Royal Gossip
November 21, 2017, 06:07:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Details of the Royal Seal signed by HM The Queen approving the wedding  (Read 7134 times)
True Brit
Duchess

« on: April 21, 2011, 04:32:48 pm »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/royal-wedding/8465846/Queen-reveals-formal-consent-to-beloved-grandson-William-and-trusty-Catherine.html

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 04:43:40 pm »

Trust Catherine. This must be a joke. She's proven over and over that she can't be trusted.  hiss

Keep Calm and Carry On
Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 05:41:33 pm »

First of all St. Catherine of Siena was canonized a Roman Catholic saint. Was Kate named after the CATHOLIC mystic? To even symbolicly include her in this materialistic protestant charade is sacriligeous! And to marry on the day of her death no less! How is it possible that Kate is officially identified with such a holy person when she, herself, has not led an exemplary life?! These two aren't even married yet and Kate's being falsely depicted by none other than HM! What was mistranslated in the King James bible that caused the C of E adherents to be blind to Truth?  This wedding is now blasphemous in my eyes.  I've seen it all now~they are making a mockery of the Holy Spirit! The only other possible shock would be a commissioned painting of Kate as the Virgin Mary!  
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 05:48:56 pm by Earth Angel » Logged

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 05:47:54 pm »

St. Catherine is a CATHOLIC saint, not a Protestant one since Protestantism doesn't recognize saints, only martyrs and then only in a historical context.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 05:51:14 pm »

^^I could not be more sympathetic, EA.  Being raised Catholic from many generations, this is indeed blasphemous.  I'm stunned that this made it past inspection.  HM must be out of her mind.  For me, from now on, on a deeply spiritual level, this is as insulting as it gets to me and believers everywhere.  Just when I thought my respect couldn't go any lower for this setup, it has and has now hit rock bottom.      

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 06:00:13 pm »

This, combined with the full nuptial mass, is a literal slap in the face to the Almighty and I don't think HM has gone out of her mind, so much as thrown in the towel. How on earth, if William canceled, would any woman be able to put up with the comparisons not just relationship wise, but also in regards to the engagement time period as well. Kate is being welcomed with open arms now and HM just went against her own edict in regards to banning the Midds. Blasphemy and a slap in the face combined. Is the RF just BEGGING God to send some thunderbolt to zap all of them?

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Leila
Countess

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 06:03:28 pm »

I'm not going to make myself sick by reading the article  ick so could someone give a short summary please. flower
Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 06:05:30 pm »

This is pretty stomach turning suddendly a s**ut is turned Saintlike  everyday it gets worse.KF IMO the scandals to come are going to be the creator's revenge and the monarchy's funeral.

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 06:13:04 pm »

All the rest of the idiocy is somehow bearable, but the nuptial mass and now THIS, using St. Catherine, who is fully canonized?  The monarchy deserves to be abolished based on this alone.  It's unforgivable to ban Catholics in marriage and then turn around and use it in such a smug and convenient way for your own needs. 

You can mess with a lot of things, but the sanctity of God isn't one of them.  Not in my book anyway and I'm not all preachy preachy, but this is so phony and so hurtful, oh...I give up on them.  They're on their own with their own consciences and I have no right to judge, but this just proves how unworthy they are to be who and where they are.  They don't realize what a slap in the face this is to Catholics world-wide. 

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
AlisVolatPropriis
courtier

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 08:29:13 pm »

http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20395222_20483642,00.html

The Queen declared her approval and signed the lavish document – officially called the Instrument of Consent – on Feb. 9

If someone betrays you once, it’s their fault; if they betray you twice, it’s your fault.
Eleanor Roosevelt

"It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities" - J. K. Rowling

Con te partirò
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 08:38:17 pm »

I saw it and it is lovely.

Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 08:49:02 pm »

^^^ Yes Y., St. Catherine was fully canonized in 1461 and was said to have been a virgin whom had a mystical marriage with Christ. She looked to Mary Magdalen for spiritual guidance, was a doctor of the church, and led an outstanding life of service, eventually starving to death while fasting! ...

We all know that if Kate eventually starves herself to death it will be in vain and not a purely spiritual matter.

Also, the outright contradictions between the Act of Settlement and this wedding, along with the Roman Catholic symbolism their including, is blatant hypocrisy. I am not one to preach either, yet the British royals and the Church of England cannot logically have it both ways. Either they abolish the Act of Settlement before integrating Catholic tradition back into their culture or they keep their hands off the Catholic heritage they have ridiculed and disparaged for centuries!

As an aside, in my research into the Anglican religion and the Church of England, I realized that their forefathers were egoists, not spiritualists, and setting aside my bias that comes from having Roman Catholic roots, I still think the Church of England messed up in creating this monster of a church they have, that keeps morphing and now has two heads! Not much is integrated and to have integrity, such must be integrated in a semblance of one holy work and singleminded purpose.

Based on what I know, I agree with the astrologers that think this marriage has no merits and will be doomed! Seers are far more prophetic than blind men with an agenda!  sly  
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 08:54:30 pm by Earth Angel » Logged

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2011, 09:33:49 pm »

This one hit a nerve too deep for me to ever recover any respect (I know, I keep saying that).  You're absolutely right on all points, EA.  I would love to be able to say to anyone at the reception, "You remember, Catherine, don't you?  You know, before she was a virgin?"

They not only now have bad karma and jinx all over them, but the cosmos as well. 

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2011, 10:58:59 pm »

HM has just lost my respect and I hope her staff resigns en masse and the others refuse to work for the RF, since it would entail kowtowing to Kate. Let Kate and William hire who they want and let them go down in flames all their own. HM never should have given her public approval in this way and there is no excuse. None at all. She has just failed her dynasty and ancestors in the worst possible way. She could have refused and let William know where she stood; then the Court could have used this as a way to ensure that the wedding doesn't happen. Or something.

Unless HM steps in, I give up on HM.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2011, 12:36:20 am »

The Instrument of Consent will be sent to the royal newlyweds following their marriage for them to keep.
Euhm odd question I know but, what would happen if they lost that thing huh
I mean there's only one original with seal right?!
What if it get's 'lost' one day? Or destroyed in a fire, or if someone steals it!
Their security isn't 100% airtight! (After all a mentally ill guy once managed to get in HM's bedroom one night and woke her up for a little chat!  X-Mas_rolleyes I still can't believe that really happened! Shocked)
Would that make the marriage invalid?
Does anyone know? Just curious....
I mean they will probably lock it away in a bank-safe anyway, but what if...

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2011, 12:47:21 am »

That is a very good question.  I'm sure that they have a solution for this, but I'll tell ya, I had a devil of a time getting a passport for my mother because she didn't have a birth certificate, only a baptismal one and the original was burned in a hospital fire.  The US Govt was immovable and we had to get an attorney and all kinds of things even though she was 88 and had been living in the US and paying taxes/voting for her entire life.  The original or nothing was the answer.  In the end, they contacted the Catholic church and they vouched for the document.   I also went through the same mind-numbing situation trying to get my husband's estate straightened out with the Social Security dept.  Those people have no sense of humor.   It cost me $25/piece for an original death certificate.  I tried sneaking one in because I have this awesome printer, but they have watermarks and I was back of the line again.

Sorry, off track here.  But, again, very good question.  Hopefully, they will lose it after HM passes away (God forbid) and the marriage will have to be annulled.

pyrenees
courtier

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2011, 01:09:12 am »

^^^ Yes Y., St. Catherine was fully canonized in 1461 and was said to have been a virgin whom had a mystical marriage with Christ. She looked to Mary Magdalen for spiritual guidance, was a doctor of the church, and led an outstanding life of service, eventually starving to death while fasting! ...

We all know that if Kate eventually starves herself to death it will be in vain and not a purely spiritual matter.

Also, the outright contradictions between the Act of Settlement and this wedding, along with the Roman Catholic symbolism their including, is blatant hypocrisy. I am not one to preach either, yet the British royals and the Church of England cannot logically have it both ways. Either they abolish the Act of Settlement before integrating Catholic tradition back into their culture or they keep their hands off the Catholic heritage they have ridiculed and disparaged for centuries!

As an aside, in my research into the Anglican religion and the Church of England, I realized that their forefathers were egoists, not spiritualists, and setting aside my bias that comes from having Roman Catholic roots, I still think the Church of England messed up in creating this monster of a church they have, that keeps morphing and now has two heads! Not much is integrated and to have integrity, such must be integrated in a semblance of one holy work and singleminded purpose.

Based on what I know, I agree with the astrologers that think this marriage has no merits and will be doomed! Seers are far more prophetic than blind men with an agenda!  sly  
Ditto. I heard that, deep in his heart, Henry VIII was really Catholic but the devil's advocate in him that was his ego and Ann Boleyn led him to form a church of his own.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2011, 01:13:22 am »

I wonder how the Pope feels about the whole Feast of St. Catherine/Church of England/virgin wedding business.  His Holiness has been quiet about it, but it does break, if not severely bend, the rules of the Church and its limitations of liberal and absolutely blasphemous use of its Saints.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2011, 01:58:31 am »

The Church of England is utterly desecratory in using St. Catherine as a simlie for Kate. This will make things awkward when Kate and William do at some point meet the Pope; I know that this will tick of devout Catholics worldwide.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2011, 02:03:25 am »

Quote from: Kuei Fei link=topic=2181.msg37644#msg37644 date=1303433911I know that this will tick of devout Catholics worldwide.
[/quote

It already has.  I got me a big mouth about this one and many friends around the globe and they're disgusted.  That's the word they use after I hear the rushing suck of astonished air.  Nobody's brought this up before.  It kinda got swept under the rug and they're idiots if they think the Vatican doesn't know everything.  And, for a reality check, I'm not the world's most devout follower, but I gotta tell ya, this is just a big no-no.  I truly believe that nobody did this intentionally which almost makes it worse!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: