Royal Gossip
September 21, 2017, 01:19:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How Do You All Make The Royal Banners?  (Read 5905 times)
Grace and Diana Fan
Baroness

« on: April 02, 2011, 06:53:06 pm »

What website would I go to, or is there a special piece of software one must use? Thanks!  lips
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 07:13:53 pm »

As far as I know most ppl here use Adobe Photoshop program.
But I guess you could use MS Publisher as well..
I don't know how to make banners my self, but my dad always used publisher to make the posters and flyers for our local music school when they had concerts or a party, so.
I don't have much experience with either program but imo Photoshop looks more professional but also more complicated to use whereas Publisher is  more user-friendly but limited in options I guess  royalguard
( please correct me if I'm wrong here ladies)

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
The Chocolate Princess
Administrator

A chocolate a day keeps the doctor away!

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 10:10:37 pm »

How to make avatars and banners:

maximum allowance of size
Banner - 900 pixels wide, 200 pixels high   (Less than 100KB filesize)
Avatar - 200 pixels by 180 pixels              (Less than 60KB filesize)

quick guide to make banners:
1. select the pictures you want to use
2. put them together using a picture editing software (ie. Photoshop) -then save it for web with the lowest filesize possible
3. upload it on a free image hosting homepage (photobucket/ ImageShack/ TinyPic/ etc.)
4. copy+paste the link in your profile

picture editing softwares

I'm using Photoshop.
Photoshop comes in at numero uno as the best image editing software currently in the market. But it is expensive TCP baking cookies therefore I assume somebody who spends 1000 Euros for a program doesn't need me to tell you how to use it tehe

freeware:
GIMP – which stands for the GNU Image Manipulation Program – is a feature-packed and powerful open source image editor that can be used in all major operating systems (Linux, Mac, and Windows). It has a customizable interface so that you can easily set the view and behavior of GIMP.

It has a huge set of retouching tools that will allow you to perform advanced image retouching and manipulation. The GIMP outputs your work in many common formats like JPG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, and even PSD (Photoshop’s native file format).

Here is a link to video tutorials you may wish to take a look at if you’re interested in learning about the GIMP:
25 GIMP Video Tutorials to Help Get You Started

If you have Microsoft Office there is a programe called Microsoft Office Picture Manager -for me it is the quickest and easiest way
I usually make the signatures in Microsoft Powerpoint (you can add all sorts of speech bubbles too), then save the page as jpeg. Then crop + resize it with MS Picture Manager
Using Microsoft PowerPoint:
# Start with a new PowerPoint.
# Delete all text boxes etc before starting. Make sure the slide is blank.
# If you want a colored background, you can use auto shapes to add in a rectangle or whatever shape you want.
# To use a photo or picture as your background, find a photo and save it. Then go to Insert>Picture>From File and click on the picture you want.
# You can resize your background/picture.
# Add text using text boxes and pictures and whatever else you want.
# Go to Edit>Select All. Important: make sure your banner is exactly the way you want it and there is nothing else on the slide.
# Right click on your banner and click Save Picture As.
# Save your picture!

Photobucket is crappy, because it compresses the pictures in such a high file size that it isn't worth resizing at all.  I've tried it again after 2 years -I wanted to make this signature 3% smaller... after I saved (and replaced the original) it suddenly had 100% MORE file size than before PB is good if you want to add stickers.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 10:13:54 pm by The Chocolate Princess » Logged

The Chocolate Princess
Administrator

A chocolate a day keeps the doctor away!

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 10:11:37 pm »

Adding a Banner to Forum Signatures
1 Make an account on Photobucket or something similar.
2 Once you have made your account, you can upload your banner/avatar onto Photobucket.
3 Once on Photobucket, you can also edit the size and other things.
4 Photobucket gives you the write codes to add your banner to your forum signature, website, or anything else

(the signature field works like the post reply, with the same BBC forum codes regarding colour and font size or images. if you want images to appear not only as link, but as picture you have to use this symbol in your post reply above the smilies:
This is how I create my signature text: I click "post reply" to a random topic. Then I write the text and insert the pictures I want to have in my signature field and click: Preview. I can see now how my siggy will look like thumbsup Once I have the right one I like, I will copy+paste it in the appropriate signature field in my profile => Forum Profile Information)

usually a small avatar has 64px × 64px  and a big one 140 x 140px

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/

Step 1
      Open Adobe Photoshop. Go to "File" and select "New."
      Step 2
      Name your new file, and in the "Preset" drop-down menu, select "Custom." Set the width to 450 pixels and the height to 100 pixels. Click "OK."
      Step 3
      Design your banner avatar. Use images of your favorite actors, cartoon characters or shows. Be sure to layer text and other designs on top of the images.
      Step 4
      Once you are satisfied with your design, go to "File" and select "Save for the Web." This will ensure that the color encoding of your banner avatar will be suitable for use on the web.
      Step 5
      Check that your optimized image is exactly as you want. Click "Save" to save the design on your computer.
      Step 6
      Upload your banner avatar to your online account to use as your profile picture or forum signature.

I had no idea about all this pictures, avatars, banners, etc. when I joined a forum, but now I'm like a Pro Spooky-bat You just have to test it and play a bit with the different programms until you have found one you like.  thumbsup

Have fun creating signatures and avatars BFF2

Grace
Countess

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 05:43:57 pm »

Omg,I am lost,when I upload a banner,and have to send code here for someone who wants to use it,I can not,because in photobucket
i copy last code,and paste,and the image appears,but code has gone,so how can I tell people the code ?

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 05:58:03 pm »

In photo bucket with every image you save you have four type of code you can use
Direct link, email & IM, HTML code and IMG code
The IMG code is use to show the pic and the direct link is used to create the blue link that ppl use in their profile setting.
Like this
<=IMG code of the pic
http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i462/akasha2411/avatars/JorRF/e0233275.jpg <=direct link of the pic

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Grace
Countess

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 10:22:39 pm »

yes,darling but the problems comes when i select the last code
and instead of appearing the code when i post it,the code disappears and appears image,so how can i tell people here the code they need ,to post my banners....help pls! huh

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: