Royal Gossip
November 21, 2017, 06:04:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Attacks on the Windsors will backfire  (Read 872 times)
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« on: April 23, 2011, 10:14:40 pm »

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/opinion/attacks-on-the-windsors-will-backfire/story-e6frg6zo-1226043477810

AS we approach the royal wedding of Prince William to Kate Middleton, the spirits of Australian republicans are running high. Criticism of the Windsors is becoming increasingly bitter and personal in some quarters.

Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 10:27:55 pm »

^^^ The traditional structure of the monarchy, as discussed, is in process of being "modernized" and dismantled by William. Thus, if the need for traditional structure is the only thing keeping republicanism at bay, that too will soon be eliminated as an obstacle to a mature & independent country of Australia. ...

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 10:52:43 pm »

PW doesn't even want the job, does he?  He certainly doesn't act like an applicant.  Other than the perks of the thing.

What we need is a formal step down from PW/WK and Harry to marry a marvelous woman of substance/breeding/quality and step into the breach after PC passes.  Otherwise, they're doomed.  Diana was dead-on right about that.  I never saw it before until this stupid move of PW's.  Moms know best.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
June
Duchess

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 11:46:58 pm »

I can assure you all that this article is very true. The debate is coming from intellectuals, right down to ordinary citizens. I watch out for it and contribute where possible.  thumbsup

Personally, I didn't care if PW chose an aristocrat or not - coming from classless Oz, I would feel that would be hypocritical. The two things that really irk me about Kate are, IMO: a) her lack of discernible work ethic, ergo unwarranted airs of elitism, arrogance and entitlement; and b) the suspicion over her "stalking" of William, as her life's ambition - and that of her mother, particularly. I'm just getting the feeling that they wouldn't take "no" for an answer, and that worries me.  easter-think

Australians can be quite crude, but quite right in the sense that we don't take to BS very kindly. That is why William puts on his hooligan hat when he visits.  X-Mas_rolleyes
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 01:26:35 am »

I totally want to visit Australia and New Zealand.  So many of my friends have been there and they come back and say, "They're like us, only better!"

If you need a petition signature, I know a few who wouldn't mind helping out, even though they live here (surfing - even tho yours is better).  You guys deserve to be the first to have Freedom.  JMHO.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: