Royal Gossip
November 14, 2018, 12:00:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal Staff  (Read 38972 times)
Val
Princess

« Reply #240 on: April 24, 2016, 12:44:23 pm »

^

That reminded me of a few Christmases ago when Willy wouldn't let the staff see the film they wanted as he had already seen it.

What about poor old backstairs Billy who served the QM most of his life then was thrown out unceremoniously a while after she died.   He was devastated and found drunk on the pavement near his council flat, how very sad then died an embittered old man.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #241 on: April 24, 2016, 02:47:24 pm »

I think it can depend a lot in the position you are but I doubt they are worse employers than others. Working for the BRF also gives a lot of glam to a cv I'm sure lot of futures employers are impressed and if you are not mediocre must be easy find a job afterwards. For ex nanny Maria is never going to be out of work.

@meememe I can see that happening with Harry at least Will has an excuse and kids make people forgive everything. So you say that he didn't have the ability to go up? Because he went too quickly or because he has no talent for more?

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #242 on: April 24, 2016, 04:08:00 pm »

@ Marion  -  I have heard a lot of stories, all nasty and unpleasant, from people with relatives/close friends who work for the royals.  The royal dogs get treated better.  Still shades of upstairs/downstairs, and never the twain shall meet.  Many of the staff are treated like dirt, and God help them if they stand up for themselves.  In fact I know of one member of staff who got bullied big time  -  very nasty and unpleasant by TPTB, she took it higher, and got nowhere and was told they could bully whoever they wanted and it was not her place to question it.  She was forced to finish her contract of employment, was threatened with legal action if she did not, but needless to say on the day her contract expired she handed in her notice. The rf might look sweet and sugary, but by jingo they are a nasty lot.  Apparently bill medd one of the nastiest of the lot, many of the staff are amazed that the staff who work for them stay, they treat their staff like dirt.

My paternal grandmother, who was born and raised in London,  when first married, lived next door to a woman who worked for the rf, she intensely disliked the job but had to do it to keep body and soul together, the stories she used to pass on to my gran about the treatment they got would make your hair curl.  She got out as soon as other employment came along.  She also said that the rf never even look at you, you don´t exist other than to lick their boots, bow and scrape to them, and if they do it is as if you are dirt beneath their shoe.

I would think that many who have worked/still work for the rf do not get treated well.  HM has only just brought the salaries up to the current living wage, which is not that much at the end of the day.  Anywone who wants anything to do with that bunch for the kudos of it need their heads testing IMO.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #243 on: April 24, 2016, 11:26:53 pm »

I think it can depend a lot in the position you are but I doubt they are worse employers than others. Working for the BRF also gives a lot of glam to a cv I'm sure lot of futures employers are impressed and if you are not mediocre must be easy find a job afterwards. For ex nanny Maria is never going to be out of work.

@meememe I can see that happening with Harry at least Will has an excuse and kids make people forgive everything. So you say that he didn't have the ability to go up? Because he went too quickly or because he has no talent for more?

What I have been told is that he was told that he wouldn't get promoted to major at the 'right time' i.e. after doing the time necessary and passes the next level of exams as he didn't have the talent and skills for that level of promotion. He could have stayed in the army as an aging captain. By choosing to leave he will get the promotions on time, as will William (just as Andrew and Michael etc have been promoted every five years - it is an agreement that the royals have with the military that when a royal leaves the military they still get the promotions).

I am sure things will work out for Harry but, my insiders are saying, that he seems to be lacking direction at the moment as everyone had expected him to stay in the army until his mid-40s at least. I have also been told that every suggestion for a full time employment has been rejected by him and he has no interest in doing full time royal duties - even less interest than William who accepts it is his destiny, but not really until his father is King. Being good at something doesn't mean that they want to do it and from my friends who work for the royals Harry isn't really keen on doing duties either.

These friends of mine have all said that they were treated extremely well by all the royals and the fact that there is a third generation working for the family says something I suppose. My friends were able to save while living at BP, and visiting other royal homes as well, so that when they were having their first child and she had to leave (remember in the 50s pregnant women were expected to leave their jobs and raise their children - not just those in royal work - my mother worked as a legal secretary but had to resign at six months because clients were complaining that she looked awful and shouldn't be working so she resigned) they bought a three bedroom freestanding house in London and he started to commute to BP each day. The same thing happened with the next generation and now their kids are working at BP and saving most of their money and enjoying living in central London. They also say the work isn't that hard and the hours are good most of the time.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 11:32:32 pm by meememe » Logged
Mandosiel
Duchess

« Reply #244 on: June 05, 2016, 05:16:53 am »

One I'm interested in hearing about from your friends is Duchess Dolittle? What do they have to say about her?
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #245 on: June 05, 2016, 08:23:51 am »

thanks mememee for sharing

I am not surprised about Harry.  The announcement about his leaving the army came rather abruptly and was quite a surprise.  Just goes to show the royals do not get treated with kid gloves in the military if they can refuse to promote an actively serving royal.  Wonder if the failure to be ready for promotion was because he had not buckled down and concentrated or that he simply could not cut it? 

We have been talking on the Harry threads about all this sort of stuff and it seems to me that something has to be wrong in that he cannot at his age yet claim a successful long term relationship.

I think being in the curation department of the RF staff would be fascinating and well worth the experience - the opportunity to see and handle and conserve the antiques and historic artifacts would be such a thrill.  I've also seen documentaries about various royal residences and the staff having very nice housing.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #246 on: July 10, 2016, 09:29:24 pm »

Fancy working for the Queen? Buckingham Palace is advertising for a pot washer
The successful candidate will be required to clean dishes at other royal residences such as Windsor Castle and Balmoral.
The Queen is advertising for a £16,000-a-year pot washer to do the dishes at Buckingham Palace - but you get to live in.

Whoever lands the post will also be required to pack their dish cloth and brushes to tackle mountains of cutlery and crockery at other Royal residences like Windsor Castle and Balmoral .

The Queen’s advert tells applicants the job will provide ‘the feeling of satisfaction from helping to deliver a spotless service’.

The job requires the successful candidate to work five days a week and the salary is £16, 755 with a pension scheme and 33 days’ holiday.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/fancy-working-queen-buckingham-palace-8390629

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #247 on: July 10, 2016, 10:41:14 pm »

^ROTFL!

Not on your life, Lizzie!

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #248 on: July 11, 2016, 03:37:06 pm »

Rather go begging than work for that lying old buzzard.  Hardly appealing is it, pot washing day in and day out.  Not much of a career there  laugh  She must live in the Days of Yore, when people were content to do anything at a low price for the rf.  Sorry Lizzie, those days are long gone, no kudos working for that lot any more.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #249 on: July 11, 2016, 08:45:38 pm »

Fancy working for the Queen? Buckingham Palace is advertising for a pot washer
The successful candidate will be required to clean dishes at other royal residences such as Windsor Castle and Balmoral.
The Queen is advertising for a £16,000-a-year pot washer to do the dishes at Buckingham Palace - but you get to live in.

Whoever lands the post will also be required to pack their dish cloth and brushes to tackle mountains of cutlery and crockery at other Royal residences like Windsor Castle and Balmoral .

The Queen’s advert tells applicants the job will provide ‘the feeling of satisfaction from helping to deliver a spotless service’.
The job requires the successful candidate to work five days a week and the salary is £16, 755 with a pension scheme and 33 days’ holiday.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/fancy-working-queen-buckingham-palace-8390629

There is NO WAY that anyone can live nearby and do this work and sustain getting food on the table.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #250 on: June 30, 2018, 11:32:33 pm »

Queen's PR chief to leave Palace in dramatic changing of the guard amid ongoing senior courtier reshuffle... as Thomas Markle debacle continues to embarrass Royal family

Sally Osman, 57, will move on in a series of reshuffles among senior courtiers
    The Royal Director of Communications was hired on a six-figure salary in 2013 
    Last year the Queen’s private secretary Sir Christopher Geidt also resigned

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5904735/Queens-PR-chief-leave-Palace-dramatic-changing-guard-amid-senior-courtier-reshuffle.html
marion
Duchess

« Reply #251 on: June 30, 2018, 11:39:40 pm »

Did she jump or was she pushed?

It's time the RF stopped making scapegoats of their staff. Harry's to blame for the murky mess, Harry and Harry alone. He should be told  to sort the mess out that he's created.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #252 on: July 01, 2018, 01:14:12 am »

^You are undoubtedly correct.  I’d be beyond shocked if Harry or Sparkles accepted personal responsibility for their own missteps.  You can’t fix stupid or control a drama addict.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #253 on: August 16, 2018, 03:32:08 pm »

Doctor to the Queen is named as cyclist killed after being hit by lorry on central London road just seconds from hospital where he worked

Emergency services vehicles raced to scene after man was involved in crash
    Bystanders battled in vain to save Dr Peter Fisher following collision at Holborn
    The experienced homeopathic physician served the Queen for almost 15 years
    One Twitter user labelled junction 'confusing' while another said it was 'very sad'

A cyclist who died after being hit by a lorry during his morning commute was a doctor to the Queen, it has been revealed.

Bystanders battled in vain to save Dr Peter Fisher following the collision on Wednesday morning, seconds from where he worked as a director of research at the Royal London Hospital for Integrated Medicine.

Eyewitnesses revealed how medics desperately gave the 67-year-old CPR both before and after he was pulled from underneath the front wheel of the lorry.

The homeopathic physician served the Queen for almost 15 years as a member of the royal medical household, and it is understood Her Majesty has been informed.

He has become the eighth cyclist to be killed in London this year and the fifth to die during a collision with a lorry.

[...]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6066711/Doctor-Queen-died-cycling-hit-lorry.html
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #254 on: August 16, 2018, 05:35:53 pm »

Homeopathy? Dear goodness, what nonsense.
Little light
Countess

« Reply #255 on: August 16, 2018, 06:03:20 pm »

I have a friend who is a fully qualified medical doctor who works in the NHS.  He also studied homeopathy and is a trained doctor plus a homeopathic doctor both within the NHS.

The way an ordinary vaccine works is this.

When we are vaccinated, we are given tiny doses of vaccines to boost the body’s immune system so we don’t get that particular illness. Like chicken pox or measles etc etc.

And homeopathic medicines work in an identical manner EXCEPT the doses given are absolutely minuscule compared to vaccines. And it boosts the body’s immune system to fight that particular illness or to fight against a particular illness or ailment.

They both work on an identical premise.

But each to their own beliefs.  flower

He said it works, I can testify to that myself. I’ve had it on the NHS for years. It saved me from becoming severely disabled. But each to their own, right?  flower

PS I’m not being sarcastic, hence the flowers, just trying to explain it and that it worked for me.  thankyou
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #256 on: August 17, 2018, 12:37:51 am »

^ You're not the only one with positive experiences with homeopathy  easter-wink thumbsup

And the side effects aren't as grave as they can be with "conventional" medicine. "Harmless" Ibuprofen/ Advil/ Whatever-Other-Name causes blood clots amongst other things. As example.

I think a mix of natural & chemical is best.

Anyway, that poor man sure had a terrible morning, the description of the scene from an eyewitness is quite grisly.

This is exactly why I always say I don't understand how Pippa and others can cycle around London, I'd be petrified to cycle in traffic in London nervous
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #257 on: August 18, 2018, 01:13:14 pm »

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/homeopathy-nonsense-risk-harm-29-european-academies-science-advisory-council-remedies-a7963786.html
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #258 on: August 18, 2018, 01:29:11 pm »

Going off topic and whether or not homeopathy is effective belongs in off topic threads.  Be mindful that all views are to be respected, however, and anything less sows discord.  Thank you.  YM

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #259 on: August 18, 2018, 10:30:07 pm »

I really wish royal staff would learn their place; ex-staff like Wharfe and Burrell have no business blasting the royals and staff should be bound by contracts to keep their mouths shut. Diana was hugely mistaken in treating staff like pals and confidants and should have followed royal rules and maintained a distance.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: