Royal Gossip
December 17, 2017, 11:44:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate will give up her job but won't be a working princess right away  (Read 5429 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

« on: November 19, 2010, 04:16:22 pm »

Will a royal baby be top of her list? Kate will give up her job but won't be a working princess right away

Kate, who turns 29 in January, is to give up her job as a website designer and photographer at the family business Party Pieces despite previous plans to continue after the wedding.

But she won’t be taking up full-time royal duties instead. Her only official duties - including opening ceremonies and attending charity events - will be on the arm of her RAF pilot husband in the immediate future, St James’s Palace confirmed. Kate will not get her own office and will instead share staff with William.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1331070/Kate-Middleton-job-wont-working-princess-right-away.html#ixzz15kHgXZVY

Why am I not surprised with this? Why am I not surprised?

Not surprising. If she isn't sure if she can handle duties on her own, WHY IS SHE MARRYING HIM!!!! At some point she will have to do ehr own duties and engagements and she can't just put these things off.

Kate Middleton will not forge a role as a working princess immediately after she marries, fuelling speculation that she and Prince William plan to start a family straight away.

Go figure, she isn't interested in working, but lolling about. Making a family is no excuse, each princess has always worked right away and had babies later on, after establishing themselves.

William, 28, added: ‘I think we’ll take it one step at a time. We’ll sort of get over the marriage first and then maybe look at the kids.

This is certainly a different idea.

Second, does the royal family not look at the Crown Princesses of Europe and see how accomplished they are? Mary of Denmark = lawyer, Letizia of Spain = Anchorwoman and journalist, Maxima of the Netherlands = International banker....Catherine of England = huhhuh

Liz

Catherine of England = Going to the gym, attending Issa fashion shows, partying in rollerskates, hanging out at Boujis and going on numerous vacations with her prince.

That's all that me and other Australians know

Well, I am sure the comments will get worse and worse as time goes by. She should start working, mainly since she's had more than enough leisure time as it is.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
DrWonderWoman
courtier

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 06:50:28 pm »

This really is not surprising to me. It seems like she is following in the footsteps of Camilla and using her as an example of what she expects. 
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 06:59:43 pm »

Disaster in the making. This will be worse since she won't work, but will jet set around aplenty while muching bonbons, wearing her tiara and gowns, dancing like a horse and putting on airs of propriety. She is so stupid to think that she needs to be eased into anything. Duties can be made fun if you actually take a healthy attitude; she wasn't forced into this and I am more than sure that she fails to realize that the public is ready to start crucifying her. She wouldn't be saying these things if she were aware.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
kahena
courtier

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 08:26:09 pm »

Why am I not surprised either ? Frenchies got it right in 1789, trust me... That's unbelievable : it's only 4 days after the announcement and they're already finding new excuses for her laziness !  screaming

William has just thrown his two fingers at our faces, his country and people. The problem is : the people never forget, fingers will be thrown back. Period. William you're a c.... Sorry mods, if you want to edit my post that's allright, but that coward doesn't deserve my respect anymore !

"For money has been the ruin of many and has misled the minds of Kings". (Ecclesiacticus 8, Verse 2)

"The LORD God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this, Cursed are you more than all cattle, And more than every beast of the field; On your belly you will go, And dust you will eat All the days of your life; And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her seed; He shall bruise you on the head, And you shall bruise him on the heel."
(Genesis 3:15 )
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 08:33:50 pm »

Comments from the other forum:

Kate has something to prove whether her and her fans want to admit it or not. She is seen as lazy and her doing nothing as a Royal will just make matters worse. Her fans can pretend it is only a few on forums that think she is allergic to work but the fact that it was addressed in the engagement interview shows that her workshy image is common knowledge. She has to show quickly post marriage that she will work, we are paying for her now so she better not expect a free ride

If the two are seen going on vacations and not doing work, the press would quickily turn from adoration to complaining and criticism. The public would ask why should we pony up money for royals upkeep when the heir to their heir and his wife try to "live normally." If they want to "live normally" the republicans may question then why if they don't pull their weight should they support this family with tax money. I hope the courtiers are savvy enough to study thesituton and advise Kate and WIlliam on the realities of their status  regarding being senior royals. WHile it's admirable to have young royals people can "relate to" royals still have responsibilties to work for  a living if they are supported by the public. And the public apparently do have to pay for some of the cost of this wedding. If it is said that William is "protective" of her fine, but it can't be perceived that she's "helpless" and can't do things on her own. She needs to stand on her own two feet. She and Wills are grown up now and should take responsibility. A husband and wife should support each other and the woman can't be seen as someone who needs to be "rescued" by her husband. That went out centuries ago. Kate could be perceived as being "too sheltered" and "helpless." As long as she isn't expected to do 200 engagements or somethng like that, it is reasonable that she is perceived as working even if it is somethng gradual,not playing housewiffe and never being seen or rarely seen.

Kate can't be a "full time Mommy. She's not Kate Smith of Liverpool who stays home and he comes home from work and says honey I'm home. She will probably choose help and nannies. If she wants to be "ordinary" and sit home with the kids with no help, the public will wonder why they have to pony up tax money for a housewife (who is a future Queen) who just sits at home  changing nappies and watching the telly. That IMO won't happen. She of course will have time with the children. But even Diana had to use nannies and was expected to do royal appearances. I think it unrealistic to believe the Queen and courtiers would just let a new Princess sit home and have babies and watch the kids. Royals don't do that, particularly future Queens who need to earn their keep.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 09:25:21 pm »

Wow even on the other forum?!
It seems as if her image of workshy is bigger then we thought hehe!

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 09:43:44 pm »

Yup. I don't think Kate really understands that she has no room for error at this point. At their marriages, the other princesses had established careers and had that respect at the very least of all of it. The problem is that her faux pas will end up being magnified because of her lack of established work ethic and the FACT that she isn't unaware of expected dress codes. She has bragged about moving in royal circles, she should know the drill. After marriage, an 'oh my God' won't go down well. She has to work, she has had all this leisure time. If say for instance, a phlebotomist wanted to, after the marriage, to take some time off and concentrate on family life, people would applaud it and more than understand. But Kate has no safety net.

She is facing a huge test and she isn't so young that putting off duties would be understandable. She's past an age where most have already established themselves and at an age where women are getting married, but her circumstances are so 'off' and her motives are so obvious. She is going to be the least accomplished Consort among all the others and the only one with a dinky resume, coming last even after Mette-Marit.

Deep down, I think she'll end up like the other Consorts, just there, nothing exceptional, fashion problems and the occasional faux pas. The coverage will be mainly centered in the tabloids, not the establishment papers since Kate isn't someone with important contacts really. She'll jet set around during her free time and have the kids, leave them with nannies except for the occasional overseas trip, then her and William might have problems, but they will be centered on something trivial like her fashion/behavior or his flirting or preoccupation with duties. The Court will treat her well, but at the best be icy and resigned to having her at the Court.

Just worse off in terms of everything. No one though how Diana was going to survive, but she did fine in the end for her age and problems; now, go figure, Kate is a decade older and even worse off, even if she does have a degree.

mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2010, 10:20:11 pm »

Comments from the other forum:

Kate has something to prove whether her and her fans want to admit it or not. She is seen as lazy and her doing nothing as a Royal will just make matters worse. Her fans can pretend it is only a few on forums that think she is allergic to work but the fact that it was addressed in the engagement interview shows that her workshy image is common knowledge. She has to show quickly post marriage that she will work, we are paying for her now so she better not expect a free ride

If the two are seen going on vacations and not doing work, the press would quickily turn from adoration to complaining and criticism. The public would ask why should we pony up money for royals upkeep when the heir to their heir and his wife try to "live normally." If they want to "live normally" the republicans may question then why if they don't pull their weight should they support this family with tax money. I hope the courtiers are savvy enough to study thesituton and advise Kate and WIlliam on the realities of their status  regarding being senior royals. WHile it's admirable to have young royals people can "relate to" royals still have responsibilties to work for  a living if they are supported by the public. And the public apparently do have to pay for some of the cost of this wedding. If it is said that William is "protective" of her fine, but it can't be perceived that she's "helpless" and can't do things on her own. She needs to stand on her own two feet. She and Wills are grown up now and should take responsibility. A husband and wife should support each other and the woman can't be seen as someone who needs to be "rescued" by her husband. That went out centuries ago. Kate could be perceived as being "too sheltered" and "helpless." As long as she isn't expected to do 200 engagements or somethng like that, it is reasonable that she is perceived as working even if it is somethng gradual,not playing housewiffe and never being seen or rarely seen.

Kate can't be a "full time Mommy. She's not Kate Smith of Liverpool who stays home and he comes home from work and says honey I'm home. She will probably choose help and nannies. If she wants to be "ordinary" and sit home with the kids with no help, the public will wonder why they have to pony up tax money for a housewife (who is a future Queen) who just sits at home  changing nappies and watching the telly. That IMO won't happen. She of course will have time with the children. But even Diana had to use nannies and was expected to do royal appearances. I think it unrealistic to believe the Queen and courtiers would just let a new Princess sit home and have babies and watch the kids. Royals don't do that, particularly future Queens who need to earn their keep.

Thanks I am quite proud of that post I made over there if I may say so myself

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 11:05:12 pm »

laugh laugh laugh
You go spooky! you tell them sweety!  Spooky-bat easter-lol

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kezza
Baroness

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2010, 11:24:07 pm »

She might have Diana's ring and have William propose to her on his first loves family property, but is she isnt careful she will quickly be compared to Sarah soon enough.

Had a look at the DM survey.

Asked about Kate making a good Queen.

45% said yes.
9% said no.
46% said dont know/dont care.

Thats a high number who havent made up their mind on her yet, but if she isnt careful the dont knows may go into no's in a survey on her.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 11:31:45 pm by Kezza » Logged

You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, which doesn't say much for you.

spookyboo
courtier

Long live HRH King Henry IX

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2010, 01:59:37 am »

@Akasha, not my post MK's but thanks anyway  easter-lol

Loyal Harry-ite#8
Princess Alucard
Countess

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2010, 03:14:42 am »

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/53519307.html  runforhills

Nov. 16, 2010.... Hell froze over *plays in the snow*

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2010, 02:03:45 pm »

It will take more than just great looks to be a princess

But there’s more to being a successful member of a modern Royal Family than that. In the 21st century we need a princess we can admire regardless of her royal title, not just because of it. Thus far, I feel that Kate has not showed us her true mettle.

She had a first-class education, yet seemed to have little ambition to ­succeed on her own two feet beyond a part-time job with a fashion company and helping out with her family’s mail order business.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1331483/Kate-Middleton-It-just-great-looks-princess.html#ixzz15pbKNvoC

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Scarlet Flowers
courtier

Just when you thought they weren't any sillier...

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2010, 05:51:10 pm »

Isn't it up to SJP though?

"They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept but one; they promised to take our land, and they took it."--Anonymous Indian

From the highly reccommended book Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee.
Wombat
Baroness

Harry's got a big gun..

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2010, 12:30:05 am »

So Amanda Platell thinks Kate's lack of work since leaving uni is down to Williams advisors? These are the same people who are guiding her now. Phew..thought it may have been just Kate being lazy and having an over-inflated sense of self. Thank god thats been cleared up thankyou

Kate Middleton "a diabolical creature. A plastic bag blowing through the streets has more personality"
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2010, 01:46:13 am »

^ 'sarcastic snort'
Of course it has nothing what so ever to do with her no! X-Mas_rolleyes
She's an example of duty an hard work after all!  angel
If only the court would let her prove herself!  bored3
Please! who is she kidding!

The Alley Cat...
courtier

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2010, 03:05:22 am »

Sophie had a career before she married Edward, Diana was a nanny, Fergie bounced around from a PR firm, an art gallery, then she went to work for a publishing company.  It's Kate who has no real work ethic.  Even William was said to have suggested to Kate to get a job and a career. She had the chance to prove herself as competent and independent long before the engagement.  Now she won't be able to hide behind the palace walls.  They're going to feed her to the sharks and it's her fault if she doesn't do well.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2010, 01:41:26 pm »

Kate does now want to become as famous as Diana was, so has reportedly decided not to attend events on her own. Instead she will always go with William.

Kate has apparently even been watching footage of Diana and reading about her, to learn more about public life. She has also been discussing the way her life will change with those close to her, with William’s uncle Price Edward’s wife Sophie, Countess of Wessex set to help her settle in.

http://www.musicrooms.net/showbiz/20411-prince-william-and-kate-look-to-queen-for-relationship-advice.html

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
benign
Duchess

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2010, 06:36:03 pm »

^its really creepy about the Diana part...but then again PW started the whole thing with the engagement ring so i guess all is well...
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2010, 09:01:17 pm »

Kate has apparently even been watching footage of Diana and reading about her, to learn more about public life. She has also been discussing the way her life will change with those close to her, with William’s uncle Price Edward’s wife Sophie, Countess of Wessex set to help her settle in.

Shouldn't she be reading books, practicing with courtiers, and learning protocol, not watching movies? Diana did behind the scenes practice and watching footage isn't enough to teach someone anything about the actualities of royal life. Diana is only one person in the thousand year history of the RF.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: