.  Not the gaudy three-ring circus of the Cambridges' mess-a-thon.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2011, 10:09:24 pm »

I'm glad that sophie is working out and all that but did they really have to use WK's name seriously
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2011, 10:13:32 pm »

Drives me nuts, too, NH.  She has to be mentioned in everything. What Would Kate Do? should be a bumper sticker on every party bus in California next month, if she wants PR so badly.  Let's at least get it accurate for once.

Fernanda Nunes
Baroness

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2011, 10:44:03 pm »

I believe Sophie is better, better, better than Kate eating cookies

Motto for the year 2017: "Saying with a loud voice, Have fear of God and give him glory; because the hour of his judging is come; and give worship to him who made heaven and earth and the sea and the fountains of water." (AP 14:7). [/color]
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/KlpwmFfAZWlEumq3MfQCrQ?authkey=Gv1sRgCLSlo6rhr4elQQ&feat=embedwebsite
http://www.maranathaofamerica.org/ - United States
http://icmaranata.pt/index.php - Portugal www.igrejacristamaranata.org.br, www.icm.org.br, http://radiomaanaim.com.br/v1/ - Brazil
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2011, 10:49:49 pm »

And I agree, agree, agree with you my dear! easter-wink

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2011, 12:06:14 am »

Me, too, too, too.  Kiss

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2011, 12:09:26 am »

I think that it's the press making a battle between them to create drama, although I can believe that about Sophie.

I personally think that Kate really, really gets yelled at (or at least withering looks) by the courtiers and Charles and likely William. I can only think that William wishes that he had some peace in his domestic life. He had it before, but he wrecked it by marrying Kate. Now there's more strife in the RF than has been in YEARS and Kate is the source of all of it.

Contessa
courtier

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2011, 12:13:07 am »

I don't think the real juicy strife has begun yet KF.
But look forward to seeing it all unravel when it does happen.
Fernanda Nunes
Baroness

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2011, 12:34:34 am »

And I agree, agree, agree with you my dear! easter-wink
Me, too, too, too.  Kiss
hug hug hug Kiss Kiss Kiss

I do not believe that Sophie is doing this because of Kate, Sophie in years of royal family should already be accustomed to seeing beautiful women, but she has a strong personality, she does what is good for her. The press must learn that it is useless to put KM at the center of gravity, it lacks the charisma to her ...

Motto for the year 2017: "Saying with a loud voice, Have fear of God and give him glory; because the hour of his judging is come; and give worship to him who made heaven and earth and the sea and the fountains of water." (AP 14:7). [/color]
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/KlpwmFfAZWlEumq3MfQCrQ?authkey=Gv1sRgCLSlo6rhr4elQQ&feat=embedwebsite
http://www.maranathaofamerica.org/ - United States
http://icmaranata.pt/index.php - Portugal www.igrejacristamaranata.org.br, www.icm.org.br, http://radiomaanaim.com.br/v1/ - Brazil
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2011, 12:35:10 am »

Don't we ALL know this as a Truth?  Any of us who are married anyway?  No matter how close you are, no matter how much in love, marriage changes everything.  I even foolishly lived with my first, now gratefully ex-husband for a while and thought that was the same thing.  It isn't.  It's not even in the same planetary system.

So, it follows the line of deductive reasoning that every marriage has an adjustment period.  THIS marriage was, in my opinion, doomed before it began, so any small issue is more than magnified by the marriage contract that feels, if you're not fully prepared and supremely in love, suddenly constrictive.  You have to think about somebody else first and are held to it.  You start thinking about when you're 70 years old and look at that person and wonder.

When I look at the picture of Sophie and her groom to be, I see a sort of mutual respect that I never saw in WK/PW.  I see a pair of people willing to take on the challenge and have a clear and present concept of what their future holds.  It's enormously helpful when the reality shows up.

Where you once thought that it was 'cute' that he snaps his newspaper....after marriage?  You start looking at the hatchet by the fireplace.  My grandma said it best.  "Imagine the worst thing about him."  I did.  "Now.  Magnify it a million times.  That's marriage."

If you hold to that logic, and have been there, then you can accurately assume that the marriage of WK/PW is not going to last unless they make a new contract of mutual understanding.  And even at that rate, you're never going to be with the one you love.  And I think Sophie and her groom get that.  Wasty never, ever did, but will.  And yes, I do believe that she's getting a lot of 'guidance' from her husband.  And I don't think it's very pretty.  These two, even after years and years together, in my mind, never really knew each other.  Why?  Because Wasty lied about who she was.

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2011, 03:33:39 am »

These two, even after years and years together, in my mind, never really knew each other.  Why?  Because Wasty lied about who she was.
Agreed Yooper. Wills is said to be stubborn and arrogant so he could also be blamed for believing and trusting Waity.

"Sophie suffered a fall while out horse riding in April, breaking a rib in the process. Ordered to take it easy, the Countess was upset to find she gained some weight and, once recovered, she contacted a personal trainer to visit her at home."

This is the real reason to me. It's about being healthy not keeping up with Waity and the younger crew.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: