Royal Gossip
November 21, 2017, 06:14:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Britain loves Kate... will the Royals? Mail poll reveals fears for Middletons  (Read 2138 times)
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« on: April 23, 2011, 12:02:59 am »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1379758/Kate-Middleton-Britain-loves-Royals.html

Kate Middleton’s popularity has soared but the public fear she will suffer snobbery when she joins the Royal Family, a poll for the Daily Mail reveals today.
As they count down to Friday’s wedding, Prince William and his bride will be cheered by an overwhelming surge of popular goodwill, with three quarters of the country planning to watch the ceremony on television.
More than half the public think the wedding will strengthen the monarchy, and support for Kate as the future Queen has leapt dramatically. The findings suggest her dignified behaviour since the engagement in November has been greatly to her credit, with women especially impressed.

benign
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 12:16:00 am »

oh wells, pressure is on WK and hoping she doesnt lose any more weight after the wedding...But i do believe that the RF will make her earn her keep and it will probably be a lot worse than what Diana had to endure...the worse part, she cant complain or moan about it since this is what she wanted the most...
Dahlia
Baroness

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 12:16:53 am »

All this sugary articles make
Mia
Baroness

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 12:19:10 am »

DM polls... Who knows what is real and what was edited...

Take a bow Waitie Katie

Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 12:34:58 am »

If Kate encounters snobbery, should anyone be surprised? KAte has done nothing but cause trouoble for the RF and now participate in the full destruction of the dynasty, if not the whole system. She is entering a system that is based on birth or exceptional accomplishment, she has neither. Secondly, she has been pushing herself into this family and society and has gotten the ring in the most underhanded way possible. In any other top society, Kate would be getting the same reaction, even in America where we have our elites as same as anywhere else.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 02:17:40 am »

laugh BAH AHAHA! This is equivelent to saying that most of Britain is living Kate's fantasy and sharing in Kate's fears! A case of mass hysteria perhaps?  laugh

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 02:38:14 am »

case of mass hysteria perhaps

Or mass psychosis.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2011, 03:47:41 am »

The wedding is approaching and this is the DM IMO lies like they've always supported that Lazy woman!

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
Duchess Georgiana
courtier

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2011, 06:09:09 am »

They forgot to mention that Lady Diana Spencer was as aristocratic as can be and she faced snobbery from the royals. So the opportunistic Middletons being excluded is a no-brainer!

Some great comments by the DM readers:

"I don't know how Kate will fare as a princess given her background. However I'm sure her ratbag relatives will compromise her position and embarrass her severely. Her mother in particular is a social climber of the worst sort and is adopting a position and attitude almost as though she is a member of the Royal Family herself. And as for Kate's uncle, brother of Carole - let's not go there. Absolutely horrid".

"What a complete waste of time. 1029 people is hardley a cross section of the british public it's about 0.0017% and could probably be achieved by standing in an average high street for a couple of hours. It means nothing"

"She's skinny, He's bald ! When the cups and saucers start flying about during their first tiff, snobbery will be the last thing on their mind. they'll be too busy insulting each other".

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2011, 06:11:50 am »

"I don't know how Kate will fare as a princess given her background. However I'm sure her ratbag relatives will compromise her position and embarrass her severely

How much do you want to bet that each time Kate's family starts putting on airs or making demands or acting out, the courtiers will take it out on Kate?

Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2011, 06:15:54 am »

was this poll done on the dailysnail? if so all the Kate Lovers most likely sat there everyday voting for this lazy wrench
Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2011, 06:53:21 am »

^^^The comments from the DM readers. thumbsup

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
June
Duchess

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2011, 12:38:51 pm »

Unfortunately, Waity also has a lot of supporters, judging by the DM comments.  X-Mas_rolleyes

Whilst ever Waity and the Middletons are pitched as the underdogs, it's going to work in their favour. It really has been a masterstroke by the media. Most people abhor snobs and snobbery. Kate has been able to win over a lot of people this way, who seem to be completely oblivious to the fact that this IMO very spoilt, lazy and self-absorbed woman has led a life of privilege most people can only dream about, starting with her parents never pushing her to go to get a JOB. This it turn has perpetuated this myth that Kate is still an innocent and younger than she actually is. sigh

Well, I suppose she has only played at being grown-up, so it fits.
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2011, 04:01:24 pm »

June I think the Middleton and the Palace camp has teams of supporters who visit the web sites to post positive stuff. It happens in the pop and rock music business all the time. They call them street teams and basically they are paid to push a particular act up across the web. Not saying anyone's paying them to do it but I have no doubt a good number (not all of them) fall into the volunteers camp.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2011, 04:45:36 pm »

True Brit is absolutely correct.  It's sometimes a real paid job to surf the net and put in as much PR as possible for the one who hired you, whether you believe in the cause or not.  An actual vote of the world would prove a different story, but nobody's going to take on that.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Lanvin Pearls
Countess

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2011, 11:11:44 pm »

TRUE !  ^ 

It happens BIGTIME in the political field too. Mitt Romney's camp/fam allegedly promotes him bigtime. It is sickening. (NOT a fan or a supporter of him).
June
Duchess

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2011, 05:48:37 am »

June I think the Middleton and the Palace camp has teams of supporters who visit the web sites to post positive stuff. It happens in the pop and rock music business all the time. They call them street teams and basically they are paid to push a particular act up across the web. Not saying anyone's paying them to do it but I have no doubt a good number (not all of them) fall into the volunteers camp.

I take your word for it, but is Waity that important?  easter-think

Also, many comments seem really of amateur standard. Occasionally, I read one which looks very "staged" but not often.

Regardless, I think that those who like her will most likely post, yet many of those who don't won't bother. So, it's really not a good indicator of her popularity. I was just stunned that so many of the comments seem to support her, when prior to the engagement, comment were mostly scathing. Wow, people really are gullible, IMO.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: