Royal Gossip
December 15, 2017, 04:05:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen-to-be Kate Middleton is global media magnet  (Read 2042 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

« on: November 22, 2010, 05:27:32 pm »

Queen-to-be Kate Middleton is global media magnet

When Prince William popped the question, he made fiancee Kate Middleton one of the most-photographed, most-pursued women in the world. "The paparazzi of course are a different kettle of fish," Dadak said. "There is always some maniac paparazzi who will try to take long-distance shots. People will be whizzing around in helicopters, because it's a great story."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_BRITAIN_ROYAL_WEDDING_PAPARAZZI?SECTION=HOME&SITE=AP&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

I find that difficult since she isn't even all over the DM, plus other news outlets are treating this as secondary news, not primary. Her main coverage has been the tabloids, but even the DM has relegated her to the right columns, she's not even primarily covered. Her coverage is also more down the website. I don't see primary coverage on her anywhere as a major priority for any news outlet, not like Diana was. Her main coverage is in the tabloids, not the respectable papers, as I've mentioned in the past.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
MOSAIC
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 06:33:49 pm »

People are sick of what was initially wall to wall coverage and there were comments about this under every story.
I'm no fan of Charles but I wish they'd stop referring to her as Queen-to-be.  Of course IMO this is conditioning people to think of her as THE future Queen, and the queen to be which at this moment she is not, and neither is William. He is the heir in line.  His maturity to be king is already being called into question. If he is not ready then she certainly isn't.
Princess Alucard
Countess

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 07:28:20 pm »

She wont be queen till what?....50's? 60's?

Nov. 16, 2010.... Hell froze over *plays in the snow*

MOSAIC
Duchess

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 07:43:06 pm »

Hard to say Princess Alucard.  The Queen is 85 in April, Charles is now 62.  Both are reported to be in excellent health, but things like Prince William's recent, IMO, betrayal, will not help either of his grandparents or his father.  If Charles had a reign of 15 years then, both William and Kate would be 45-50, that is if the Monarchy lasts that long, and personally I doubt that it will.  Charles may become king - just, but I don't think it will go on to William.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 07:46:55 pm by MOSAIC » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 10:01:36 pm »

I think that Kate has always had to kind of struggle to be in the press, mainly since she has done nothing unique of note and doesn't have any real charisma or 'pull' of her own. I have to think that the Palace won't like her competing with William and the other members of the RF, plus if she tries to leak, she won't have any ability to cover it up. I believe that she'll have the same level of coverage as any of the other Crown Princesses since she, like them, don't have that real pull. I think that the stage will be bereft of a royal star for a while. Mainly since there are no major accomplishments among them as people.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
princess_elena
gossip insider

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 10:03:03 am »

well here in my country there is hardly any coverage (for establish newspaper) for Katey and PW engagement. Only small bits, not enough to attract people to read it. So I don't see it as a media magnet at all.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 04:33:17 pm »

I have to admit, this isn't as big as you would think it would be. One would think there would be wall to wall coverage on this, but there isn't, plus the reactions aren't positive.

spookyboo
courtier

Long live HRH King Henry IX

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2010, 05:50:00 pm »

in recent days here (states side) it seemed to have died down a bit, but now that we have the 'date and place' we'll probably get fresh coverage... honestly the only thing I've heard over and over again... is how pretty she is... nothing of substance is in the coverage it's all superfical... really sad...

Loyal Harry-ite#8
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2010, 07:52:39 pm »

I think the lack of coverage is because Kate has been all over the press for eight years, so there is no interest because she isn't a new face, like Diana was. People are sick of her and I wonder really if she will be covered all that much since she's already been in the face of the public for a long time. People are nochalant, so there will be a large amount of press at the wedding, but will taper off until she starts making gaffes.

Byechoc
Countess

Nothing happens by accident. everything was a ....

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2010, 10:24:34 pm »

IN portugal she is the headline.... Embarrassed

In life nothing happens by accident. we must remember that there are no good that lasts forever. And evil that never ends. God works in mysterious ways. So I just have to accept what happens because we do not know what we gain by things go this way. Not always what initially seems an award is the. This happens when we fall in love, when we found out a new job when a friend disappears or when someone leaves for ever.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2010, 07:41:29 pm »

in recent days here (states side) it seemed to have died down a bit, but now that we have the 'date and place' we'll probably get fresh coverage... honestly the only thing I've heard over and over again... is how pretty she is... nothing of substance is in the coverage it's all superfical... really sad...

I personally think it's wall to wall where she hasn't already been all over the press. I'm sure that the wedding will have a lot of coverage, but a collapsing economy will end up taking precedence in regards to the concern of the public who care more about their homes than the triumph of the Midds.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: