Royal Gossip
November 24, 2017, 08:14:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate 'will not obey': Bride will follow Diana's lead and ditch ancient vow  (Read 2377 times)
Nighthawk
Princess

« on: April 22, 2011, 03:11:19 am »

Kate 'will not obey': Bride will follow Diana's lead and ditch ancient vow as she pledges to 'love, comfort, honour and keep'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1379453/Royal-wedding-vows-Kate-Middleton-pledge-obey-husband.html#ixzz1KDKPamb8
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 03:13:29 am »

How 'hip'.  I did that in 1979.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 04:38:06 am »

She might not realize it, but she had better get used to being obedient and getting it into her head that she isn't going to be in charge of anything. Each time she breaks a little tradition and refuses to go along with each ceremonial that she is suppsoed to, it's another reason for the courtiers to clamp down on her. Doesn't she get tired of flouting authority at all?

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
benign
Duchess

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 04:40:27 am »

the article is funny...The word "obey" doesnt need to be said or spoken since shes been doing that for so many years now so its automatic for her...how else did she bag PW?
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 04:41:17 am »

Only be PRETENDING to be naturally obedient.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Earl Grey
courtier

Last hope for the Windsors: Anne for Queen!

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 04:57:16 am »

I thought she has become her faith?

She obviously hasn't  read the bible very well

Ephesians 5:22-24: "Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife...wives should submit to their husbands in everything."

Disclaimer:can't say I agree with this bible passage, but it is clear enough...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 04:59:13 am by Earl Grey » Logged

Sometimes it takes a little child to say what we have all been thinking
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 05:02:02 am »

Well, in the Russian Orthodox vows, wives have to "honor and obey," while the husbands 'love and cherish' and Kate doesn't strike me as the personally religious type; if she had to she would convert to Islam or Satanism to get what she wants from William. It's just convenience, which is perversely perfect since that is how the Church of England came into being.

Earl Grey
courtier

Last hope for the Windsors: Anne for Queen!

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 05:14:27 am »

and Kate doesn't strike me as the personally religious type; if she had to she would convert to Islam or Satanism to get what she wants from William. It's just convenience, which is perversely perfect since that is how the Church of England came into being.

Or worship the Martian with 4 arms and eights eyes.

Sometimes it takes a little child to say what we have all been thinking
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 05:16:17 am »

Who knows. All I do know is that eahc time she tosses something aside, she is going to end up incurring the wrath of the courtiers wh owill be awaiting her after she gets back from her honeymoon for her first staff meeting.

Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 06:26:15 am »

Great Saint Kate has shown her true colors with this one. She is her own boss now and no man, including God the Father and/or Jesus Christ shall render her submissive. Like I wrote in another thread, this wedding is blasephemous in my eyes! And I should add that this omission from the vows is being put in the context of equality & modernising the monarchy, but it is actually a defiant act of post modernism!

Disclaimer: I do not think a woman is secondary to a man, but his complement. Each has to have a defined role in the relationship and while I believe in equality, sometimes a person has to defer to another as the head of the household. Even on our tax returns, in this great democratic nation of America, there can only be one head of household! If she cannot obey, then she is not fit for the duty to the UK, that she has chosen to take on. It's the law of the father that she is breaking. ...

These two are totally emphasizing the wrong aspects of tradition to modernise and they obviously haven't been very thoughtful of the bigger picture in making this decision!  wellduh  
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 06:32:28 am by Earth Angel » Logged

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 06:30:09 am »

This woman will be a regular Lilith; for those who don't know, she was supposed to be Adam's first wife, but refused to submit since she was created from dust, just like Adam. I see her as the first feminist. the Irish will be making jokes about her on a regular basis.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2011, 09:30:10 am »

EA and others, I married in the Catholic church and didn't say 'obey', however, the husband is the tree of the married life.  He is the leader, in my church anyway.  Actually, I was, but in 'mind' he was.  Wasty is SO out of her league here in how to deal with marriage, I can, at this point, only laugh.  And not in a happy way.  God's in charge and watching.  That's all I've got to lean on now.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
karla64
Baroness

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2011, 01:47:59 pm »

same thing to Princess Diana I think..

[
Dahlia
Baroness

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2011, 01:53:31 pm »

How 'hip'.  I did that in 1979.

tehe

I find it good!  flower

Well, in the Russian Orthodox vows, wives have to "honor and obey," while the husbands 'love and cherish' and Kate doesn't strike me as the personally religious type; if she had to she would convert to Islam or Satanism to get what she wants from William. It's just convenience, which is perversely perfect since that is how the Church of England came into being.

What? Islam and Satanism are on the same level? Okay.....
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2011, 05:56:16 pm »

I didn't say that; if siad if she had to convert to Satanism OR Islam, she owuld do it. I never said they were equal.

Dahlia
Baroness

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2011, 06:11:06 pm »

I didn't say that; if siad if she had to convert to Satanism OR Islam, she owuld do it. I never said they were equal.

Hi is okay
Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2011, 07:24:42 pm »

EA and others, I married in the Catholic church and didn't say 'obey', however, the husband is the tree of the married life.  He is the leader, in my church anyway.  Actually, I was, but in 'mind' he was.  Wasty is SO out of her league here in how to deal with marriage, I can, at this point, only laugh.  And not in a happy way.  God's in charge and watching.  That's all I've got to lean on now.

And that's your prerogative Y. I don't think you are to be the head of your church and community and I don't think you have power over others vested in your interests. ...

I do not agree with the omission of "obey" unless there is other wording that meets the concept of one mind created before God, as it defeats the purpose of two becoming one. If a couple wants to invert and have the man obey then so be it, but someone's got to be the complementary force in a relationship. If a person does not want to follow the conceptual tradition then perhaps a marriage at city hall is best. Marriage is a sacrament that has boundaries, rules, and spiritual norms to go along with it. ...

Just as being blessed with one sacrament as a formality to satisfy another defeats the purpose of the first, changing the holy spirit component of the sacrament of marriage defeats the purpose of marriage before God. Two become one if and only if the two aquiesce to fuse on a spiritual level. Anything else is not in accord with the holy spirit and a sacred union before God will not be achieved, in my educated opinion. ...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 07:27:43 pm by Earth Angel » Logged

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2011, 07:36:41 pm »

The only reason that women get abused from that vow, is because it is the excuse that abusers use. Abusers find ANY excuse to abuse people and if it's not the word 'obey,' it would be something else.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: