Royal Gossip
November 21, 2017, 06:02:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Archbishop of Canterbury reveals he had a 'long chat' with William and Kate  (Read 3146 times)
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2011, 11:52:30 pm »

Thanks, MK.  That's a well written piece and quite accurate and I had forgotten about the confirmation thread that got me all in a tizzy.  It's all sad and phony, isn't it, really?  Pity.

I'm in a really dark place about this marriage today.  The closer we get to 4/29, the more surreal it becomes, for me.  It was all kind of fun to make fun, but, when you boil it down, it's so insincere that it's heart breaking.  For me, at least.  I guess I'm a romantic at heart and want desperately to believe in a cozy, loving family brought together with genuine caring, love and faith.  Hokey, huh?

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
June
Duchess

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2011, 12:17:10 am »

No, I'm the same way, Yooper - and I don't like duplicity.  bignono

Don't get me started on the religious hypocrisy of this farce again, please!  sauer  hiss  screaming

How DARE this woman just get confirmed, and then sashay down that aisle as if she were a virgin and actually cares about the sanctity of a full nuptial mass.  Angry  bignono

It's Easter, it holds significance to me, and I must remain calm.  there
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2011, 12:22:20 am »

Then, ignore me, because with Easter coming and the, well, let's just say, I get really upset about the farce.  Really.  Really.  Really, upset.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
June
Duchess

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2011, 12:26:25 am »

Me too, for so many reasons. We'll all have to comfort each other.  hug
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2011, 01:18:01 am »

Back atcha.   BFF2

And I really need like 15 hours in the Confessional.  I have no right to judge anybody but I'm sure doing a darn good job of it.

Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2011, 04:15:32 am »

^^^ We're all human, no matter how much we prefer to rise above. I've realized that it's healthy to apply critical thinking to others thoughts and actions. It's a fallacy to think we are not being judged, thus I feel that it is my right to scrutinize public figures. I don't feel the least bit guilty and I won't be repenting for my ability to discern & judge other people and situations.

Y. , just don't act on your impulse to punch Kate in the face or do anything impulsive. Karma will catch up with her. Kiss ...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 04:19:16 am by Earth Angel » Logged

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2011, 04:21:50 am »

Ok, EA.  But, if I was 9 or 10, I'd pull a good one on 'er.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: