Royal Gossip
April 23, 2019, 05:32:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Camilla be Queen?  (Read 67148 times)
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2013, 11:16:50 pm »

Can they have a "private' coronation for Camilla's portion where the public doesn't have to be subjected to seeing her become Queen C?

It may end up like Ann Boleyn where people were said to be throwing things and shouting obsenities at her.

I could see that when or if W&W take the throne too.
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2013, 08:34:29 am »

Some (few in numbers)very loud Di fans don't seem to realize this is 2013 the World has moved on and they don't care nothing will be thrown at anyone  bored3.
rosielinks
Countess

« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2013, 08:48:51 am »

There will always be people who dislike Camilla for being the other woman and marrying PC, but the younger generation is more used to divorce, break-ups, step-mothers and half siblings.  Moral fibre in the UK not what is was. There is little shame nowadays for appalling personal behaviour.

Large swathes of the UK are not interested in the BRF - as Jane23 rightly points out. They are too busy trying to scrape a living.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2013, 11:48:38 am »

Who is talking about Diana? Charles is really unpopular as nearly all poll says, we haven't invented that people want to pass Charles over and get William as king. Nowadays Charles has the problem that he is seen as a meddling person in politics which is not appreciated.

I still think they will get things thrown to them because of the coronation, can anyone imagine in this century the typical coronation? All the aristo with the coronets and big jewels? And after a state funeral that will cost a lot of money due to security paying again for this kind of ceremony... I don't see it.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
sandy
Princess

« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2013, 02:13:53 pm »

Charles would want the pomp and expense of the Coronation IMO , he feels himself the center of the Universe IMO and would want to glory in his role as King. Despite his talking about scaling down the monarchy I think he feels that other members of the family should "scale down" but the same should not apply to him.
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2013, 02:21:32 pm »

^ if Charles could revert to the Divine Right of Kings I believe he would... and ^^ Alexandrine I totally agree - particularly if there's a deal to avoid death duty on HM's estate like the one they agreed for the QM.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2013, 02:34:29 pm »

@Alexandrine & sandy

goodpost   thumbsup

I wish some could realize that what happened with Diana is not the only reason that people do not care for Charles.
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2013, 03:52:13 pm »

I think the Coronation will be tuned down Chuck seems very sensible to the times we live in he isn't stupid!!!
sandy
Princess

« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2013, 04:43:48 pm »

It won't be known until it actually happens. Charles has plans for it which I doubt will be on a "small scale." He's waited too long for this and he's going to make it "special." IMO anyway. Charles idea is making things less lavish is keeping his brothers and sister out of things and having fewer perks.  He showed what he wanted on the Jubilee balcony--it will be lavish but for him and his immediate family.
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #89 on: January 25, 2013, 06:21:25 pm »

I think the Coronation will be tuned down Chuck seems very sensible to the times we live in he isn't stupid!!!

I think that would depend on who one is speaking to because sensible is not a word that I would ever associate with Charles.
Spice
Countess

William and Lupo: the real royal love match

« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2013, 12:26:13 am »

@Alexandrine & sandy

goodpost   thumbsup

I wish some could realize that what happened with Diana is not the only reason that people do not care for Charles.

goodpost

Even if he had been a model husband to Diana, I would still criticise Charles for his attitudes and behaviours in every other area of his life.  Especially when it comes to public money, and interference in politics.

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2013, 06:28:56 pm »

I have a strange feeling Charles may die before HM.  sob

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
Spice
Countess

« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2013, 09:17:25 pm »

It wouldn't be the first time the heir apparent has died before the monarch.  His health isn't that great, despite all his naturopathy, homeopathy and foot reflexology.  Or he might be assassinated (which I would find a dreadful thing - I dislike the guy but I wouldn't wish that on anyone).

IF he predeceases the Queen then it solves the dilemma of Camilla's titles.  But she would still have as much power within the family as she has now.  Possibly more.

For all their history with each other, the Queen would be heartbroken to lose a child.  I hope it doesn't happen.  Let's go for a peaceful passing of the Queen in her sleep some time in her 90s, and a short reign from Charles before the public votes for a republic in a referendum.  I can dream ;-)

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2013, 12:39:55 am »

is health isn't that great, despite all his naturopathy, homeopathy and foot reflexology

Maybe that is the source of some of his problems. I believe that messing with your body too much can end up causing more problems than if you left well enough alone.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2013, 02:26:08 am »

It wouldn't be the first time the heir apparent has died before the monarch.  His health isn't that great, despite all his naturopathy, homeopathy and foot reflexology.  Or he might be assassinated (which I would find a dreadful thing - I dislike the guy but I wouldn't wish that on anyone).

IF he predeceases the Queen then it solves the dilemma of Camilla's titles.  But she would still have as much power within the family as she has now.  Possibly more.

For all their history with each other, the Queen would be heartbroken to lose a child.  I hope it doesn't happen.  Let's go for a peaceful passing of the Queen in her sleep some time in her 90s, and a short reign from Charles before the public votes for a republic in a referendum.  I can dream ;-)

Why would Cammie have the same amount or more power if Chucky dies before HM? I'm confused. Thanks!!
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2013, 05:01:01 pm »

I don't agree with that. Camilla is there because Charles wants to. I doubt she has much connection to the Queen or to William. She would still have her own court and lots of money but not real power imo.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Spice
Countess

« Reply #96 on: January 29, 2013, 12:36:08 am »

My logic went something like this:  As a starting point, I believe Camilla has a lot of power in the family, purely because she is Charles' wife.  Her visibility and status has been gradually increasing since 2005.  She rode in the carriage with HM for the Jubilee church service, she seems to have been in control of the Cambridge wedding guest list, she has the largest royal heirloom jewel collection outside of HM etc.

It occurred to me that if Charles dies before HM, Camilla doesn't get an upgrade in titles.  Then I pondered on whether she would still have the same power she has now, and I thought of how the Queen Mother's power levels were maintained after 1952 and in some ways, they increased.  I think Camilla would be just like QEQM, the power behind the throne, manipulating under the guise of seniority, age and experience. 

Dowagers seldom go quietly, think Downton Abbey.  They don't have enough to do, and they are terrified of being sidelined.  There's a reason why HM has smiled more in the last 10 years than she did in all the years before.   Sure, HM loved her mother, but she was also dominated by her, and I don't think she really knew it was happening.

Camilla will be an unorthodox sort of dowager, being only the stepmother, but IMO she is already fulfilling the role to a certain extent.  Charles is the boss, for sure, but he allows her quite a large sphere of control in their household, particularly around the more domestic/social type areas as aristocratic wives traditionally did.  She was filling this role even in the 1980s.

Her carefully massaged PR profile is probably quite different to what goes on behind closed doors when the family are together.   If HM goes before Charles, then Camilla will have total power in the family.  But she's a clever woman, I'm sure she's established a situation where she will not be sidelined if Charles goes before HM.  She will have found a way to keep running things behind the scenes.  William is probably well aware that Camilla "knows where the bodies are buried".

Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #97 on: January 29, 2013, 01:55:25 am »

I think if Charles went before the Queen then Camilla would be sidelined to Raymill. If we heard from her again it would be some charity. Camilla is just like Kate only older and Charles has forced her to work a little more.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #98 on: January 29, 2013, 02:39:00 am »

I believe Camilla would be sidelined as well; for all that she has, she has it because she is married to Charles and is not the mother, only a stepmother by marriage. She is a mistress who made good, nothing more. She might have all the influence and jewels, but so did a lot of mistresses in the past and they often lost it all after their lovers died or grew tired of them. I don't believe that Camilla would get crowned, she will have the influence, but her official legal status is still lower and she will be treated accordingly.

Camilla has only Charles to protect her, no one else. HM probably never supported the marriage and wouldn't have minded if she remained mistress and when William becomes King, she had better watch out because for all we know William might be secretly plotting all sorts of nasty treatment.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Spice
Countess

« Reply #99 on: January 29, 2013, 08:04:52 am »

I think if Charles went before the Queen then Camilla would be sidelined to Raymill. If we heard from her again it would be some charity. Camilla is just like Kate only older and Charles has forced her to work a little more.

Good points.  Food for thought.

I think she is way more intelligent than Kate though.  Both lazy and grasping, but Camilla is craftier.  Kate would be nothing without Carole too.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: