Royal Gossip
April 21, 2019, 09:45:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: State a fact about yourself  (Read 48635 times)
Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #220 on: May 31, 2011, 02:05:12 am »

Welcome Back Contessa! Hope your husband is okay!

Fact: I don't wear makeup everyday.

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Contessa
courtier

« Reply #221 on: May 31, 2011, 09:14:12 am »

I had a few too mant wines today Kiss
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #222 on: May 31, 2011, 10:47:45 pm »

Yeah, I can tell  tehe
(the y is next to the t on an azertyboard)

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #223 on: June 01, 2011, 01:58:54 am »

I sprained my stupid f'ing ankle yesterday hauling food all over for the picnic so I'm on ice for now.  A glass of wine doesn't sound too bad, but work awaits.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Lady Artemis
gossip insider

« Reply #224 on: June 01, 2011, 05:49:37 am »

Majoring in International Affairs...huge interest in cultures & countries!!! Maybe I should become a professor to teach about that hmmm working on it!! Oh and want to find a JOB!!!!
Contessa
courtier

« Reply #225 on: June 01, 2011, 01:35:46 pm »

Yeah, I can tell  tehe
(the y is next to the t on an azertyboard)

easter-lol

I actually enjoyed my job today.
Earth Angel
Countess

« Reply #226 on: June 21, 2011, 12:24:41 am »

Due to unforeseen happy circumstances, I will be arriving in Toronto, Canada on July 5th. Now I'm praying these fly by the seat of their pants royals don't decide at the last minute to visit Toronto during my time there. The traffic in Toronto is bad enough as it is. And I don't think the city is big enough for their entourage and me. snob ...

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #227 on: June 21, 2011, 01:37:07 am »

Ah you poor thing,  there
Just in case, take a few tomatoes with you!  hall-whistle easter-lol
I've lost 4 pounds over the last two weeks and I don't know how? blink
I eat like a pig but it doesn't seem to stick!

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #228 on: June 21, 2011, 01:55:48 am »

I can stand on the top tier of a water-skiing pyramid (in Wisconsin, USA).  If I've already said this, kill me.  But, it was quite an endurance test.  And I didn't fall of or nothin'.  I can also thread a water-skiing group of 6 and not fall.

I can also stretch my hands to an octave and a half on a piano and still play without annoying people - hopefully.

Let's see....I won many, many, many Twisting contests.  No one has beat me yet.

Every dog I ever met likes me.

I can body surf with a short board and, well, a boogie and my own body.  Seriously, this is a lame addition.  Well, maybe not.  My children stand at the shore and scream.  They're terrified of the ocean, tho.  Wussies.

I can knit, crochet, and embroider.

The best rose grower in my section of California.  Yessss!

Make the best beef and chicken gravy - ever.  AND potatoes.  I have a secret for the world's best mashed potatoes.

Can decorate a cake by making roses and using buttercream perfectly.  Not so good with the other fancy stuff like fondant.  But if you want a white/chocolate cake with awesome roses?  Call me.

I always win at marbles.

NEVER had a traffic violation (knock, knock).  In FACT, I was stopped for speeding.  I was 10 miles over the speed limit and I said, "PLEASE don't spoil my perfect record!"  He didn't.

Great snorkeler.  No biggie, but it takes some talent to know how to dive down a lot and still breathe, I suppose.  You see some amazing things that way.

I can sail my own skim.  That's a single-person sailboat.  Never did the big stuff.

I can swamp a canoe alone and survive for three days in water/on land and build a fire anywhere, anytime and for any reason.

I play:  tennis, archery, can ride a horse (yecch), canoe (and swamp it and survive), pitch a tent and live for 10 days, golf (bore), and shoot a .21 the eye out of a needle.  I have won more sharp shooting badges than any woman in Wisconsin for year 1975.

That's about it.  OH, I can dance anything.

Not much.  But something.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Earth Angel
Countess

« Reply #229 on: June 21, 2011, 02:13:41 am »

^ That's alot! I don't think I could come up with that many talents for myself.

I can read just as fast and proficiently, upside down & backwards. ...

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #230 on: June 21, 2011, 02:36:45 am »

You win, EA!  I can only read upside down.  From many, many years of standing there, knees knocking and hoping for the best at the Prez's desk.

Yay!  EA!!!!  Backwards!!!!!

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #231 on: June 21, 2011, 02:40:34 am »

yooper!  Shocked you can sail, that is so cool!
hmm lemme see,  easter-think
I speak four languages (Dutch,German,English&French)
I'm good at history (top of my class) and geography (give me a map and compass and I'll find my way home no biggy)
I'm good with most animals (except for spiders, *despise* those creeps!)
I'm good with ppl (I'm not too shy to ask a stranger for directions, or to chat up a good looking fella! easter-lol)
I'm a very calm person, it takes a lot to anger me. (but once I'm p*ssed.... Run! Run far, Run fast! Because  sauer)
I smoke  hide (I know, I know, I'm trying to quit)
I like to think of my self as independent I make my own living and I can cook, clean, iron, fix a broken lamp, paint or paper the walls, repair a stuffed sink and mow the lawn (who needs a man anyway! tehe)
I'm hopeless with paperwork and redtape (I'm just to messy with that stuff (which reminds me I still have to fill in my taxes!  wopedo)

That all I can think of for now

Earth Angel
Countess

« Reply #232 on: June 21, 2011, 02:43:53 am »

^^ easter-lol Yes Y. me too! many years of yearning to figure out what the paper on the given authority figure's desk or in hand said. After awhile ( like by the end of elementary school), nothing was getting by me without my knowing exactly what was going on! I wasn't going to settle for doing as I was told without knowing the complete picture even though I wasn't being told things in their entirety! No one keeps me in the dark if I can help it!  Kiss

Let's see, when playing softball, I know how to place a hit anywhere in the field I want it to go. ...
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 02:47:20 am by Earth Angel » Logged

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #233 on: June 21, 2011, 02:48:35 am »

^^^Well, then, if we were gay, we'd make a good match.  Being a Virgo, a piece of financial or any other piece of paper work sits on my desk for about 1.2 seconds.  Pick up phone, find the problem, kiss their a$$, stick piece of paper in envelope and..mail.

I speak 3 languages.  Total lie.  I speak 1 perfectly and two sort of.  French and Finnish.  I can tell you how to sweep your floor in Finnish and French, well, nobody ever gets French right enough but I get it enough that they treat me with no contempt.  And I can fix anything, too, because of my first a$$hole husband, but would be delighted to show someone else where the blow torch was for the frozen pipes.

Me?  Sailing?  I said I could sail a skim.  Although I know what all the parts of a real sailboat are and my dad and I messed with all the parts, so if we were stuck out in the ocean, I could get it, but mostly I know how to keep things clean.

QUIT SMOKING!!!!!  I'm only being brassy about that because I've lost too many people to it, ok?  Hey, I used to be an addict.  I understand, but dump it.  It's bad sh#t.

Earth Angel
Countess

« Reply #234 on: June 21, 2011, 03:16:30 am »

aww I love you too Y. loveshower However, I'm interested in men & believe my meant to be intimate partner is a MAN and that's my fact! If only we'd cross pathes, sooner rather than later. flirt ...

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #235 on: June 21, 2011, 03:28:04 am »

At yooper
aww I wooove you twoo honey!  BFF2
Next time I go on a holiday I'm soo gonna pass by San Diego!  easter-wink (hmm a 10 day trip to California, why not easter-think..gotta check those prices!)
I'm a Sagittarius BTW (I don't know if that mixes well with a Virgo  dontknow)
I'm interested in alternative stuff like herb lore, Wicca and runes but somehow astrology is too much detail for me (all those calculations smashed)
And yes mum, I'll try to quit and be good  hide

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #236 on: June 21, 2011, 04:16:33 am »

You wanna make a fortune, Akasha?  California's your place.

Just set up a table with all your wicca, herb, and anything 'alternative' stuff and you're a HIT!

Go to Garnet Street, turn right, hit the beach, have a table and you'll make money.  I PROMISE!

OR, come live with me while you get your act together.  A bathroom and kitchen are helpful.  Where I live is total surf world so you're lost here.  All we do is surf here.  SERIOUS surfing, however, not just a half mile south?  TOURISTS.

Do me a favor.  Look up Windansea.   Then look up Mission and Pacific Beach.  Two different dealios.

But, I'm gone a lot so who know?huh I'd love to see your art!!!!!  Then there's the La Jolla Opem Aire Market.  Gold Mine, sweetie.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #237 on: June 21, 2011, 04:35:38 am »

lols
Thanks honey I'll think about it!  tehe hmm now where did I put that crystal ball and my tarot cards again? easter-think easter-lol
Oh guess I'll have to learn how to surf then, huh? You don't happen to know a nice teacher?  hall-whistle  easter-wink easter-wink
yeah ok I'll check out Windansea and the others.
You really love socal don't ya!  sigh mind you, I don't blame ya! Sounds like a nice place to live.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #238 on: June 21, 2011, 05:16:04 am »

Windansea?  Wouldn't live anywhere else.  Ever.  If I can help it.  I've taken on some hateful jobs just to live here.

However, it's worth it.  Imagine waking up to crashing waves, coffee (never touch it myself) and a patio to eat your oatmeal with fresh blueberries and tea.  Then go to work.

Now that we have the solstice, the sun doesn't go down until 8 or maybe near 9.  December?  Enjoy the palm tree lights.

No, it's not the perfect place, but I'll be darned if I can find anything to discourage you. 

1.  336 days of sunshine
2.  NO bugs (on the coast where I live)
3.  NO snow unless you want it, then there's Big Bear and Mammoth Mtn.
4.  Amazing museums, outdoor activities (a super learn-to-surf-wave) thing in Mission Beach
5.  The best people in the world.  I'm serious about this.  The most laid-back and go-to people ever,
6.  Are ya a fancy lady?  Home Shoppers.  Free.
7.  Hair/Nails/Massages - Unsurpassed anywhere
8.  Employment - higher than average.  The industries are:  bio med, medical (anything in medical), fundraising, tourism.
9.  Exercise - you can't be fat.  And, by fat, I mean over-fat.  It's just not gonna happen for you here.  Too many FREE people who will walk, eat, YMCA, swim, whatever.  You're gonna be healthy here.  I am and and I'm not a healthy person.

I will say this:  When I arrived in SoCal, I was a pretty physical mess.  Well, I was.  Now?  I'm a lean machine.  Well, almost.  No normal person can keep up with these people and the standards by the medical community are high.  So, I suggest before coming to California, get your body in better shape or you're gonna get IT.

I did.

When I arrived in CA I was 15 lbs overweight.  I honestly was.  But, that wasn't their problem.  My cholesterol!!!!!!  My hormones!!!!!!!!!!  My overall body fat!!!!!!!!!

That was 5 years ago.  I hated them at the time.  I really did.  Now?  I'm 22 pounds lighter, I exercise 4 days a week, which is mostly swimming laps, and my cholesteral?  140.   Brutal, but right.

Y'know what they don't know?  I swim every day in the ocean, sideways.  Well, almost every day.  My thighs will testify.  No machine does what the water does, but they don't buy into it.  They're wrong.

Contessa
courtier

« Reply #239 on: June 21, 2011, 05:18:28 am »

it's 2.30 in the arvo and i'm in my pj's Spooky-bat
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: