Royal Gossip
May 29, 2017, 10:35:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Romanovs  (Read 59132 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #160 on: December 30, 2016, 01:05:08 am »

^^ I had read that somewhere .. Wasn't it rumored his mother was plotting to assassinate Nicholas II in an attempt to place her son on throne?  I heard there was a lot of bad blood between Grand Duchess Maria Pavlovna & the Empress...

Actually, the plan was to dethrone Nicholas, imprison Alexandra, and then someone would rule as Regent until Alexei was ready to rule.

Of course, the Vladimir certainly had plans of their own. Alexandra objected to the idea of Grand Duke Boris (son of Maria Pavlovna) marrying Olga. Thing is, it's just as well that the daughters perished, I cannot imagine how much pressure they would be under to marry to continue the direct line. Imagine losing your parents and then being surrounded by those eager to marry you just so they can seize headship of the Imperial House through you. Too much really.

That line of Grand Dukes and Duchesses is tainted by the virulent ambition that runs in their veins.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #161 on: January 01, 2017, 01:32:27 pm »

Ninety year old Prince Dimitri Romanov dies in Denmark. He'd been to Russia earlier this year to receive an award.

https://polskanorge.com/2017/01/01/oldest-relative-of-last-russian-emperor-prince-dimitri-romanov-dies-in-denmark/
FrederickLouis
courtier

« Reply #162 on: January 19, 2017, 02:43:34 am »

How did Tsarevich Alexis and his relatives get hemophilia?   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47obWXdTF-k
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #163 on: January 19, 2017, 06:27:17 pm »

Through Queen Victoria.
FrederickLouis
courtier

« Reply #164 on: January 20, 2017, 09:26:30 pm »

When Tsarevich Nicholas asked his parents for permission to marry Princess Alix of Hesse, Empress Marie Feodorovna opposed Nicholas' wishes. Marie Feodorovna feared Alix would diminish her influence with Nicholas.
FrederickLouis
courtier

« Reply #165 on: Today at 12:43:42 am »

Grand Duchess Olga did escape Russia. And she wrote numerous letters about safety.   
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4545266/Russian-duchess-letters-fear-Romanovs-safety.html
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #166 on: Today at 01:36:58 am »

You know, one thing that stuck out to me is how during the revolution, so many servants of the Romanovs suffered with the nobles and royals instead of turning colors and joining the revolution. One Russian servant endured horrendous torture to avoid giving away the location of the treasure held by one noble and yet, in the end gave in. Yet like I said, the servant had to be coerced into it, instead of just giving in willingly. Then there was Botkin and the others who preferred to die with the Imperial family instead of being turncoats and joining the revolutionaires. They could have saved their own lives, but chose to die.

The Board of the Russian Nobility Association in America announces with great regret the death of its President, Dr. Cyril Erastovich Geacintov.

Cyril Erastovich Geacintov was born in 1930 into a Russian noble family with clerical roots in the early 17th century.  Dr. Geacintov’s family entered the Russian Imperial civil service, and were ultimately granted hereditary nobility. Members of his family graduated from the Imperial military schools and served as officers in the Caucasus, Crimea, and many other places.
http://russiannobility.org/en/in-memoriam/

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: