Royal Gossip
April 24, 2019, 12:05:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Camilla be Queen?  (Read 67183 times)
berlin
Countess

« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2011, 05:47:30 am »

Another very interesting comment:

anon, GB, like you I too have seen things first hand. If only people knew how the courtiers completely controlled Charles' life back in the 1970s maybe people would have a little more sympathy for him. If they had backed away this situation would never have happened & he would have married another woman. And no, it wasn't Camilla. All I will say about her that she was not like Diana. She knew how it was expected for the wife to keep the stiff upper lip & she agreed to accept that. I often wonder how different it all would have been.

- anon, USA, 10/11/2011 18:23

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2059701/Camilla-insists-DOESNT-want-Queen-memory-Diana-says-intends-Princess-Consort.html#ixzz1dNBUddPF

I wonder who the "other other woman" was?
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2011, 05:59:12 am »

Perhaps Janet Jenkins ?   no I believe his affair happened whilst he was married to Diana.

" I agree with the defenders of Diana. A young girl her age, when she married, married for love and accepted the duty that went with whom she chose to marry. She did not expect to find out on her honeymoon and before that her chosen was in love with and continuing a relationship with another woman. The more popular she became, the more jealous of her he became and in need of the person who made him feel so important so they could both belittle Diana together. He was an insensitive, self absorbed, emotionally abusive "husband" and a distant father, until she died. Their entire circle of friends knew about their relationship and were in social circle, further humiliating Diana. He should thank Diana for the foundation she gave her sons, who manage to accept him after all his failings. William will not allow ANYone to treat his wife in that way. Try it and he's out of there, faster than you can say "abdication".
- TJ, \"San Antonio, TX, 10/11/2011 14:31

http://princessdianabookboutique.wordpress.com/2009/08/10/prince-charles-love-letter-for-sale/

Ah here is more about Janet and Prince Charles and her son Jason...

« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 06:03:06 am by Tatiana » Logged

berlin
Countess

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2011, 06:44:39 am »

Hmmm, I wonder who provides Charles comfort when Camilla hightails it to Raymill House?
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2011, 07:01:48 am »

Janet J said she slept with him for the last time in 1992.. he was still married to Diana then.. and they did the deed at Highgrove, she said.

Charles has had a few GF's  Kanga, Janet, Camilla were but three of them.

Was it Tiggy ? 
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 07:05:06 am by Tatiana » Logged

Lady Artemis
gossip insider

« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2011, 08:05:08 am »

Mooster GENIUS!!  thumbsup

Memo to Camilla ---- I don't want you to be Queen either 

Cool
berlin
Countess

« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2011, 05:51:34 pm »

Janet J said she slept with him for the last time in 1992.. he was still married to Diana then.. and they did the deed at Highgrove, she said.

Charles has had a few GF's  Kanga, Janet, Camilla were but three of them.

Was it Tiggy ? 

I don't think she was around back in the early 80's. 

I've heard that Elizabeth Buchanan, his former PA after Camilla had her fired, was a lover to Charles as well.
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2011, 07:49:40 pm »

Ah, I heard Janet was around the year before he married Diana, and then again in 1992, during the marriage.

Elizabeth Buchanan is definately someone to consider.

Most people believe the Long Love Myth of Charles and Camilla, but he did sleep with quite a few women during all those years when Camilla was his mistress.

berlin
Countess

« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2011, 08:26:13 pm »

Ah, I heard Janet was around the year before he married Diana, and then again in 1992, during the marriage.

I was referring to Tiggy not being around in the early 80s.

I just think Camilla was shrewd enough to be the last one standing.  Just like Kate.  There's no great love story there.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2011, 08:29:23 pm »

Then Camilla should not have bothered marrying Charles in the first place! Honestly, these women knew the life, chose to keep the guy, but for some reason, don't want the work involved!

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2011, 01:33:07 am »

Charles was said to have been turned down by several women notably Amanda Knatchbull and Anna Wallace (who dumped him before he had a chance to propose). He was said to want to marry Davina SHeffield but her ex went to the papers and said that he and Davina lved together so she was out. I think it is telling that Charles didn't think Camilla "good enough" to have hs heirs but apparently "good enough" to sleep with back then. Charles also had other relationships so to me the "great thirty year love story" of C and C is a lot of hot air.

I think Charles thinks the public is gullible and tries to "sell" the mage of Camilla fighting for the "right" not to be Queen. Who does Charles think he's kiddng? If Camilla didn't want it she could have turned down his proposal and not gotten involved wth Charles in the first place.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2011, 03:45:04 am »

I don't know what to make of it anymore. She's (like Kate) been nothing but work for Charles and the courtiers and she certainly had no problems accepting money from Charles' personal bank account to groom herself quite a bit better, if Tina Brown's book is anything to go by.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
berlin
Countess

« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2011, 06:08:06 am »

Charles should have never married her or named her publicly, which caused her to get a divorce from APB.  If he hadn't married her most people would have largely forgiven and forgotten.  Camilla is the face of the unfortunate events of his past.  But I guess there's no chance for divorce.  If he were to divorce her I'm sure we'd be hearing stories of how she manipulated him from the beginning.
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2011, 06:25:32 am »

Charles was said to have been turned down by several women notably Amanda Knatchbull and Anna Wallace (who dumped him before he had a chance to propose). He was said to want to marry Davina SHeffield but her ex went to the papers and said that he and Davina lved together so she was out. I think it is telling that Charles didn't think Camilla "good enough" to have hs heirs but apparently "good enough" to sleep with back then. Charles also had other relationships so to me the "great thirty year love story" of C and C is a lot of hot air.

I think Charles thinks the public is gullible and tries to "sell" the mage of Camilla fighting for the "right" not to be Queen. Who does Charles think he's kiddng? If Camilla didn't want it she could have turned down his proposal and not gotten involved wth Charles in the first place.

Those of us who were around back then know the real story .. but younger people have been fed this drivel, and a lot of them believe he had only eyes for Camz.

meememe
Duchess

« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2011, 07:24:05 am »

I was around back then and still see this as the real love story - one stopped from being fulfilled in the early 70s - so he went looking for someone else who could mean as much to him as she did and failed - finally he is with the woman he should have married in the early 70s.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2011, 02:58:28 pm »

If he hadn't married her most people would have largely forgiven and forgotten.

I think Charles mistook tolerance for acceptance; they could tolerate her as mistress since she wasn't really a major factor when it came to him coming to the throne legally and it's not like kings haven't had long term mistresses. The difference now is that with this marriage it has created all sorts of silliness, the main factor being that she is "Duchess of Cornwall," and will be "Princess Consort," instead of Queen Consort, which is just a bit of finagling with the phrases, not a legal fact. The problem now that they are married is that they have to work on her image and work on her reputation and work on so many other things that should not have to be worked on.

berlin
Countess

« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2011, 06:56:52 pm »

I was around back then and still see this as the real love story - one stopped from being fulfilled in the early 70s - so he went looking for someone else who could mean as much to him as she did and failed - finally he is with the woman he should have married in the early 70s.

No he didn't.  He looked for the one that Camilla thought was acceptable-a mouse who would tolerate Camilla's position as mistress. 
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2011, 08:13:18 pm »

Berlin,
                    eloquently stated!

Thank You

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2011, 09:46:08 pm »

Times like this I understand and appreciate the ten commandments all the more. Mainly "Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery." If he hadn't been porking Camilla, he would at this point be married and probably have a lot more kids and then possibly a solid marriage.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2011, 02:41:33 am »

Charles apparently saw Camilla as miistress material. He didn't seem to put up much of a fight for her when she was single and treated her lke a mistress sequestering her away for weekends at his great uncle's home--and his great uncle approvng of Camilla as "mistress material"  I don't see this as a great love story--Charles had other women including Kanga Tryon and Janet Jenkins. Camilla was and is a great manipulator and Charles got married to a woman she approved of for him, someone who would not interfere with Charles having Camilla in his lfe. Charles did not have to look for "another" Camilla since Camilla made sure she was always in Charles' life one way or another and enjoyed the perks of beiing a royal mistress.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2011, 05:51:41 am »

What a mess, what a total mess his life is in.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: