Royal Gossip
April 24, 2014, 07:41:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Harry to be made Knight of the Garter  (Read 1538 times)
libbyrose
gossip insider

Harryite #16

« on: April 08, 2011, 05:34:26 pm »

Have a small campaign going to have Prince Harry made a Knight of the Garter. He's the only male Royal that hasnt been awarded it yet, even William was made a Knight in 2008. and we all know Prince Harry deserves it more.  tease so, if you are on twitter we tweet @clarencehouse & @britishmonarchy everyday to let them know or if any of you know how to start a petition that would be lovely.
Dahlia
Baroness

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 06:18:21 pm »

What are the qualifications to get Knight?
If William got it, then I guess low qualifications  lols
But agree Harry deserves it more.
danifaul
Baroness

Sorry for the spelling errors..

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 06:36:08 pm »

^William would be the 1000th knight
Its membership is extremely limited.When a knight dies then there is a vacancy
Who Died?  nervous

'and we all know Prince Harry deserves it more.'
thumbsup  Hi
and the Prince Michael too flower

« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 06:42:30 pm by danifaul » Logged

marybrow:''So,he gave her his mother's engagement ring...
For their first anniversary, what is he going to give her?
The string of pearls Mary, Queen of Scots wore when she was beheaded?''  Shocked

Prince William said:Because I'm not trying to learn from lessons done in the past and I just wanted to give her the best chance to settle in and to see what happens on the other side.
Ella
Countess

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 08:53:25 pm »

There's actually 2 official spaces open, but either way "royal" members don't count towards if the order is full and can be added no matter what.

All other male royals directly connected or descended from to HM have it, except Harry and Edward's son.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_members_of_the_Order_of_the_Garter

I wonder why he doesn't have it yet...Maybe to give William a few more years of having the same number of honors than him? He only has the Garter Star and Jubilee medal, if Harry had it now, he'd have more since he also has his service medal.
Dahlia
Baroness

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 09:12:27 pm »

thankyou Ella!
danifaul
Baroness

Sorry for the spelling errors..

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 09:52:38 pm »

There's actually 2 official spaces open, but either way "royal" members don't count towards if the order is full and can be added no matter what.

All other male royals directly connected or descended from to HM have it, except Harry and Edward's son.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_members_of_the_Order_of_the_Garter

I wonder why he doesn't have it yet...Maybe to give William a few more years of having the same number of honors than him? He only has the Garter Star and Jubilee medal, if Harry had it now, he'd have more since he also has his service medal.
thankyou
http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsandDiary/Pressreleases/2008/ANNOUNCEMENTOFANEWAPPOINTMENTTOTHEORDEROFTHEGARTER.aspx

marybrow:''So,he gave her his mother's engagement ring...
For their first anniversary, what is he going to give her?
The string of pearls Mary, Queen of Scots wore when she was beheaded?''  Shocked

Prince William said:Because I'm not trying to learn from lessons done in the past and I just wanted to give her the best chance to settle in and to see what happens on the other side.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 06:58:41 am »

I wonder if Kater-Tots will demand to be made a Knight, or try to get one for James.

Pippa is as helpless as a baby cobra
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 08:28:26 pm »

She can stop her feet and demand all she likes but becoming a Knight of the Garter is the only thing that the Queen makes a decision on without any input by anyone else.

Mia
Baroness

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 12:20:16 am »

Kate would not be a Knight but a Lady Companion of the order... And as mousie said it's a personal choice of HM, people can demend whatever they want they won't get it unless HM decides to give it...

William was made knight because it was the 1000th knight and HM chose to give it to 2nd in line to the throne and so future king as a special symbolism. Charles was given the order many years before his brothers/sister, so the same can happen with Harry...

Btw, the royal family members (Royal Knights and Ladies of the Garter) are supernumerary members, who do not count towards the limit of 24 companions.

Take a bow Waitie Katie

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: