Royal Gossip
September 23, 2017, 03:43:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The publics response to this wedding  (Read 62988 times)
Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2011, 03:59:22 pm »

easter-lol And I thought we were dialed in to the minutae detail!  lols

Don't count me in with that bunch of royal enthusiasts!  oooh

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2011, 04:17:40 pm »

I enjoyed the comments some made about TRF.  legs

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2011, 05:48:57 pm »

^^

Me too. I can't believe that Jezebel used TRF posts.  bignono

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2011, 10:54:52 pm »

Daily Mail used them for 'sources' and made entire articles from our posts and pictures we put on  pc-problem

Such as James' facebook pics  bignono

I think I was included in some of those  hide

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2011, 11:58:11 pm »

Tsk tsk  Mousie, shame on you!  bignono  easter-lol  there
This is why you should be careful with what you put on the net and where you upload it!
Before you know it someone uses it for unethical reasons like writing a positive article about Kate!
 X-Mas_rolleyes Oh the irony of it al: we turn out to be the ghost writers for the gutter press and once it's printed we even comment our own writings and say that they should check there fact's! laugh laugh

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2011, 12:35:22 am »

hide I said may.  easter-lol

My name was never mentioned like others were but we saw comments being published in articles for a while. Trust me I am careful and sometimes I may post pictures in the hope they re published  hall-whistle certain Kate pics come to mind  Cool

Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2011, 09:34:33 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_royals/20110204/wl_yblog_royals/royal-wedding-fever-why-americans-might-feel-it-more-than-brits

Nicky envisages a street party, complete with Morris Men and bunting. New York is a city full of subcultures, and in the British expatriate world, royal wedding fever is taking hold.

I think there's some obvious misconceptions in this article, as it is clearly the BRITISH IN AMERICA that have royal wedding fever. And it's not even the majority of the British at that. ...

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Spitfire
Countess

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2011, 09:38:26 pm »

Why waste time watching the Royal Wedding when they could have a game of cricket?  Get your priorities right, chaps!

The ghost of Frances Winchcombe is finding a new house to haunt.  She has reportedly said: "Carole Middleton scares me to death..."
Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2011, 11:16:35 pm »

Deceptive hyped title.

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
Lanvin Pearls
Countess

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2011, 12:33:55 am »

HA !! I just saw this same Yahoo story and my eyes widened !! I was going to start a NEW TOPIC (until I saw it here already) and title it simply "LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!"   laugh  :eyes:   thumbsdown
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2011, 06:24:17 am »

America has it's own interests and issues, we don't have time for KM. Diana was different and she was in the right place at the right time. Right now no one is going to drop everything for KM and her royal triumph.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Grace and Diana Fan
Baroness

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2011, 01:32:44 pm »

There's NO fever over here in America whatsoever! The American magazines with her ugly mug on them didn't even sell. Please stop with the lies. The press lives in a fantasy world.

easter-lol
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2011, 08:12:47 pm »

To get AMerica interested, the story has to be one worth reading. A near ten year campaign isn't going to work, we have more than enough campaigns here in the US. She has no interest in work, the heart and soul of the US and she's too much of a fake and disdainful of those who do.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2011, 05:22:25 pm »

No-one wants to celebrate the Royal Wedding in Leicester. This worries me from a different perspective than the obvious in that it has one of the biggest Asian populations in the UK. Could it be our country is changing so quickly that the monarchy is becoming irrelevant for a very different reason.

http://findarticles.com/p/news-articles/leicester-mercury/mi_8142/is_20110204/indifference-royal-wedding/ai_n56805138/

and the entire county of Shropshire is showing zero interest too.

http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2011/02/01/royal-wedding-shropshire-not-street-partying-like-its-1981-2/
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 05:31:35 pm by True Brit » Logged

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2011, 05:25:53 pm »

It's not race, it's indifference and cost. If they didn't have to buy a permit, I am sure there would be plenty of festivities.

True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2011, 05:36:36 pm »

They don't have to pay charges now - right across the UK the charges have been scrapped for the wedding. Many councils are offering free courses on holding a street party. However there may be a late upsurge, who knows.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2011, 05:54:36 pm »

Who knwos. Maybe facing bankruptcy and homelessness isn't too inspiring and then of course, a lot of people are bone tired and just want to get some extra rest. Kate isn't at the top of everyone's priority.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2011, 05:55:47 pm »

What exactly is there for anyone to cheer about?  They've seen this couple together for almost a decade, plus KM/PW have done nothing to endear them to anybody.  

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Lauracrazygirl
courtier

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2011, 06:13:30 pm »

Like a said before on another disscussion,

My work is not giving me the day off or any "Bank hoilday" pay.

In fact every member of my family will be working/at university on the 29th april. Maybe the main reason there won't be any street parties is because every one will be working.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2011, 06:19:24 pm »

I wonder how many people will really be in the streets, who aren't homeless.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: