Royal Gossip
July 20, 2017, 07:27:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The publics response to this wedding  (Read 61153 times)
June
Duchess

« Reply #500 on: May 21, 2011, 09:06:16 pm »

Ceri and serene: that's eerie, as I was only just thinking about the lack of stories regarding the Queen enjoying cosy, intimate moments with Ma and Pa Midds.  easter-lol

I think that the last-minute luncheon was to remind them that she (HM) was only going to do what was required of her, nothing more and that she didn't approve of the marriage in the least, though she would discharge her public obligation. There was a real chill in the air at that wedding.  TCP baking cookies

Ceri: when this marriage ends, IMO it will be UGLY - far more ugly than the infamous "War of the Waleses".  nervous

serenegrace: Kate's fake little girl voice struck me immediately. I think that appreciably it is her lack of confidence from never having worked. At her age, it must be a very scary thought to have to interact with people who understand what W-O-R-K means.  hall-whistle Of course, part of it is manipulation, IMO.
scarlett
Baroness

« Reply #501 on: May 21, 2011, 09:11:06 pm »

That is one of the issues that bother me immensely, Ceridwen, this desiring need the press has of forcing Kate upon the public as a new (and even better) Diana. What has she even done, but marry Diana's son, to deserve that kind of comparison? It's annoying to say the least.

Serene Grace, I agree with you as well. She didn't behave like a typical bride would imo. She seemed so dispassionate and in complete performance mode that day, putting on like a nervous bride. Even the kiss, like you said, and her reaction afterward seemed insincere, like she'd gone as far as to methodically perform her way through her own wedding ceremony based upon what she'd seen before. It just seemed so artificial from start to finish to me.
June
Duchess

« Reply #502 on: May 21, 2011, 09:27:27 pm »

^ I don't even think it was just Kate - it was the whole shebang. It was cold and uninteresting, unmoving and very bland. Not one person seemed to really care, everyone seemed to just go through the motions and it seemed that the younger ones couldn't wait to party on.  blink
rogue
Duchess

« Reply #503 on: May 21, 2011, 10:05:31 pm »

The entire wedding was very aloof. At the balcony  William wanted to kiss  Kate-Horror-Queen for the second time and she seemed more busy waving just like her mother (Carole needs her own smiley).I hated when she did the looking over her shoulder thing at the end...she has been watching too many hollywoodmovies.When it comes to the public response...i doubt they were all kate's fans and are worshipping her , people wanted to be part of a massive  media event and probably wanted to tell that they were apart of it.
Ceridwen
Baroness

« Reply #504 on: May 22, 2011, 12:14:42 am »

IMO Kate was relishing her day in the sun, after all, she's waited long 8 years.    kate-catwalk  She knew it was her day to shine (as all brides do)  Kate-Horror-Queen but I think for Kate, it was the golden opportunity to let the naysayers (that's us  lols) that she won after all the Waity Katie stories.  Furthermore, it was a day to adverstise and let the world know to not despair because there are still 2 Middleton siblings available.  Hence, Pipster in her tight brides-maids dress showing her tight-pilates-made-derrier!   X-Mas_rolleyes X-Mas_rolleyes X-Mas_rolleyes

mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #505 on: May 22, 2011, 12:20:07 am »

Kate won?

Not really it has only just begun. It is not over yet.

Ceridwen
Baroness

« Reply #506 on: May 22, 2011, 12:32:23 am »

I know it's not over but what I meant by winning is that Kate won the man, the Prince despite doubts that Pr. William will never marry her.  Most of us (@ least me, anyway) was sure that Pr. William would never make an honest woman out of her.  I thought he was going to drag their relationship until a lady will come along, worthy to wear Queen Mary's tiara.  

Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #507 on: May 22, 2011, 01:00:28 am »

I know it's not over but what I meant by winning is that Kate won the man, the Prince despite doubts that Pr. William will never marry her.

Yes, she did win that part. I didn't think that William would propose to Kate and actually marry her, go through the wedding. I never thought it would actually happen. the public seemed happy (those that went) just ot be part of an actual royal event, not because William was marrying someone he loved, but because he was getting married and it was an excuse for a party.

She might have loved him, but after a while it because she wanted to prove people wrong, not becuase she was in love. She wanted to thumb her nose in the faces of the world and William wanted to thumb his nose in the faces of the aristos and who knows who else.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
June
Duchess

« Reply #508 on: May 22, 2011, 07:31:16 am »

I know it's not over but what I meant by winning is that Kate won the man, the Prince despite doubts that Pr. William will never marry her.  Most of us (@ least me, anyway) was sure that Pr. William would never make an honest woman out of her.  I thought he was going to drag their relationship until a lady will come along, worthy to wear Queen Mary's tiara.  

That's true, Ceri, and the only time I thought he had proposed was at that wedding. I called it because they looked 'conspiratorial'. But like Mousie said, Kate will have to pay the piper ... we just have to sit tight and wait for the spoils to come our way!  loveshower
Kingdom Hearts
Countess

« Reply #509 on: May 23, 2011, 09:13:10 am »

I think she is goining to be like camilla-villa and run & hide.Kinda like Cat and mouse,only be seen when she want's to. bored3 other then shopping and having a blissful time on vacation.I don't see her trying to change the world,I think william will do ALL the hard work and she will just sitt back a bask in the sun >=/

"The dawrf Breathes so Loud we could have shot him in the Dark" -Haldir
June
Duchess

« Reply #510 on: May 23, 2011, 10:45:14 am »

^ I don't think you should think so highly of William. He is just as lazy as Kate. The only difference between them is that William has NO CHOICE but to work from time to time. He gets away with as little as possible at all other times.

If William actually had a work ethic - any at all - he would never have been in the company of an utterly useless, lazy, self-absorbed woman like Kate Middleton in the first place. Yes, I know, he may have fallen in love with her, and all of that ... but that is my point: a man of substance would NEVER have been in such a woman's orbit, much less fall in love with her. More fool William.  thumbsdown
Lieblich
Baroness

« Reply #511 on: May 23, 2011, 03:12:20 pm »

^

I don't think highly of William, but I still feel for him.  We saw hints of a good man during his gap year and in other things, and since Waity it's all be downhill.  I am harder on her because I know what it's like to be attached to people who suck the life out of you and makes you worse than you are.  It's ultimately your responsibility to detach yourself from them, but it can be very hard.  I still think there is goodness and substance in him, but Waity sucks the energy away.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #512 on: May 23, 2011, 03:43:14 pm »

^ agreed. That's one of the reasons I can't stand Waity. She's simply no good for Wills. She's been a negative influence on him. I *despise* when the press makes out like she has his best interest at heart. She only has her own interest at heart. He's been mostly a mess since he's hooked up wit the Midds. Yes, he's had moments where he shined (such as sleeping rough in the street for one night an embracing the girl who overcomes being homeless with the help of Centre Point), but these moments are over shadowed with his endless holidays with the Midds or just being around Waity. Waity only fits into his hedonistic part of him, not the charitable, princely side of him. oooh

Keep Calm and Carry On
Ceridwen
Baroness

« Reply #513 on: May 25, 2011, 12:59:31 am »

^ I don't think you should think so highly of William. He is just as lazy as Kate. The only difference between them is that William has NO CHOICE but to work from time to time. He gets away with as little as possible at all other times.

If William actually had a work ethic - any at all - he would never have been in the company of an utterly useless, lazy, self-absorbed woman like Kate Middleton in the first place. Yes, I know, he may have fallen in love with her, and all of that ... but that is my point: a man of substance would NEVER have been in such a woman's orbit, much less fall in love with her. More fool William.  thumbsdown

Good point (as always June).   thumbsup  It takes one to know one, IMO.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #514 on: June 18, 2011, 01:26:51 am »

One thing I do notice, is that instead of there being a huge groundswell of fandom, it's like things are back to business as usual, no matter how the British media tries to swing things. Kate has basically had her moment in the sun and it's not like she's accomplishing anything or doing any engagements and when she does go on tour or do engagements, she's not really doing anything extraordinary.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #515 on: June 28, 2011, 05:27:05 pm »

It's been what almost 2 months since the wedding doesn't  it feel like ages ago.

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #516 on: June 28, 2011, 05:38:00 pm »

Yes, it does.  Feels more like years ago in a galaxy far, far away.  It's still surreal, to me.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
rogue
Duchess

« Reply #517 on: June 28, 2011, 09:59:31 pm »

The build up was too long and too big , i actually was left with a bitter feeling and started to look more differently towards the monarchy ..
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #518 on: June 28, 2011, 10:00:10 pm »

It's been what almost 2 months since the wedding doesn't  it feel like ages ago.

It's like an anti-climax. "She got the ring, yay, lets now move on and hope she doesn't humiliate the country" seems to be the general attitude. Now that Kate is part of the RF, she is actually now starting with a public expecting something in return for their investment.

mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #519 on: June 28, 2011, 11:02:06 pm »

Good analogy.

I want my moneys worth  sauer

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: