Royal Gossip
November 14, 2018, 11:59:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal Staff  (Read 38970 times)
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #220 on: April 30, 2015, 03:30:19 am »

^It's cool if you want to be a butler I guess but the thought of not using my time towards my own life and investing in a home of my own or building up my own credit rating in a rental and the freedom of all of that is far more important to me than that toadying about under someone else's roof.  Even those who work in the White House have their own homes and make a very decent salary, usually for life.  Maybe 12,000 pounds is a lot over there but London's expensive as all get out and the Windsor's ain't exactly broke so I'd laugh at that one.  To each his own.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Liquorice
Baroness

« Reply #221 on: April 30, 2015, 07:07:58 am »

They are also getting free accommodation in central London - which goes for around another 12,000 pounds a year at least. So hardly that bad a package.

Free accommodation in central London is a very good thing. I'm not sure it would cost only £12,000 ; it depends on if the worker has a family and if his/her partner is able to complete the remainder of the rent. Do you have any information on it ?
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #222 on: April 30, 2015, 08:38:00 am »

I went to sites like this one http://www.gumtree.com/studios-bedsits-rent/london that have the rate for a week or a month for bed-sits that come in at the 12000 per year mark as the lowest figure.

In Kensington the cost is about 300 a week or 15000 a year.

Of course a bigger apartment would cost more.
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #223 on: April 30, 2015, 05:54:27 pm »

^Maybe it's a US thing.  We, well I, simply can't wrap my head around it and would never accept a position for that amount of money.   And to live on the premises?  Not a chance. 

No...not just a US thing. I would never work for the royals, at least not for the serf-kind wages they pay. The reason why they think they can get away with it, is because for some people it gives a certain prestige to work for the royals. But 'prestige doesn't pay the bills'.

meememe
Duchess

« Reply #224 on: April 30, 2015, 10:32:42 pm »

What bills?

They don't have to pay accommodation or meals.

Their electricity and water would be part of the BP bills so at most phone and internet and clothes other than work clothes.

I had a now deceased friend who worked at BP in the 1950s and 1960s and given all of the above being paid for he was able to save up, pay for his wedding, pay cash for his first home and car and take holidays every year for cash and still have money in the bank at the end of his 10 years of working for the Queen. His wife also worked for her and she used her money to save to help them when they started their family - which is why they left as she wanted to be a 'stay-at-home' mum and it was the money save while working at BP that made that possible. Their children and now grandchildren have followed their footsteps and also worked at BP and did the same thing.
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #225 on: May 01, 2015, 09:39:20 am »

Even relatively speaking, life was much, much cheaper in the 1950's and 1960's. What worked back then, won't work now. There are extra bills, the safety net of the government is being reduced as we speak so people will have to either safe more for a rainy day, or take out insurances. Houses have increased in price more than inflation, even after the melt-down of 2008.

And then there is the cost for modern-day equipment we didn't have in 1950 but are practically a necessity now; like smartphones, computers, a car etc.

But hey...if people want to act as doormat to the royals...let them I say.
Liquorice
Baroness

« Reply #226 on: May 01, 2015, 09:58:10 am »

If we add the accommodation, the salary amounts to £27,000, £30,000. And maybe there are more fringe benefits. Given the qualification it is rather nice. I know young graduates, who did a Master of Science, who start at £30,000, 35,000. And with that, they must pay the accommodation.

If you live in a megalopolis like London, you quickly learn that owning a car is a luxury. If you want to own a car, you change your localisation or your job.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #227 on: May 18, 2015, 03:50:55 am »

Queen to pay the Living Wage to servants

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3085742/SEBASTIAN-SHAKESPEARE-Queen-pay-Living-Wage-servants.html

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #228 on: May 23, 2015, 11:14:11 am »

Hmm, what is going on these days with all this BP info coming out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3093461/Queen-wields-Buckingham-Palace-jobs-axe.html

This just shows what a heartless old woman she is - virtually throwing staff out on the street after 30+years loyal service. They are now reliant on council housing  -  if they can get it.  When you think of the millions wasted on renovating KP for the lazy duo and compensating the charity booted out, money that could could used top pay these salaries for years to come. Also the little matter that  bill meddleton and his other half are hardly ever at KP any more.  They tell us that the lazy duo will live full time at AH so on the few occasions they are in London they could stay somewhere smaller, in fact be cheaper to put them up in a hotel. .IMO it's time she put her hand in her own pocket for family spending like that, mind you, that many moths would fall out, the money would never be seen Morale must be at rock bottom at BP - well Lizzie had better be watch out, she might well find that when loyal staff are badly mistreated and discarded their sense of loyalty disappears, and fast.  She needs to be careful, this may well encourage someone to spill the beans on what really goes on behind the scenes, especially if the price is right.

Tpearl
gossip insider

« Reply #229 on: June 17, 2015, 04:21:03 am »

True
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #230 on: August 25, 2015, 04:23:41 pm »

Security alert as Queen's servant 'offers Buckingham Palace romp on Ashley Madison'

A ROYAL servant has sparked security fears after offering a romp inside Buckingham Palace on cheater site AshleyMadison.com, according to reports.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/600522/Ashley-Madison-Buckingham-Palace-AshleyMadison-hack-Queen-servant

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #231 on: August 26, 2015, 01:51:04 am »

^This hack is the gift that keeps on giving!

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #232 on: January 30, 2016, 03:51:46 pm »

Fancy a pay-rise, Wills? The Queen is advertising for a new helicopter pilot and is offering a salary of £80,000 a year - double what Prince William currently earns

Prince William may think he is entitled for a pay-rise after the Queen posted a job advert for a helicopter pilot - with a salary double that of rescue pilot Wills.

The British Monarchy website is currently advertising the role online, offering up to £78,500 a year for the successful candidate who will be tasked with transporting the Queen across the country.

The Royal Family itself has several helicopter pilots in its ranks, most notably Prince William, who serves as an air ambulance pilot in East Anglia.

The future king, a former RAF Search and Rescue pilot, is paid a salary of £40,000 for the role, all of which he donates to charity, after tax.

Unsurprisingly, the advert calls for applicants to have 'high levels of attention to detail and time management skills', while VVIP (very, very important person) experience is 'highly desirable'.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3422523/Fancy-pay-rise-Wills-Queen-advertising-new-helicopter-pilot-offering-salary-80-000-year-double-Prince-William-currently-earns.html

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #233 on: April 23, 2016, 04:17:23 pm »

http://www.buzzfeed.com/nicolenguyen/hi-will-and-kate#.cw7N0ZPkw

If anyone is interested in changing jobs...

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
marion
Duchess

« Reply #234 on: April 23, 2016, 08:07:28 pm »

IMO Jugger's job will be up for grabs too soon - anyone interested
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #235 on: April 23, 2016, 08:58:39 pm »

Would rather ne jobless than work for the rf.  Personally I see no kudos in being associated with them in any way, I would feel tainted and as if I had sold my soul to the devil.  I recall HM being livid because staff (or RPO´s) had helped themslves to a few nuts for dishes of them she leaves lying around.  Pathetic, and it was in the press.  I think they must be hell to work for, not thanks, not for me.  I also could never bow or curtsy to them, we are all equal and do not need to bow and scrape to others.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #236 on: April 23, 2016, 11:02:03 pm »

Knowing people who have worked for them - they are not.

My friends tell me they were great to work for and working for them allowed them to set themselves up, buy their first home as they saved most of their pay and they were some of the best years of their working lives. Their children and now grandchildren have and are working for the royals now and loving it.

The Queen, like everyone else, sometimes loses her temper - she is human - but she is the first to apologise and she insists on the staff being treated with total respect by her family and visitors.

The biggest pains have been some of the overseas Heads of States who treated the staff like dirt but the royals - never. That certainly is the words from my friends who worked for them in the 1950s - 1980s and as I said now their children and grandchildren are working there.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #237 on: April 24, 2016, 12:03:44 am »

sob So you know a lot of gossip and you don't share!

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #238 on: April 24, 2016, 07:45:23 am »

Yes I do know a lot - but given the attitudes of many posters here I doubt that they would like to hear it.

What I have been told is that Diana was the most difficult to work for, for instance, William is doing exactly what the Queen thinks he should be doing, they are more concerned about Harry - both workwise and relationship wise as he can't keep a relationship going with a girl for more than a few weeks now. He was supposed to stay in the army for 20+ years as Andrew did but was advised by the army that he had reached his maximum rank due to ability (Andrew took 20 years before getting that advice to Harry's 10) but Harry is as determined as William to avoid royal work until Charles is King but has no interest in getting any form of real work either - just a couple of days here and there and no more.

Those are just a few tidbits ...
marion
Duchess

« Reply #239 on: April 24, 2016, 12:35:23 pm »

I agree GB - a former colleague of mine worked for them and she told quite a story.  t Christmas they had to buy a pair of white gloves to were when they received their Christmas present at the staff party and they ahd to have a new pair every year - the Christmas present undoubtedly cost less than the gloves.  Things may have changed recently - who knows.  Unfortunately she has now died so no longer has the "pleasure" of being in their employ and I have no way of getting accurate info re the current situation
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: