Royal Gossip
August 17, 2017, 12:29:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The publics response to this wedding  (Read 61347 times)
The Alley Cat...
courtier

« on: November 19, 2010, 02:41:50 pm »

Why should American's care:
Why is there so much hype over William and Kate Middleton's engagement? Why should anyone outside of England care? Me, for example?
—Fabiana, New York, via the inbox

I strongly suspect you were not alive—or perhaps a prenatal cellular mass—in the year 1981. That's the year that Will's mum, milady Princess Diana, trekked down the aisle in her half-dome taffeta prison to wed future king Prince Charles.

It was something to see, really—there was a Barbie carriage with horses and lanterns on the side and everything.

Read more: E!News Answer B****

And some comments:
Its funny how history repeats itself... Prince William will be bald in five years, go for it William..Women *despise* bald guys... As far as Kate Middleton goes...Wew...That girl has got the polarization of a grisly bear... Being a professional photographer, I'd *despise* to be on the opposite side of an argument with this gal..Her facial expressions are certainty on the side of, "Run like Sheet", William...Oh, I know this is totally innocent, but really, really, get ready for a BIG surprise your Highness!!!

I could care less about this fairy tale nonsense. In this century, this is ridiculous, and that poor little country needs to help its own people instead of these so called "royals" put on a show of wealth.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 03:40:59 pm by mousiekins » Logged
spookyboo
courtier

Long live HRH King Henry IX

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 08:10:06 pm »

OMG, I didn't read the article yet but what you posted... especially the first comment... I for one don't *despise* bald guys... but the comments they had for Kate,  lols

Loyal Harry-ite#8
karla64
Baroness

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 07:33:39 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ac/20101222/en_ac/7422130_readers_thoughts_on_william_and_kate_living_together

[
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 07:40:32 pm »

Here's a choice link: http://www.showbizspy.com/article/206824/prince-william-shacks-up-with-longtime-lover-kate-middleton.html

I don’t like the girl. She shows nothing of “Royalty”, if someone is suppose to enter inton such a titlt, I believe it should be a youg lady that can respect herself before Marriage according to ancient traditions in respect to the Queen and her family. Seems like sh’e given the royal oats away already.Gime a break. William open your eyes your Mother Princess Di would want the best for you!
She was an Icon , this girl isn’t even an Icon for Playboy or even trashy sports magazines.
I just don’t see this girl with any type of royalty, I’m sorry! Charles at least found a beautiful woman in Diana, there will never be another one like her!
Good luck William , but I still say find some one better much better,who will fit the part and shoes!

I think that it is terrible that William and Kate live together before marriage. They used to call that white trash. It has become “royal trash”. What happened to duty? His grandmother proclaimed in an address at only 21 that she was committed to her country. Prince William obviously does not profess the same call. He is more like his father and great uncle King Edward. Like father, like son. What a disgrace. I wonder what Diana would think.

How utterly disgusting.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Princess Alucard
Countess

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 07:53:10 pm »

it's just getting better and better  eating cookies

Nov. 16, 2010.... Hell froze over *plays in the snow*

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 07:57:53 pm »

My post comes from an older thread, but even then they were telling him to DROP HER, but he didn't. Other couples may cohabit, but it's dangerous for any prominent man and dangerous for William. The issue I have is that he isn't exercising the slightest slef disicpline and Kate had no business living in Clarence House since she isn't and never has been (or will be) a royal princess. She should not have been enjoying the benefits of living in a Palace and the security and the staff to wait on her whims.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Princess Alucard
Countess

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 08:02:35 pm »

If harry lived with chelsey or whoever's his future wifewill be,  would they get upset about it too?  hide 

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 08:03:32 pm »

More than a little I'm sure and justifably. Why should any woman, no matter how hardworking, enjoy a rent free apartment in the Palace and not even be royal?

Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 08:17:30 pm »

My reasoning for the two refraining from cohabitation is not because I would expect his fiancee to be virginal. It is more about dignity, self respect, and independence! Whether Kate lives with her parents or William, she's not established herself in her own right! She's accomplished nothing on her own! She's still a child, imo. Very emotionally immature from what I see! Given the two lived together in college, it would be merely a facade if they were not cohabitating now! I can see why William feels he needs to look after her! It's too bad she wasn't taught to look after herself!

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 08:20:27 pm »

I can only surmise that it's a clever way for Kate to prevent William from having other women over.

Earth Angel
Countess

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2010, 06:17:42 pm »

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/8748654.Sussex_residents_plan_street_parties_for_royal_wedding/

Block parties are already being planned and residents are urged to apply for permission early, to close the streets. ...

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Fernanda Nunes
Baroness

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2010, 06:25:40 pm »

At least this shows that she is being accepted...

Motto for the year 2017: "Saying with a loud voice, Have fear of God and give him glory; because the hour of his judging is come; and give worship to him who made heaven and earth and the sea and the fountains of water." (AP 14:7).
http://icmaranata.pt/index.php - Portugal www.igrejacristamaranata.org.br, www.icm.org.br, http://radiomaanaim.com.br/v1/ - Brazil
Mia
Baroness

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2010, 08:58:56 pm »

The fact that people will do a party on that day doesn't mean they accept her. Just a good reason to have a day off work and party with family and neighbours...

Take a bow Waitie Katie

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2010, 08:59:48 pm »

Yeah. A lot of people are planning to party for the sake of a party.

Earth Angel
Countess

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2010, 09:01:25 pm »

There's a big mansion being built in Sussex and rumor has it may be for William & Kate, although the actual owners have not been disclosed. Perhaps these party planners are thinking William & Kate will be moving into their neighborhood?!

mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2010, 09:48:27 pm »

Most people's reactions on hearing the engagement was.... do we get a day of work?. When the answer was yes then it was  celebration

Although I had a day off anyway because it is the school half term. Thanks William could you have chosen another day so I could have an extra day off work  easter-lol

Now it is lets party  :reindeerdance: not because people are happy about Kate but because we have an excuse to party.

Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2010, 12:06:19 am »

The press will spin it like the people are happy for the couple. wopedo Even if it's a day off go do something better than to watch a social climber get her way.  wopedo

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
MOSAIC
Duchess

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2010, 11:26:39 am »

IMO it most certainly isn't acceptance, and even if it was that, it would be very shortlived.  As has been said it is an excuse to party, and a neighbourhood get-together.  It would take a great deal more to win her any acceptance, like  being seen to work and to go out and meet people.  She's afraid of both. IMO.
Princess Alucard
Countess

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2010, 04:22:09 pm »

Oy sounds more like a sports event like the world cup or superbowl block party. More like "YAH SUSSEX WINS!!!"

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2011, 07:47:53 am »

http://jezebel.com/5746123/88-days-to-go-obsessive-royal-enthusiasts-in-a-pre+wedding-tizzy

I humbly forgive my fellow New Yorkers for their, well, enthusiasm.

Y.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 11:45:53 pm by akasha2411 » Logged

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: