Royal Gossip
April 23, 2019, 05:31:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Authorities halt anti-royal wedding party  (Read 2627 times)
Nighthawk
Princess

« on: April 11, 2011, 11:07:17 pm »

Authorities halt anti-royal wedding party
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5id-JTGZzejDLHa6csO7ZrK9Bcqww?docId=CNG.a75eb18b88e9d2bd744da1f674e29b55.3e1
A republican group on Monday accused authorities of imposing a "politically motivated ban" on its anti-royal wedding street party.

Campaign group Republic said it was initially given permission to close off a street in London's historic Covent Garden to stage the "Not The Royal Wedding" party on April 29 as Prince William and Kate Middleton tie the knot.

But the local council has now decided against allowing the road closure, meaning the party will not be able to go ahead.

Republic's campaign manager Graham Smith blasted what he said was an attempt to ban a "peaceful, fun, family event" aimed at providing an alternative to the thousands of parties up and down the country that will celebrate the wedding.

"This is a disgraceful attack on the rights of republicans to make their voice heard and to hold a fun and peaceful event," he said.

"We can only assume this is a politically motivated ban and we will challenge it all the way."

He added: "We are now taking legal advice to see if we can overturn this decision in the courts."

Royal wedding street party for republicans is banned by council
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/apr/11/royal-wedding-party-republicans-banned
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 11:11:00 pm by Nighthawk » Logged
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 11:21:27 pm »

bignono

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 11:22:42 pm »

This will just create more ill-will.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Leila
Countess

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 11:28:42 pm »

They really want people to openly riot, don't they? screaming
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 11:32:33 pm »

It isn't like Kate is such an asset to the nation that they want to make a good impression and I do not think that Kate is attracting any business people that would be happy to invest if it seemed like she were bringing jobs.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Fernanda Nunes
Baroness

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 11:35:20 pm »

If they can do that marriage without problems and insurance will be very good. At the wedding of Diana did not have much problem, but nowadays with extremist groups. I do not quite believe it, but in the case of the school of Rio de Janeiro I convinced myself that anything is possible. The man who attacked the school Realengo, he grew a beard and started going to temples Eslami. He wrote a letter that began yesterday on the news when he speaks of the attack of September 11, mentions two names that Abdul and Philip was speaking about Islam and their holy book. I only know that the business in Rio de Janeiro was horrible, he entered the school, he chose coldly each children, and gave a shot in the child's head that he chose. A half-hour after police arrived and shot in his leg and he committed suicide with a gunshot to the head. He was so mad that he left a letter on his body saying how he wanted the funeral. So these people a little extremist should be very careful with them, this event is something they may have access through the crowd and nobody knows whether they want the head of the future king of England. If even in Brazil this madness came and I believe that one should have a good care of it. Let the Republicans make their feast, at least they are peaceful and you know the ideal of them, is hard to deal with extremists, it should be the focus of security now, not Republicans, the Republicans let alone what they do.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MmyBQFIxm0
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 11:38:04 pm by Fernanda Nunes » Logged

Motto for the year 2019: "He who overcomes will have these things for his heritage; and I will be his God, and he will be my son." (AP 21:7).
http://www.igrejacristamaranata.org.br/en/home/
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 01:24:31 am »

The Brits have always done stuff like this and it's utterly harmless. So what, a bunch of people get together and hold a party showing they don't kowtow to the Midds and I honestly have to wonder, why on earth do they worry about this?

Varya
Super Moderator

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 04:48:31 am »

sauer bignono Shame on Wugly and Kugly that they are so controlling of not only the Royal Families behavior (stopping Beatrice and Eugenie from going out to clubs and such), but now they have to stop the British People from celebrating or expressing their own opinions. SHAME on them!!! sauer nomorekate

Quotes about Waity/Waste-y Katie:
On Kate's so called career and work ethic; a coworker from Jigsaw when Kate was working said this: "A fellow staff member said: "Kate is a nice enough girl but she was never what you might call committed to the job.She never worked full-time and appeared to take an inordinate amount of time off to go jetting round the world with her boyfriend."
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2011, 04:59:51 am »

Somebody's lost their sense of humor and direction.  They're just asking for negative vibes and getting them.  Very ill-conceived move.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2011, 05:07:55 am »

With all the terrorist groups out there, this should be the lowest on their list of priorities.

Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2011, 09:59:48 pm »

They tried to get those war protesters out but couldn't I hope these people get to have their non Royal party man where's the democracy at.Lazy and William will spend millions of mula on that silly circus now that's a real threat to the whole country!

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2011, 05:22:19 pm »

With all the groups to worry about, this shoudl be last on their list of priorities.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: