Royal Gossip
November 23, 2017, 10:57:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 36   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diana's Death and Memories ~ 20th Anniversary  (Read 64759 times)
india
Princess

« Reply #460 on: July 09, 2017, 02:28:54 pm »

They are definitely rebelling against their father and the RF. William The Blockhead has been doing it for years and now Harry has swung into action.
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #461 on: July 09, 2017, 11:33:04 pm »

I think glorifying her is too much though. She's not the first person to suffer like she did and she was near the end off the rails; I think deifying her like her sons have has led to no good. I am certain that she died too young, but Jackie O. was a lot less self destructive.

I know people who knew Diana, she was not nearly off the rails at the end.  She was in an impossible situation and was fighting to keep the Crown from taking possession of her sons.   Her sons want her to be remembered for who she was, and that is not a saint, but a human being who did a lot of good in her short life.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #462 on: July 10, 2017, 02:21:42 am »

Diana was working on carving a future role for herself that last year.The way some talk she was spending the whole last year dating Dodi. That was just a fraction of the time. She called attention to landmines, she sold her gowns for charity, and even got an award for her charity work.  From what I have seen Charles and Camilla doing, they are not the least bit sorry and are out and out trying to get people to believe she was "mad" and Junor's fiction about Diana's destroying Charles' art supplies, comes straight out of the pages of Jane Eyre and descriptions of mad Bertha Rochester. I think Junor is really the one off her rocker the way she rhapsodizes over Charles and Camilla.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #463 on: July 10, 2017, 03:00:08 am »

Clarence House should stop trying to justify that kind of adultery; Camilla is never going to live down destroying a dynastic marriage that moved the monarchy forward and she'll never be anything than an ex-mistress turned wife after destroying the life of the wife. Nothing can make it okay and good.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
india
Princess

« Reply #464 on: July 10, 2017, 11:52:17 am »

All of this really should stop. Everything everyone is doing is just making it all worse.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #465 on: July 10, 2017, 02:28:24 pm »

Clarence House should stop trying to justify that kind of adultery; Camilla is never going to live down destroying a dynastic marriage that moved the monarchy forward and she'll never be anything than an ex-mistress turned wife after destroying the life of the wife. Nothing can make it okay and good.

Charles just can't let it go. Junor enjoys the sycophancy and being in the company of Charles and Camilla at parties and so forth. Such a joy. So she writes the poison pen books. Camilla should have kept her mouth shut and not cooperated with Junor. It only made people more aware of what they did and their ridiculous PR.
india
Princess

« Reply #466 on: July 10, 2017, 07:51:51 pm »

C and C are really beyond stupid regarding all of this.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #467 on: July 10, 2017, 08:04:17 pm »

Maybe  thry did it but in real place. I also doubt she is buried there. A former member had a theory that she was buried with her fathet which makes more sense.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #468 on: July 10, 2017, 08:48:44 pm »

^ Yes, even apparently by local people's account there seemed to have been a coffin added in the dead of night, apparently it was quite noticeable (the bricks or whatever had to be redone and the redone thing was right around the funeral and coffin sized and obvious).

^^ Quite mindboggling really how blind they are  blink
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #469 on: July 10, 2017, 09:02:58 pm »

^ and ^^ Oh yeah, I remember that and also that there was some concern that if they did bury her on the island, the water table would make for problems so it's unlikely she's there.  I think the island is just symbolic so she's not "disturbed".

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
india
Princess

« Reply #470 on: July 10, 2017, 09:07:38 pm »

^that was a smart move on their part. There are a lot of weirdos out there who would do god only knows what.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #471 on: July 10, 2017, 10:01:08 pm »

^^ & ^ Indeed. It also makes for a nice memorial and keeps the masses away from clogging up the church.
Very smart of the Spencers indeed.
To me further proof for this (pretty much plausible and believable) theory is that the island was in such a state. If she were truly on the island, they wouldn't (and couldn't!) have allowed it to become so overgrown and uncared for.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #472 on: July 12, 2017, 07:57:19 pm »

"Confirmed: Diana, Our Mother: Her Life and Legacy - broadcasts Monday 24 July at 9pm on ITV. Read more http://bit.ly/2u8ZfeY "
https://twitter.com/itvpresscentre/status/885151881181499394
india
Princess

« Reply #473 on: July 21, 2017, 03:50:36 pm »

I am so sick of this.
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #474 on: July 21, 2017, 07:34:18 pm »

Charles just can't let it go. Junor enjoys the sycophancy and being in the company of Charles and Camilla at parties and so forth. Such a joy. So she writes the poison pen books. Camilla should have kept her mouth shut and not cooperated with Junor. It only made people more aware of what they did and their ridiculous PR.

It eats away at Charles -- even now, twenty years later -- that he and Camilla will never, ever have the popularity that Diana did.  He simply cannot stand it, and it is his Achilles Heel.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #475 on: July 21, 2017, 09:42:16 pm »

I'm glad William and Harry are doing this. I like to think of the effect it would have on smug Charles and Camilla. 
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #476 on: July 22, 2017, 01:15:03 am »

>> The bodyguard who saw EVERYTHING: How Diana once flirted with Pavarotti, jumped 20ft from a hotel balcony and travelled 'goat class' with a hen party in a desperate attempt to be normal

AS PERSONAL protection officer to the late Diana, Princess of Wales, Ken Wharfe was in charge of round-the-clock security at home and abroad, from 1987 until 1993. He retired from the Metropolitan Police in 2002, after 35 years’ service, nearly half of it in royalty protection. He was then appointed a Member of the Royal Victorian Order, an honour in the Sovereign’s personal gift. Here, in an exclusive excerpt from his new book, he describes life with the dazzling but unpredictable Diana . . .
[...] <<

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4719716/Diana-bodyguard-saw-EVERYTHING.html
sandy
Princess

« Reply #477 on: July 22, 2017, 01:27:13 am »

Pavarotti flirted with the ladies. This sounds like a reissue of the same book.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #478 on: July 22, 2017, 10:58:19 am »

Here's the link to a very nice write-up with beautiful pictures by David Butler, a fan of Diana's who followed her a bit and photographed her.
https://princessdianabookboutique.wordpress.com/tag/princess-diana-david-butler/
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #479 on: July 23, 2017, 01:30:26 am »

'The things I'd have said to her... if I knew it was the last time we'd speak': William and Harry's agony over final phone call with Diana as princes share 'special' photos on 20th anniversary of their mother's death

A documentary called Diana, Our Mother: Her Life And Legacy, will be shown on ITV at 9pm tomorrow
    In it the brothers describe how they are haunted by the final phone call Princess Diana made to them
    The boys cut the conversation short because they were busy playing with their cousins at the time

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4721312/William-Harry-s-agony-final-phone-call-Diana.html
--
'Mum was at my wedding': William on how his mother's death 'was like an earthquake' that took him seven years to get over - but she lives with him always and was there on his big day

Prince William says he felt his mother's presence at his wedding to Kate
    It was at Westminster Abbey in 2011, 30 years after his parents married in 1981
    He recalls: 'When it came to the wedding, I did really feel that she was there'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4721302/Mum-wedding-William-mother-s-death.html
--
'We bounced between the two of them and never saw either enough': Princes on the impact of their parents' toxic marital breakdown and the picture of misery that confirmed to the Queen how bad things really were

The boys revealed they longed to spend more time with both of their parents
    Harry admits feeling as if they were ‘bouncing between the two of them’
    He said: 'We never saw our mother enough or we never saw our father enough'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4721460/Princes-impact-parents-toxic-marital-breakdown.html
--
William shows Harry 'sweet' photo of his brother beaming with delight in one of the last images ever taken of the younger prince and his mother

Prince Harry beams with blissful delight in one of the last images with Diana
    Harry saw the photo which was taken on holiday for the first time only recently
    He had been reluctant to go through Princess Diana's personal photo collection

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4721430/William-shows-Harry-sweet-photo-brother.html
--
Prince Harry on how 'total kid' Diana had the motto 'be as naughty as you want... just don't get caught' as Wills jokes he 'fell down the stairs' when his mother booked Cindy Crawford and Naomi Campbell for his 12th birthday

Harry describes her mother on documentary as 'a total kid through and through'
    William says that had she lived she would have been a 'mischievous granny'
    Harry warmly recalls how much Diana valued the chance to escape the limelight

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4721372/Prince-Harry-total-kid-Diana.html
--
'They spat at her... to make her cry': Prince William says people would be 'appalled' if they knew what paparazzi did to elicit a reaction from the 'most hunted person of the modern age'

Prince William reveals the depth of his antipathy towards the paparazzi
    He said people would be 'utterly appalled' if they knew 'exactly what went on'
    He added that most of the time his mother cried 'was to do with press intrusion'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4721336/They-spat-Prince-William-Diana-s-paparazzi.html
--
Powerful. Honest. Raw. But in honouring their mother, will the Princes rue the day they shared their testimony of grief, writes royal author ROBERT JOBSON

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-4721474/A-testimony-grief-highlights-future-monarchy.html
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 36   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: