Royal Gossip
April 19, 2019, 09:48:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William and Kate can earn dukedom in Scotland after marriage  (Read 1829 times)
Fernanda Nunes
Baroness

« on: April 18, 2011, 04:19:40 pm »

http://oglobo.globo.com/mundo/mat/2011/04/18/william-kate-podem-ganhar-ducado-na-escocia-apos-casamento-924264285.asp
Translation:
 William and Kate can earn dukedom in Scotland after marriage

NEW YORK - One day, Prince William and Kate Middleton may be the king and queen of the realms of the Commonwealth - the organization of independent countries that share historical ties with Britain, like Canada, Australia and New Zealand. But later this month, the young couple should have become proprietors of a small part of Scotland. According to the newspaper "Scotland On Sunday ", the Dukedom of Strathearn is on the list who may be granted to William and Kate when they married on the 29th of April.

The title, which refers to a picturesque area of Perthshire and belonged to the father of Queen Victoria, is not in use since 1943, died when the second Duke of Connaught and Strathearn.

Tradition dictates that senior members of the royal family have a Scottish title and an English title, to strengthen the union of the two nations. Besides being the Duke of Cornwall's father, William, Prince Charles is also Duke of Rothesay.

Several other ducats are available for Prince William, but some have been discarded, including Windsor - the former Prince Edward abdicated in 1937 - Albany and Cumberland - they fought for the enemy in World War I - and Clarence, in association with Prince Eddy, eldest brother of George V.

The securities are a gift from the queen. We can not speculate on any possible way - said a spokesman for Buckingham Palace

Motto for the year 2019: "He who overcomes will have these things for his heritage; and I will be his God, and he will be my son." (AP 21:7).
http://www.igrejacristamaranata.org.br/en/home/
Lauracrazygirl
courtier

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 04:24:21 pm »

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please keep them out of scotland!!! They have never even visited scotland how can they understand my country's history and culture. I bet they couldnt care less.
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 04:47:54 pm »

Errr Laura they lived in Scotland for 4 years while at SA they have definitely visited Scotland.

I am not saying they understand the culture and history of Scotland or care but to say they have never visited is incorrect.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 04:55:13 pm »

easter-lol I was just about to post the same mousie, hihi!
Plus don't forget Balmoral, both have been there before!
And the official visit to SA a couple weeks ago, remember the 'lady in red'?
Sorry laura but Scotland is a place they might relate to more than any other!

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 07:39:45 pm »

Wales too!

Lauracrazygirl
courtier

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 08:20:19 pm »

I wish we had a brain fart smilie! LOL!,  tehe  (note to self "think before you type")

I suppose what I meant was although they have studied/lived in scotland they have not done anything to benefit scotland or promote scottish charities. I don't feel they have done anything to deserve a Scottish dukedom. Shouldnt some one who has spent their lives servicing scotland be awarded with a dukedom.
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 08:28:18 pm »

hug we all have those braindead moments  there

I agree with your latest post, Kate has done nothing, William the bare minimum and none of it for Scotland. One cringe worthy and awkward visit does not count.

But unfortunately that is not how Royal Dukedoms work.

Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 05:00:09 am »

The Scots are not too fond of those two people.There were protest when they went to UNi but again the press didn't show it when William was at school  angry notes were written to him saying 'Go home English Prince,your not British you are German go home". dontknow

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 05:03:28 am »

Yeeks; at first they should stay within the orbit of the Court.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: