Royal Gossip
November 21, 2017, 06:10:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Middleton party No3  (Read 946 times)
Nighthawk
Princess

« on: April 23, 2011, 06:23:22 am »

Middleton party No3
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/royalwedding/3542976/Middleton-family-to-throw-third-wedding-party.html
KATE Middleton's parents will hold a THIRD reception - for relatives not invited to the Palace evening bash.
Wills and Kate's do - their second that day at the Queen's home - is limited to 300 people, meaning many of the 254 wedding guests of Carole Middleton, 55, and hubby Michael, 61, will miss out.

So the Middletons will spend £25,000 hiring the entire Goring hotel to throw a barbecue while they party with the bride and groom at the Palace next door.

A source said: "It's their way to soften the blow. But it's not ideal."

True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 04:03:01 pm »

Funny I had been wondering about that myself. If they would lay on an independent bash for those not doing the whole gig. As long as the taxpayer ain't footing the bill it's not a problem at all.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 04:38:21 pm »

Ditto.  Not taxpayer money?  Not my business.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 05:11:33 pm »

X-Mas_rolleyes Even the wedding planning has emerged as a disintegrated conglomeration of celebrations. This is the royal family of Britain, claiming this couple to be down to earth and sensible, yet there are different receptions for different classes of people and not everyone is invited to a reception. They shouldn't have invited so many people when they cannot accommodate them all in ONE place for ONE celebration with the bride & groom in attendance. Disorganized, disintegrated, thoughtless arrangments, imo. ...

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 05:12:57 pm »

That would have made too much sense, EA, and nothing involving this has made any so far. 

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: