Royal Gossip
November 21, 2017, 06:01:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Archbishop of Canterbury reveals he had a 'long chat' with William and Kate  (Read 3145 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« on: April 22, 2011, 12:27:08 am »

Fearing a Royal divorce? Archbishop of Canterbury reveals he had a 'long chat' with Prince William and Kate about married life

The Archbishop of Canterbury yesterday revealed that Prince William and Kate Middleton have expressed concern at getting wed in the public eye.
Dr Rowan Williams said the pair had been forced to think long and hard about the pressures this will inevitably bring on their marriage, bearing in mind the disastrous track record of other royal couples.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1379322/Royal-divorce-Archbishop-Canterburys-long-chat-Prince-William-Kate-Middleton.html#ixzz1KCf66vxf

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Princess Alucard
Countess

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 12:34:54 am »

Oh brother thumbsdown let's scare them some more but it won't work

Nov. 16, 2010.... Hell froze over *plays in the snow*

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 12:54:52 am »

This is so f'ing simple.  My grandmother, God rest her soul, put it better than any Archbishop.  "If there's ANY doubt, there's NO doubt."

Don't do it.  Just don't.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
benign
Duchess

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 12:59:54 am »

why is he talking? He doesnt need to say anything about the couple or even what they talked about...Its private and confidential.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 01:09:14 am »

No, he shouldn't have said a word.  I don't know the guy, but he seems a bit 'out there' to me.   

It doesn't fall under the sanctity of the Confessional, however, and this may be a good wakeup call for these two to see that nothing they do will ever be strictly private again.  Or maybe he's more than a little worried about this marriage and is taking his responsibility seriously.  He spoke in general terms, even though he should've kept his big mouth shut, and he said good things about the couple, but I read in all of this a genuine level of doubt in his mind and it's his JOB to make sure he's doing the right thing, too.  At least it is in my church.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 01:41:47 am »

He's gotten quite a few things right and he was right to declare that he did have a long chat; if things go South, no one can point the finger at him and tell the world that he didn't do his part in making sure both idiots knew what they were getting into.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 01:44:24 am »

That's quite true.  He's on the same playing field as your surgeon or a supreme court judge.  It's his reputation and strict belief on the line here.  If he sees something out of whack, his credibility would be zero if he didn't state his concerns.  These people need a bucket of cold water poured on them.  They are no longer private people.  What they do in the future affects many, many people and it's a HUGE responsibility and not a lark.  Get Real already.

Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 03:46:56 am »

I feel like this entire fiasco is PR and B.S.  SJP said this was a private matter, as it should be, thus Rowan should NOT be talking. There's no reason for him to have to cover his a** at this point. These two are responsible for their own choices and there's no such thing as "malpractice" in religion. It's all about faith! ...

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 03:51:36 am »

No, EA, there isn't any 'malpractice' in religion, but there is validity.  I have been burned a couple of times and can see that a person who is advising on this level needs to take extra special attention to detail.  Not that anyone's going to drag him to the tower if this marriage fails (and it will), but he has a path that is beyond compromise.  I think that's what people are thinking, perhaps.

Earth Angel
Countess

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 03:59:07 am »

^^^ I look at it differently because William will eventually be the head of the C of E. He should know just as much or more as Rowan and if HM has done her job in mentoring him, then he ought to be able to teach Rowan a thing or two. Yet I agree, William is probably too ignorant about the church to be a primary information source and considered able to guide his own decision-making. However, he should have been well versed and able to go through this with Rowan as a sounding board, not needing any other guide than his own judgment and faith, but alas, his decision-making leaves much to be desired and he's obviously not an expert on his own church or their practices. If so, there would not have been any 8 years of living in sin and no illusion of a Great saint Kate! This whole situation is backwards, including the need for so much guidance from a church he will one day be the head of and make decisions for. Oh wait, that too is probably only a formality and an illusion!  wellduh They're living a lie by all accounts, imo!   

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 04:20:13 am »

It's beyond obvious, to me, that PW has not paid much attention to his religious compass and is paying the price now.  I *despise* to think of anyone lost at sea in this arena, but he is and there is no one who can convince me otherwise.  If he had been on the right track, we wouldn't be here.  This, if nothing else, proves the importance of a solid, and grounded spiritual guidance.  He's a lost soul right now and I'm deeply sorry about that, but he's risking not just his future, but unborn children and more and more confusion and constant correcting of something that is so easy to fix. 

Postpone the wedding until you're 100% sure, in all areas, no exclusions. 

Earth Angel
Countess

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2011, 04:33:44 am »

^^^ I agree.  flower Your last post brought to mind the proverbial ship of fools! Always destined to sink and he will along with it unless he can swim in the ocean of conflicting emotion. ...  BFF2

pyrenees
courtier

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2011, 04:39:47 am »

It's beyond obvious, to me, that PW has not paid much attention to his religious compass and is paying the price now.  I *despise* to think of anyone lost at sea in this arena, but he is and there is no one who can convince me otherwise.  If he had been on the right track, we wouldn't be here.  This, if nothing else, proves the importance of a solid, and grounded spiritual guidance.  He's a lost soul right now and I'm deeply sorry about that, but he's risking not just his future, but unborn children and more and more confusion and constant correcting of something that is so easy to fix. 

Postpone the wedding until you're 100% sure, in all areas, no exclusions. 
It seems that the wisdom needed to head the COE is found lacking in him and his bride to be.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2011, 05:11:48 am »

At least he did. At least he made sure that both got an earful of advice and discussion.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2011, 09:59:12 am »

Sober up, KF.  This kid has no idea of the sobriety of his decision.  Where u been?

The whole thing?  BAD idea, both on the emotional and spiritual plane.  And, has anyone heard from the bride and her devotion other than her 'confirmation'?  I remain unimpressed and....ok, furious.

Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2011, 03:58:22 pm »

They're responsible to the whole society,responsible to god for their relationship.
Yeah tell that to two spoiled brats.

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2011, 11:09:26 pm »

Excellent point, Magnolia.  My problem is that I don't have a personal sense of actual integrity in either of them.  And if an Archbishop is concerned, I can only imagine what I don't know about.  They have flaunted all rules regarding personal accountability to the Church.  I don't know.  Has anyone seen them before this going to Church together?  Or WK and her family?  It's not instant coffee, you two.  It takes much soul-searching and I don't think they've done any of that.

When they see the magnitude of the ceremony, my money's on the reality hitting PW in the face like a ton of bricks.  THEN, he'll know.  When he hears the words, when he feels the finality of his ill-advised decision, a little piece of him will start to grow that will eventually lead to an ending of this farce.  What a waste of time, money, and energy.  Please, dear God, let them part before children arrive.  That's what I pray for now.

mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2011, 11:33:07 pm »

I have never seen Kate pictured or talked about going to church.

William is only seen near a church for special occasions.

I do not believe either are actually Christian but just for show.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2011, 11:39:05 pm »

I figured.  Then what's with the whole confirmation thing for Wasty? A formality?  Does no one else find this insulting and kinda making those who are believes feel cheapened?  I'm not making my point clear, mostly because I'm so disenchanted with these two.  It's none of my business what their spiritual beliefs are, but that's a pretty important Abby that they're walking into and a very serious Church that is marrying them.  It's not Las Vegas, drive-thru, so I remain perplexed and wonder how many other things are ingenuine about them if they can flaunt a fake belief just to put on a show.

Because, in Fact, this marriage is a religious event, and nothing less.

(If there are double posts of this, I apologize, but I'm having technical difficulties here.  I keep getting booted out.  Maybe it's intentional?)

mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2011, 11:45:40 pm »

Yooper, I posted this in the confirmation thread a fyesterday but here it is again for you

I cannot help feeling that if Kate Middleton had been serious about her Christian faith, she would have been confirmed in the Church of England at a somewhat younger age than 29. Having attended such expensive private boarding schools as Downe House and Marlborough College, she would have been offered the chance of confirmation while still in her teens. Prince William, for example, was 14 when he was confirmed.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/belief/2011/apr/15/kate-middleton-confirmation

I think it raises a few good points including the one above.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: