Royal Gossip
July 24, 2017, 09:42:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Countess of Wessex: The Perfect Royal Wife?  (Read 51216 times)
benign
Duchess

« on: April 24, 2011, 01:51:18 am »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1380021/She-s-wearing-Bruce-Oldfield-Countess-Wessex-feeling-little-frayed-Sophies-outburst-bodyguard-outside-bridal-shop.html

It would seem that prenuptial nerves are not confined to Kate Middleton and her family.
Prince Edward’s wife Sophie seemed frayed around the edges as she was spotted leaving Bruce Oldfield’s bridal salon last week.
She took out her irritation on her personal bodyguard by waving her arms and jabbing at him with her fingers as she came out of the exclusive Knightsbridge boutique.

- poor bg..
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 01:55:10 am »

Can you imagine being in the employ of stellar designers like Oldfield and others and dealing with these nervous wrecks on a daily basis?  I know, they make a fortune, but still.  I walked in, saw the dress, had it fitted and left because, well, I'm perfect.  Just kidding.  It's just all so nuts, to me right now.  I'll get back in the groove.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Duchess Georgiana
courtier

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 04:23:04 am »

I feel sorry for the butlers/maids who work for this witch. I once saw pictures of Mette-Marit of Norway doing the same to her female protection officer. That's what happens when commoners marry into a Royal House. Their egos reach the moon and they think they can walk all over everyone.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 04:25:58 am »

Seriously.  Nothing is worse than a newbie but they eventually disappear.  I hope.

OT - anybody see the slaughtering (in my mind) of Upstairs/Downstairs by BBC recently?  I hated it.  They lost the whole sense of the thing this time 'round.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kezza
Baroness

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 04:37:25 am »

Dragging Sophie into the dirt to prop up you know who.

Dont know what has upset her.

You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, which doesn't say much for you.

Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 04:57:44 am »

Dear God, this makes Carole look like she fits right in. First UG and Andrew with comparable shady behaviors and now Sophie and Carole with unprofessional behavior in association with couture designers. However, I venture a guess that Sophie had both outfits commissioned from the same designer and/or made it clear from the beginning that she was not sure which outfit she would wear. Either way, the indecisive pretentiousness is uncalled for. Get a grip!

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Kezza
Baroness

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 04:58:21 am »

Edit timed out sorry to double post.

I think the fact the media was out there might be a clue as to why Sophie wasnt happy. Did someone from the media get in the shop while Sophie was in there and got a bit too close to comfort for Sophie?  Maybe even tried to get a peek at something she was trying on in there? It might explain the reason she was angry and upset at the bodyguard if something like that did happen.

Earth Angel
Countess

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 05:01:41 am »

^^^ It's not Sophie's day! What's the big deal if the public has an idea of her outfit prior to the wedding day. It's not like she's the center of attention anyway. Why be so haughty? She and Carole will probably get along well. It appears they've lost their minds! Uncalled for and immature, imo. ...

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Kezza
Baroness

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 05:39:03 am »

As I said i'm not judging her. Fact the media was there is perhaps a clue to what has set Sophie off. The media has gone crazy over the wedding and perhaps went a bit too far like trying to get a peep at what she was trying on in the changeroom while trying to get an inside scoop as to what one of the members of the RF maybe wearing to the wedding. Maybe she was angry and upset at the bodyguard for allowing the situation to develop by not checking properly as to who was entering the shop.

Sophie has never striked me as being someone who is after attention and just maybe at the time she felt justified at being a little upset at the time.

berlin
Countess

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2011, 06:10:51 am »

I like seeing Sophie like this.  It cuts away from her cookie-cutter image.

However, I do suspect that the media is trying to hurt Sophie's image to make way for Kate.  Reminds me of what happened to Diana when Sophie came onto the scene.  It will be interesting how Sophie reacts and treats Kate.  Of course she'll have to walk a fine line so as not to incur William or Charles' wrath.
Earth Angel
Countess

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2011, 06:22:46 am »

Well Kezza, it's obvious I am judging Sophie and I am comfortable with doing so. Their security is supposed to protect them from physical harm, not from media leaks. Sure they can try to keep the media at bay, but the public does not pay their security bill to ensure the public is kept in the dark about their personal lives. Granted, they should be allowed to have personal lives, but I don't think it is their security's responsibility to make sure that is possible. Their security is to protect them at public events and from harmful people. Their PR, which Sophie is well trained in and capable of herself, is to protect their public image. If your scenario is the case, then Sophie failed to maintain her own privacy. It's nobody's fault but her own. It is not the security guard's fault, imo. ... Boundaries, these royals need to have boundaries, and they should know how to behave in public, as well as how to treat their hired help with dignity. Sophie's behavior is unbecoming and she failed herself for all account and purposes, as far as I'm concerned. ...  
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 06:27:18 am by Earth Angel » Logged

Kezza
Baroness

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2011, 06:48:30 am »

I like seeing Sophie like this.  It cuts away from her cookie-cutter image.

However, I do suspect that the media is trying to hurt Sophie's image to make way for Kate.  Reminds me of what happened to Diana when Sophie came onto the scene.  It will be interesting how Sophie reacts and treats Kate.  Of course she'll have to walk a fine line so as not to incur William or Charles' wrath.

I agree Berlin. The media will play the rest of the RF off against Kate and vice versa. Its not a side of Sophie we see and her and Edward like to keep a quiet and low profile, so I wonder what happened. I suspect the media may of gone too far or the Body guard wasnt doing the job he was paid to do.

Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2011, 08:32:16 am »

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that Sophie isn't reacting well to the chaos that the RF has just been plunged into and I am sure she isn't thrilled with the thought of her ill daughter Louise being exposed to so many around the world. Then considering the regard that Sophie has for HM, I am sure that Sophie is a bit peeved at the stress that William has caused HM and the rest of the family. At some point Edward is going to get picked at by the press and then there's this joke of a wedding she will have to go to. See if that doesn't cause problems. This is horrible for all involved really.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Gaeaskywalker
Baroness

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2011, 06:52:10 pm »

Actually the media, tries to make a twist with this story. They try to make the reader think it has something to do with the designer, but they don't no why Sophie was up set. I don't think she did a Carole here.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2011, 07:01:48 pm »

She looks really upset and nearly crying. I hope we read more about this.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
June
Duchess

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2011, 05:17:06 am »

^ Yes, she does. However, I agree with EA - this kind of public tantrum induced hissy fit is just not acceptable conduct for a royal of her status. I wouldn't classify her as a "minor" royal - she is married to the Queen's son and is part of the immediate family. Of course, once William steps up more, she will take a further back seat, but that is not the case for now.

I do wonder what got to her though. Perhaps the strain from the wedding, as Lady Louise is in the bridal party?  easter-think
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2011, 06:59:07 am »

I think that it could be nerves about Lady Louise and I am sure that there's something else. It looks like the whole RF is on tempermental tenterhooks.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Varya
Super Moderator

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2011, 04:43:43 am »

Who knows what the situation really is/was. Maybe in fact her bodyguard didn't do something correctly (aka: let the media too near or something) or most probably it doesn't have anything to do with the designer or the bodyguard but something entirely different.

OR (conspiracy theory here) maybe the Middletrashes took up his entire time to do their outfits and Sophie's was pushed to the side...  hall-whistle

Quotes about Waity/Waste-y Katie:
On Kate's so called career and work ethic; a coworker from Jigsaw when Kate was working said this: "A fellow staff member said: "Kate is a nice enough girl but she was never what you might call committed to the job.She never worked full-time and appeared to take an inordinate amount of time off to go jetting round the world with her boyfriend."
June
Duchess

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2011, 04:49:21 am »

I'm going to give her a pass this time because she looks really distressed. Still, there is a time and place for such misconduct, and this was not it.  bignono

Is it her job to discipline the protection officer? I highly doubt it; he is not one of HER employees - he's hired and paid for by the government. There would be proper channels she could go through if she wasn't satisfied with his performance.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2011, 06:57:42 am »

Look, people can come unhinged at any point if pushed badly enough.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: