Royal Gossip
November 24, 2017, 08:13:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buckingham Palace Throne Room will serve as 'chillax zone'  (Read 2288 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« on: April 16, 2011, 04:24:24 am »

Buckingham Palace Throne Room will serve as 'chillax zone' for William and Kate's weary wedding revellers

William and Kate are having a ‘chillax zone’ built in the Throne Room at Buckingham Palace for their wedding party.

The couple want to create a space for guests keen to escape the throbbing noise of the disco – which they have promised will go on until the early hours.

Recently voted one of the English language’s most despised words, ‘chillax’ is a combination of ‘chill’ and ‘relax’ and is commonly used by teenagers. For one night only it will also have royal approval.

The red-and-gold Throne Room is dominated by two gilded ‘chairs of state’ and a proscenium arch supported by a pair of winged figures of ‘victory’ holding garlands above them

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1377444/Royal-Wedding-Buckingham-Palace-Throne-Room-serve-chillax-zone-William-Kates-weary-wedding-revellers.html#ixzz1JeXZWjVM

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
benign
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 04:32:25 am »

It was sometimes used during Queen Victoria’s reign for Court gatherings and as a second dancing room.
Nowadays the Queen tends to use it for special occasions, such as entertaining Heads of State.
According to well-placed sources, the area will be transformed into a room for the couple’s younger guests to enjoy some ‘down time’ with café-style tables, sofas and armchairs hired for the occasion.
The room will also have its own neon-lit bar and DJ. ‘It will be set up like a very cool nightclub with a chilled, ambient vibe,’ said a friend.

- is this a joke? BP has so many room why pick the throne room..if HM doesnt used for socializing so why should PW and Kate do...wheres the respect??? my goodness, this wedding is a circus  sigh
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 04:39:29 am »

I wonder how many ancestors are tormenting HM, screeching at her to tell her to get that Kate creature OUT OUT OUT!

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 09:49:26 am »

So they've reduced Buckingham Palace to a nightclub. It doesn't surprise me. I just feel numb about all this. So Uncler Gary will be able to roll his own to his heart's content and there'll be bouncers on the doors. It's staggering, just staggering.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Spitfire
Countess

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 10:08:07 am »

Morning TB!  I'm getting more and more ashamed of being British when I read about the crass, tacky and downright seedy aspect of this wedding. I expect to hear about these sorts of shenanigans from our countrymen/women in Spain, Cyprus, Turkey, etc, but in Buckingham Palace??  If they want a nightclub, then they should all decamp to Mahiki, Raffles, Tramp or Annabels.   runforhills

The ghost of Frances Winchcombe is finding a new house to haunt.  She has reportedly said: "Carole Middleton scares me to death..."
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 10:26:42 am »

True Brit and Spitfire, I am right with you.

I am ashamed  sigh

True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 11:28:57 am »

But what can any of us do? I have seriously thought of writing to HM but they will probably think I'm one of those obsessives or she just wouldn't get to read it anyway.

There are known drug users attending this wedding - on both sides and the thought that these could be doing substance abuse and copping off behind the thrones just leaves me speechless.

Someone should serve an injunction on them to stop them abusing our historic Buckingham Palace.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2011, 04:37:34 pm »

Find a way to kick the Windsor's out of the BP  easter-think

BP is an historic building and should not be desecrated and used in such ways.

I am from a family that loves history and if my Dad sees this article he will have a heart attack  Shocked

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2011, 07:24:12 pm »

This is horrific! This is a desecration; I can't imagine how the French would react, or the Spanish, if a young royal couple wanted to turn oen of the state rooms into a small mini disco. There would be riots in the street and I for one wonder how on earth, HOW William can do this to his family.

Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2011, 08:21:07 pm »

"chillax"!  Lips Sealed   This has gone too far, imo. I had written a post about a wine, cheese & fruit "hour" that was prior to a sit down wedding reception and I described the environment similarly, but it was a much more elegant and sophisticated aspect of the day, not some desecration of eloquence. These two are acting like teenagers whom refuse to grow up and enter the adult world of responsibility and the mundane. Developmentally, I wonder where they're at because I find it hard to believe they are well adjusted adults!

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2011, 09:22:19 pm »

They are superficial people. Their entire world consists of holidays and clubbing. There isn't one thing, not one thing either of them have been involved in that has any substance. I swear someone at the Palace has a death wish as the whole thing is crass, thoughtless and inexplicable.

Earl Grey
courtier

Last hope for the Windsors: Anne for Queen!

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2011, 09:33:23 pm »

What is next? William having a second stag party in a certain aera of Amsterdam?

Sometimes it takes a little child to say what we have all been thinking
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2011, 10:55:28 pm »

I wonder if Amsterdam is where William truly met Kate. I don't think it'll be a stag party, but likely his friends will try one last ditch intervention. Seeing some photos of HM lately, she looks like she's in shock in her eyes.

These two are acting like teenagers whom refuse to grow up and enter the adult world of responsibility and the mundane. Developmentally, I wonder where they're at because I find it hard to believe they are well adjusted adults!

It's a typical welfare mooch group; like any other low income, trashy group, they colonize wherever they go and turn every nice place into one of their trashtastic areas. For any Americans on here, we know the trait well, do we not? Kate isn't adjusting to Palace life, she's turning wherever she goes into another party zone. This is horrible to anyone who actually cares about the Palace and I understand the concept of abolishment if this is what the RF will be letting happen to these historical palaces.

Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2011, 02:32:05 am »

^^^ I never thought of it quite like that KF, but I think you're right. They are desecrating every area they enter, so as to make it suit their needs and wants. It doesn't seem to matter to them that there is a time and place for everything, rather they have a pattern of making the time and place adapt to their wishes. I bet Kate expects the world to revolve around her. Typical narcissism, but with no real personal accomplishments or financial independence to make the world conform! HA!  laugh

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2011, 04:30:20 am »

It's a horror; I never understood class strictures before, but now I understand them entirely and understand why the aristos didn't want the Midds around and why people should just stick with other people from similar backgrounds, either professional or personal.

I bet Kate expects the world to revolve around her.

Pity William has been so weak as to now give her a chance to start meddling in how the rest of the world operates through her whims. She'll be just as destructive to the world as she has been to William's life and that of the RF. I understand now why it takes generations to accept things as normal and the Midds are the lwoest of the low. How Kate will behave on the world stage is something I am sure will destroy more than enough relations, trade or diplomatic.

Grace and Diana Fan
Baroness

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2011, 08:50:58 am »

Is The Queen suffering from a nervous breakdown or something? What must be going through her head right now? Her thinking has to be off. How can she allow this embarrassment?

huh
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2011, 08:03:44 pm »

BP must have another room to use.  I find this, and I'm not British, highly inappropriate.  The only analogy I can come up with is using the Oval Office as an open bar and dance floor.  At least I can feel absolutely reassured that that would NEVER happen.  Nobody would use the Oval Office for anything other than its significance, not even for a place to relax or put your feet up.  Unless you're the President or He/She says it's ok.  Sorry.  Rambling.  I can't wrap my head around this desecration.  I'm embarrassed for the people of the UK.  I really am.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2011, 10:48:44 pm »

Is The Queen suffering from a nervous breakdown or something? What must be going through her head right now? Her thinking has to be off. How can she allow this embarrassment?

I have no clue. I really cannot believe that the public isn't going up in arms over this and isn't storming Parliament demanding that HM either get the RF in order or the public will. This is a palace that belongs to the nation, not the Windsors for their own personal use. As for the Oval Office, there was actual outrage that Obama didn't wear a jacket and tie while in his office, I cannot fathom what would be done to him if he used it as a dancefloor. I think HM has been in shock since November and hasn't had time to pull herself together yet to take command. There have been cuts, but it's been one preemptory announcement after another.

Fernanda Nunes
Baroness

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2011, 12:49:14 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbUz1YZ9Pdo
Staff talk about Royal Household hospitality and catering in advance of the Royal Wedding.

Motto for the year 2017: "Saying with a loud voice, Have fear of God and give him glory; because the hour of his judging is come; and give worship to him who made heaven and earth and the sea and the fountains of water." (AP 14:7).
http://icmaranata.pt/index.php - Portugal www.igrejacristamaranata.org.br, www.icm.org.br, http://radiomaanaim.com.br/v1/ - Brazil
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: