Royal Gossip
August 17, 2017, 04:32:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Romanovs  (Read 62265 times)
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #140 on: June 26, 2015, 10:25:45 am »

if you ask Maria- it's her birth right to rule the great mother russia. the romanovs should not be brought back to power. besides the living relatives are relatives of the tragically killed heirs. they have not been involved in ruling the county. they have been one of those relatives that just expects things to get handled to them on a silver platter by you. jmho.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #141 on: June 26, 2015, 12:28:08 pm »

I do think that the other Romanovs just don't want to impose themselves on Russia; they just chill out and basically live life unobtrusively.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
D.I.R.
Baroness

« Reply #142 on: September 26, 2015, 12:02:48 am »

Prince Alexander Romanov
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_EV5vDy1Ws
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOr5wOpyHbY
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #143 on: October 02, 2015, 11:17:42 pm »

nice to see you DIR!

Russia reopens criminal case on 1918 Romanov royal family murders

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/23/russia-tests-romanov-royal-family-remains

can't they let them rest in peace?

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #144 on: October 06, 2015, 02:54:05 pm »

not exactly, I think they were / or should be / given the status of saints due to the way they died - defenseless. if there is any chance that a mistake was made with the identity of the bodies - it needs to be sorted before the church makes a mistake. 
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #145 on: October 06, 2015, 11:24:06 pm »

At that time lot of people died defenseless and many because of the Romanovs.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HC
Countess

« Reply #146 on: October 12, 2015, 04:07:00 pm »

The Romanovs had a cruel and merciless rule.

It was karma getting back on the family.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #147 on: October 15, 2015, 05:39:20 am »

Yes, but I still don't think the children should have been murdered.  thumbsdown
HC
Countess

« Reply #148 on: October 15, 2015, 06:11:35 pm »

I agree.
Non of them really.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #149 on: July 13, 2016, 03:34:51 pm »

Like Louis XVI, Nicholas had abdicated and was technically a private citizen; that is what makes his death and the death of his family so pointless, a complete and utter waste. Like Louis XVI, he was relieved to have abdicated all power and even when power transferred to Grand Duke Michael, Michael signed an act of abdication granting a constitution.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #150 on: July 18, 2016, 11:58:49 pm »

Yesterday, the 17th, was the anniversary of the murder of the Romanovs.   I always think it is the 18th. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1036404/Massacre-Russian-royals-Horrific-hours-dynasty.html

FrederickLouis
courtier

« Reply #151 on: December 24, 2016, 08:50:33 pm »

The Romanovs visited Cowes   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNzy2oxHTb4
FrederickLouis
courtier

« Reply #152 on: December 26, 2016, 10:53:08 pm »

Nicholas II's coronation   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7z46-514rc
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #153 on: December 29, 2016, 01:10:20 am »

I find it intriguing, that despite the prominence of the family, the Romanovs are a VERY low-key family. Never covered often in the mainstream press, never a regular fixture in the tabloids, and certainly not known to mix in the jet set, at least not the jet set that the Windsors get mixed up with.

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #154 on: December 29, 2016, 02:19:54 am »

^ The fact that the remnants of the three surviving branches of the Romanov family aren't better known is, IMO, because nobody is particularly interested in displaced royals. The dead Imperial family is another matter. Those that remain, living in Europe and elsewhere, are among a gaggle of descendants of people who once occupied thrones or were their relatives. Among them the Romanian, Albabian, Greek royals etc. (At least Constantine of Greece and Michael of Romania were once Kings.)

I suppose the best known Romanov today is Maria Vladimerovna and her son Georgi, and even they would be unrecognised by the vast majority of ordinary Russians. There have been feuds in the Romanov family about the rights to a long-gone throne and none of them would be able to succeed anyway under the old House rules as all of them had forebears who contracted unequal marriages.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #155 on: December 29, 2016, 02:50:38 am »

Thing is, that the rest of the nobles left prefer to recognize Prince Rostislav as the Head of the House and literally *despise* Maria and her pork son. Despite the loss of their throne, unofficially they have a lot of influence and weight, just not in a more open sense.

HennyPenny
gossip insider

« Reply #156 on: December 29, 2016, 04:48:25 am »

^^
^

I agree with you both Rosella & KF.. The general public isn't curious about the Romanovs other the main branch,  they were killed so long ago.. If they do come across a story about Maria & her son, the first thing they will notice is their appearance.. I *despise* to seem shallow, but in this day and age of the internet,physical appearance is a main factor a deciding factor in some instances .  They may still  be important in the former ruling  circles but on to the general public  , they're just two unattractive  people wishing for the old days that ended before they were born  ..   
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #157 on: December 29, 2016, 05:17:27 am »

The Vladimir branch has always been eager to take over. Even BEFORE it was confirmed that the Imperial Family had been exterminated, Cyril (then Grand Duke Cyril) claimed headship, even though the Dowager Empress was still alive and recognized as head of the family.

HennyPenny
gossip insider

« Reply #158 on: December 29, 2016, 05:24:09 am »

^^ I had read that somewhere .. Wasn't it rumored his mother was plotting to assassinate Nicholas II in an attempt to place her son on throne?  I heard there was a lot of bad blood between Grand Duchess Maria Pavlovna & the Empress...
FrederickLouis
courtier

« Reply #159 on: December 30, 2016, 12:58:11 am »

Celebrating 300 years of the Romanov dynasty   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88PPOaFdzdk
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: