Royal Gossip
December 16, 2017, 10:37:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 36   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diana's Death and Memories ~ 20th Anniversary  (Read 66030 times)
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #600 on: August 12, 2017, 11:16:56 pm »

Gagged! Book revealing 'explosive truth' about Diana and Dodi by Mohamed Al Fayed's right-hand man is pulled after tycoon's legal threats

Book promised new revelations about Princess Diana and Dodi Fayed's deaths
    It was written by Michael Cole, who works for Dodi's father Mohamed Al Faye
    But Mr Al Fayed intervened so 'Diana and Dodi: The Truth' will not be published
    It means the book's potentially scandalous contents may never be revealed 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4785272/Book-revealing-explosive-truth-Diana-Dodi-axed.html
sandy
Princess

« Reply #601 on: August 13, 2017, 01:27:46 am »

Dodi's story is well known now. I don't think there would have been anything new. Just pictures from Studio 54 or something like that
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #602 on: August 13, 2017, 06:01:35 pm »

'Security at Diana's hotel was a shambles': Former spy blasts Paris Ritz for ‘major lapses’ on the night of the Princess' death

Princess Diana and Dodi Fayed died in a car crash in Paris on August 31, 1997
    The 36-year-old mother of two was staying in the Ritz in Paris when she died
    Former Army officer Alan McGregor, 68,  believes the crash was not accidental

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4786288/Former-spy-blasts-security-night-Diana-s-death.html
--
^ Yes, what can be more sid about Dodi? His name in history has only been cemented next to Diana because they died together, she knew him all of 5 minutes.
And the priest or what he is saying Di planned to marry Dodi because "she asked if it's okay for an Anglican [her] to marry a Muslim", yes compelling evidence when we conveniently forget that she was with Khan for ages and at that point was still pining for Khan and was with him the night before she left for France. I have learnt some new things from the articles and all that these past few months, but much of it is just people who knew her for 10 seconds looking for their bit of Diana-fame and relying pure speculation. Annoying.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #603 on: August 16, 2017, 04:41:47 pm »

'I felt she was walking along beside us': Prince William recalls sensing Diana's presence at her funeral - and how following her coffin with Harry was the 'hardest thing' he's ever done

Prince, 35, opens up in BBC documentary to mark 20th anniversary of death
    Harry recalls people's hands being wet from wiping away their tears
    Diana, 7 Days features those in 'eye of storm' in days following her death
    Former Prime Minister Tony Blair will also feature in documentary 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4796236/Prince-William-felt-Diana-funeral.html
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #604 on: August 16, 2017, 04:47:37 pm »

^He needs to shut up with this shyte.  Enough!

I haven't played since I stopped
sandy
Princess

« Reply #605 on: August 16, 2017, 05:15:08 pm »

Well today is the 40th anniversary of Elvis' death and every year fans and his family pay tribute. I think this will happen on key anniversaries of Diana's death too.It's all Elvis films on today on the classic movie station.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #606 on: August 16, 2017, 05:32:53 pm »

I think the difference is that Lisa-Marie did not use her father's untimely death to excuse any self-destructiveness.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #607 on: August 16, 2017, 08:37:58 pm »

I think on some level Charles liked women fighting over him. 

More like all levels.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #608 on: August 17, 2017, 08:42:50 am »

^^ Exactly.

HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #609 on: August 17, 2017, 08:27:34 pm »

'The flowers were chosen by the princes': William and Harry's poignant final tribute to their mother Diana at her funeral revealed

Diana: The Day Britain Cried will air on ITV later this month
    Will give minute-by-miute account of Diana's funeral on 6th September 1997
    Former Royal Protection Officer Lisa Webb organised floral tributes from princes
    Prince Philip persuaded grandsons to walk in funeral procession 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4799444/William-Harry-s-poignant-final-tribute-Diana.html
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #610 on: August 17, 2017, 10:33:33 pm »

Queen and senior royals REFUSED to applaud after Earl Spencer delivered his vitriolic eulogy at Diana's funeral (but William and Harry did clap)

Revelation made in new ITV documentary Diana: The Day Britain Cried
    One of Queen's senior aides opens up about thinly veiled attack on royals
    Earl Spencer seemed to have 'a little bit of a go' at the royal family
    As applause from outside rippled through, senior royals did not join in

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4800774/Senior-royals-didn-t-clap-Earl-Spencer-Diana-funeral.html

-> New articles, all in-tie as seems with another documentary, "Diana: The Day Britain Cried" on ITV in late August.
More on the dm, but those add no new tidbit (one's about Phil saying he'll walk if Will walks, ie some of those stories everyone and their dog knows/ remembers; some of these are new "revelations", like this one and the one above, at least to me).

Very sorry about posting doubly in such a short time  sorry Mods, please merge!
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #611 on: August 18, 2017, 03:53:15 am »

There was a short discussion on Cepe Smith's Twitter about the new doco on the week following Diana's death which will be on British TV soon. On the subject of the eulogy by Earl Spencer, Robert Jobson who's a Royal correspondent, stated that Charles clapped afterwards, and he saw him.

https://mobile.twitter.com/theroyaleditor/status/898311565740474368
sandy
Princess

« Reply #612 on: August 18, 2017, 12:24:33 pm »

Charles was said to be afraid "they would blame him." I doubt he was sincere if he clapped. He was the one who wanted Diana's HRH removed according to various sources. It seems hypocritical if he clapped.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #613 on: August 18, 2017, 12:59:24 pm »

Diana's dress of the century: Mystery of the back-up wedding gown that vanished, how her waist shrank five inches in six months and a secret message in her shoes

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4801020/Diana-dress-century.html
dianab
Countess

« Reply #614 on: August 18, 2017, 02:30:38 pm »

Charles was said to be afraid "they would blame him." I doubt he was sincere if he clapped. He was the one who wanted Diana's HRH removed according to various sources. It seems hypocritical if he clapped.
Diana asked to HRH to be removed and later she was advised to keep it, but then the queen wouldnt change.... i've read it was philip who wanted diana's hrh removed, indeed he was told have threatened take her title away few times during the war of waleses
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 02:33:30 pm by dianab » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #615 on: August 18, 2017, 04:34:01 pm »

At the time the New York Times had an article that the Queen wanted Diana to keep the HRH but Charles over ruled her and wanted the HRH removed. Diana did not say publicly she wanted the HRH removed. She leaked some of the divorce settlement possibilities including removal of the HRH. DIana recalled William comforting her and he would restore the HRH when he became King. Philip did not like Diana so I think he too would have wanted it removed.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #616 on: August 19, 2017, 09:48:41 pm »

'I met this guy...but I have to call him Your Highness': Diana shared every detail of her blossoming love for Charles with her friends, family and flatmates. Now, they reveal the intoxicating excitement of those days

The third special tribute to Princess Diana can be read in full in the latest Saturday edition of The Daily Mail
    Diana's flatmate, Virginia Pitman vividly recalls Diana expressing the moment she first met Charles
    Marking the 20th anniversary of her death, the Daily Mail's Weekend magazine still has one more unmissable tribute to come

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4793014/I-met-guy-call-Highness.html
--
The day the world wept: Think you've read all there is to know abut Diana? TV producer JONATHAN MAYO spent months researching her death - and his profoundly moving minute-by-minute series will hold you spellbound

Producer Jonathan Mayo collected minute-by-minute account of Diana's death
    This moving series reconstructs that week through the eyes of all involved
    Told from the point of view of royals, politicians, Diana‚Äôs family and the public

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4804170/Minute-minute-series-week-Diana-died.html
--
Princess Diana's 'rock' Paul Burrell admits he aided her bulimia - and says he slept in her wardrobe with her clothes after she died

Former Royal butler Paul Burrell to admit he aided Diana's bulimia
    He will also reveal how he slept with the Princess's clothes in her wardrobe
    He has previously been criticised by William and Harry for a tell-all book

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4804754/Paul-Burrell-admits-aided-Princess-Diana-s-builimia.html
Byechoc
Countess

Nothing happens by accident. everything was a ....

« Reply #617 on: August 19, 2017, 10:33:12 pm »

At the time the New York Times had an article that the Queen wanted Diana to keep the HRH but Charles overruled her and wanted the HRH removed. Diana did not say publicly she wanted the HRH removed. She leaked some of the divorce settlement possibilities including removal of the HRH. Diana recalled William comforting her and he would restore the HRH when he became King. Philip did not like Diana so I think he too would have wanted it removed.
Charles never ever will over rule the Queen not now not at that time...

Do you know what I think it's sad?
The monarchy will not survive for long... may not resist Charles and if it's able to will just be there until one of Diana's sons gets the throne... but William is useless, so the monarchy will go down...
And like it or not, Charles could be king at the moment if he remained married with Diana! They would be a team that will project the UK abroad!!!
I don't believe that all the fascination over Diana would fall, no it will be the opposite... The problem was that she was a child when she married and they were both spoiled!!!
Then Lord Moutbethen told Charles something that will make his marriage collapse, that he could have one and have a lot of women and hang around with all of them...

In life nothing happens by accident. we must remember that there are no good that lasts forever. And evil that never ends. God works in mysterious ways. So I just have to accept what happens because we do not know what we gain by things go this way. Not always what initially seems an award is the. This happens when we fall in love, when we found out a new job when a friend disappears or when someone leaves for ever.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #618 on: August 20, 2017, 12:36:24 am »

Mountbatten wanted Charles to marry his granddaughter, Amanda. In that way Mountbatten would be the great  grandfather of a future King or Queen. He told Charles to sow as many wild oats as possible before he married a woman of no experience and marry her before she could meet anybody else. I suppose the implication was that Charles be faithful to the wife, though Mountbatten did not specify. If Mountbatten had human feelings he probably would have been angered at Charles cheating on his granddaughter Amanda. He did not consider Camilla or Kanga, the married mistresses Suitable for marriage. Charles also was involved with many others. I still blame Charles the most for his own poor choices. He did not have to listen to Mountbatten.

I think in some ways Charles has over ruled the Queen. In Philip's absence due to sickness, he was said to have kept his siblings and his nieces and nephews away from the balcony (during the Queen's Jubilee year) and only allowed his own immediate family to appear with his mother. I think he prevailed upon his mother to remove the HRH from Diana. Charles can be quite ruthless.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 12:40:01 am by sandy » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #619 on: August 20, 2017, 03:38:48 am »

Thing is, that Mountbatten came from a generation where the mistress NEVER became the wife of a royal prince. If a woman chose to be "The Other Woman," she would forfeit any chance at being a consort and frankly Camilla's status as member of the gentry prohibited her from being a royal consort of any kind of man who would be king. Mountbatten came from an era and class where it was unfathomable that someone of the gentry could make it to the wife of a prince. He didn't see it since it was beyond his comprehension. Remember, Mountbatten was a man of his times and in his view ,Camilla's virtue was simply not there and she was 'lesser' because of her lack of rank.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 36   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: