Royal Gossip
April 22, 2019, 11:34:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Camilla be Queen?  (Read 67142 times)
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2011, 09:18:07 pm »

His own father called him "precious and spoiled".

Charles is a weak character, who needs others to lean on ... Fawcett, Soames and Camilla.

He is a first class whinger.

He showed such promise, so sad he turned out the way he did.

Mooster
Duchess

"William, stop worrying...the paps wouldn't dare!"

« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2011, 12:34:04 am »

^ Tatiana, like father like son...that could almost be William you are describing there.

Diana, Zac, Jemima, Ben and Sir James Goldsmith    

mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2011, 01:20:17 am »

There is one difference between them though,

Prince Charles works hard and is a dedicated POW, whatever his personal faults when it comes to work there is little fault.

Prince William on the other hand is a personal and professional mess who is lazy and is terrible representative

Mooster
Duchess

"William, stop worrying...the paps wouldn't dare!"

« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2011, 08:36:58 am »

Agreed Mousie, for all his other faults and the cruel way he treated Diana, Charles is a worker and his compassion and interest in the plight of others seems genuine.  I love his jovial easy manner with people  thumbsup

Diana, Zac, Jemima, Ben and Sir James Goldsmith    

Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2011, 08:27:46 pm »

Someone who illtreats his young bride and mother of his children, should not get a "free pass" because he works hard.

Sorry that does not sit well with me... charity and kindness begin at home. IMO

berlin
Countess

« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2011, 08:51:53 pm »

I have to admit, I do like Charles and don't mind him being King, but I do not want Camilla to be Queen.  Marrying her was his biggest mistake ever, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's ruing the day he did.  There were other mistresses out there who could have fulfilled his needs, while being more discreet and respectful of the monarchy. 
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2011, 12:46:11 am »

I wonder, why do women marry these men and then not want the official side of the life that comes with it? I mean really, Camilla KNEW he is going ot be king one day.

As for Camilla; well, she should have kept her hands off of Charles. I don't know if Diana's problems would have been any different, but Camilla having an affair with Charles definately added a huge factor. Maybe Charles would have taken more steps to get Diana more intense treatment instead of retreating and letting the problem fester. Camilla could have walked away and worked on her own marriage, but she didn't and she will be Queen and should have the full responsibilities that go with it.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2011, 02:23:14 am »

Diana got the bulimia under control after she and Charles led separate live. The therapist blamed the stress of the marriage for the cause of  the bulimia. Oddly Charles didn't seem to have a clue about getting Diana treatment for eating disorders (he knew her sister had an eating disorder and knew about her treatments --which was wth the same person Diana later on consulted). Charles brought in Van Der Post of  all people to "help" Diana. Why they didn't call in the therapist that helped Sarah early on is rather puzzling.

I think Charles made a mistake marrying Camilla. I think it would have been advisable for hm to find someone else and drop Camilla for good. His mistake though was naming her as the other woman and he was more or less stuck wth her.

Charles may work hard but unfortunately  I don't think he worked hard on his first marriage. Ad he didn't have the decency to drop the married mistress.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 02:26:09 am by sandy » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2011, 03:55:53 am »

I think Charles made a mistake marrying Camilla. I think it would have been advisable for hm to find someone else and drop Camilla for good. His mistake though was naming her as the other woman and he was more or less stuck wth her.

The problem with marrying mistresses, is that the man has to work all the time at getting the new wifey accepted than if he had just kept her as a mistress or at all dropped her and married a princess or someone aristocratic. If he hadn't remarried I think things would have been better for everyone and if she didn't like being snubbed at society gatherings, then she should  have stopped being a mistress.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
MOSAIC
Duchess

« Reply #69 on: November 20, 2011, 09:14:14 am »

If I recall those years correctly it was the same sort of press campaign as we've seen with W/K - the DM, Hello and a few others.  They never let up, on morning chat shows et al.  Ingrid Seward, Judy Wade and a few others have a lot to answer for.
Of course Inland Revenue was about to investigate his tax matters regarding her.  So he proposed.  Charles the great romantic NOT.
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #70 on: November 20, 2011, 08:12:23 pm »

Many don't know or have forgotten that Charles suddenly announced his wedding to Camilla, when Inland Revenue were beginning to ask question regarding taxes, the Duchy and Mrs Parker Bowles.

Not really romantic is it ?

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2013, 11:45:29 pm »

'Am I going to be queen? You never know': The Duchess of Cornwall

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2267037/Am-I-going-queen-You-know-The-Duchess-Cornwall-shows-mischievous-chats-primary-school-children-London.html#ixzz2IqTGNbX3

You can always rely on children to ask the questions that even Jeremy Paxman would fear to utter.

The Duchess of Cornwall's bananaskin yesterday came courtesy of a six year old primary school pupil who asked her innocently: 'Are you going to be Queen?'

The textbook answer, as far as Clarence House is concerned, would have been 'No, Princess Consort' - which is what they have always insisted she will be called when Prince Charles accedes to the throne.

Instead Camilla laughed and replied mischievously: 'You never know.'

Her response is likely to add to fuel to the fire of constitutional debate over the Duchess's future role.

The prince's advisors plumped for the title on her somewhat controversial marriage to the Prince of Wales in order to placate public sensibilities.

Academics insist, however, that she will legally be Queen whatever Charles chooses to call her.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2267037/Am-I-going-queen-You-know-The-Duchess-Cornwall-shows-mischievous-chats-primary-school-children-London.html
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 11:50:00 pm by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
RoyalWatcher
Baroness

« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2013, 11:49:14 pm »

Of course, she will be Queen.  What else do you call the wife of the King?

The rest, imo, is smoke and mirrors.  Always has been, always will be.

Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2013, 11:50:44 pm »

Of course she will have the title of Queen but to me she will always be Camilla or "The Old Nag" depending on my mood.   tehe
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2013, 11:53:02 pm »

Yes. I never understood it when much of the press insisted she would not be Queen, when and if Charles becomes King?
Of course she will be Queen, even if she's called Princess.

I think Diana and the Queen Mother will both spin, that day.  sob

[/URL]
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2013, 12:11:08 am »

What about Queen Mary who wouldn't even accept divorce woman at court? Or Queen Alexandra as Camilla descends from one of her husband's mistress?

However, Charles' coronation is going to be such a mess. I cannot imagine that display of opulence in these times and then all the Diana  story will come back to hunt him. Plus coronating (?) Camilla whatever her name will be is going to be huge.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
royalfanPKLS
courtier

« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2013, 12:32:17 am »

She may get the title of Queen but she'll have no real power. She'll be a consort at best and a dowger queen once Charles dies and William takes over. Assuming she's still alive at that time. I wonder if Camilla's genes are prone to a long life just like Charles'? huh

"Sometimes I think I was born backwards. You know, come out my mum the wrong way. I hear words go past me backwards. The people I should love, I *despise*. And the people I *despise*…”
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2013, 01:23:28 am »

I was watching a New Years cable show on some obscure public access channel and they had a lot of psychic predictions. One of the psychic's predicted that Charles would become King as a widower. Camilla will no longer be around when he becomes King, the psychic said.  

blink
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 01:25:10 am by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2013, 04:18:56 am »

I know dead sure that if Camilla is indeed crowned, it'll cost Charles the support of the courtiers. No matter how devoted, the courtiers have put up with enough extra work trying to sell Camilla and serve her and put up with her, but this would be too much. However loyal, the courtiers are not devoted to the people, but the title and I think that if Camilla is crowned, it'll end up making him look worse because he did promise after all that Camilla would not be Queen, but Princess Consort.

David Cameron hints that he would support Duchess of Cornwall as queen
Asked whether he was "up for Queen Camilla", Mr Cameron said it was "too early for decisions" but acknowledged that it was a subject that would be discussed at some point.

He said: "I'm a big Camilla fan."

"I think the country is getting to know her and getting to see that she is a very warm-hearted person with a big sense of humour and a big heart.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/royal-wedding/8149669/David-Cameron-hints-that-he-would-support-Duchess-of-Cornwall-as-queen.html

Cameron just can't do enough for the RF can he? Why not get down and kiss her well ridden arse?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 04:21:09 am by Kuei Fei » Logged

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2013, 04:57:01 am »

Can they have a "private' coronation for Camilla's portion where the public doesn't have to be subjected to seeing her become Queen C?

It may end up like Ann Boleyn where people were said to be throwing things and shouting obsenities at her.

[/URL]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: