Royal Gossip
November 22, 2017, 11:54:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diana's Death and Memories ~ 20th Anniversary  (Read 64707 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #680 on: September 04, 2017, 09:21:07 pm »

A huge reason they didn't end the marriage willingly is because the expense of that vast wedding and her vast wardrobe and her (at the time) firmly established place in history. That divorce triggered a huge upheaval and all the books about how she would be queen suddenly became obsolete and those stamps, portraits, commemorative coins, and the diplomatic protocol, everything would have had to suddenly become changed, as it did in 1996. This was more than just a marriage that didn't work out, but a diplomatically recognized one as well. I am sick and tired of how some think that it was just a matter of ending the marriage and moving on; this marriage was all over the planet and frankly, a lot of people had invested their careers into that household that was formed when Diana arrived. It wasn't just going be a matter of paying her off, things had to be handled properly through the media as well and reasons would have to be given.

Their actions affect nations and I frankly don't think that Diana knew or understood that. I don't care about Camilla anymore since Diana decided to not target the mistress, but instead targeted her husband. If Diana had used her brain, she would have vilified Camilla, stated that all she wanted was her husband. She could have easily told the world that she wished Camilla would just go away and asked for the public to help drive the mistress out, but instead she targeted Charles.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #681 on: September 04, 2017, 11:47:09 pm »

Diana did go after Camilla she made no secret about the confrontation she had with her.  Diana did go to the Queen to no avail. The Queen already had been warned about Camilla a few times pre Diana. She did nothing about it. The Queen was oblivious or in denial about the toxicity of Mrs Parker Bowles and how she could hurt the monarchy. Charles should have been the one to ditch the mistress. As long as he felt he "needed" her there was little Diana could have done. The Queen could have removed Andrew and Camilla to a remote outpost and/or given Charles a firm ultimatum. Stay with the mistress or risk losing his place in line of succession. The hypocrisy is astonishing. Princess Margaret was given a choice. Why not Charles? Charles also made the mistake of publicly naming the married mistress. If he had kept his mouth shut he may well have been able to marry someone more suitable or even stay single with the "arrangement" with Camilla continuing. I think another factor was that the Queen Mum spoiled her grandson Charles so much so he had this huge sense of entitlement.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 11:49:59 pm by sandy » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #682 on: September 05, 2017, 12:45:15 am »

HM never saw Camilla as a threat because HM never ran the risk of losing her husband to another woman; if HM had been able to see Camilla as the threat she was, I believe HM would have ordered her courtiers to deal with Camilla by getting rid of Andrew as well.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #683 on: September 05, 2017, 07:26:28 pm »

'She made you feel extraordinary': Royal super-fan shares her never-before-seen photos of Diana as she recalls meeting the 'magical' Princess of Wales for the first time

Julia McCarthy-Fox, 52, took photos of Diana between 1983 and 1995
    She travelled thousands of miles around the country to photograph the Princess
    She said Diana had a 'magical aura' around her wherever she went

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4853842/Never-seen-photos-Princess-Diana-released.html
Emperor
Countess

My cat always prefers my furniture over her post

« Reply #684 on: September 06, 2017, 11:25:27 pm »

I sometimes think that the main reason HM and others would refuse to hear her name in their presence is because of this fact. Diana quite stupidly turned the succession into a political position where the candidate has to be likeable instead of the rightful heir. This is why I dislike Diana being so deified so much.                  

Being the rightful heir means nothing in todays democratic world.  The monarchy exists solely because of the good will of the people. Charles may be the rightful heir but if he isn't likeable, Down goes the monarchy. Most people in England are struggling today and get by. They may find it possible to keep paying for the upbringing of a likeable person rather than an unlikeable one, rightful heir or not.

I'm not attacking you, just giving my perspective.

Nothing brings me more happiness than trying to help the most vulnerable people in society. It is a goal and an essential part of my life - a kind of destiny. Whoever is in distress can call on me. I will come running wherever they are. - Princess Diana
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #685 on: September 06, 2017, 11:53:27 pm »

Good point. It is really important nowadays to be liked, the fear and respect isn't there anymore for royals and heirs, what else have they going for them when position isn't anymore all there is? Work and PR (ie likeability frankly). Diana famously questioned whether Charles would be able to deal with the restrictions of being king, but she was right: remember the "spider letters"? And they were rather harmless and not bad at all, but it was (partly?) out of line and caused a huge scandal and uproar.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #686 on: September 07, 2017, 12:18:54 am »

Charles IS going to have a difficult time stopping something he's done for decades--speaking out on issues. When he's king he can't be that outspoken anymore.
dianab
Countess

« Reply #687 on: September 08, 2017, 11:58:07 am »

Good point. It is really important nowadays to be liked, the fear and respect isn't there anymore for royals and heirs, what else have they going for them when position isn't anymore all there is? Work and PR (ie likeability frankly). Diana famously questioned whether Charles would be able to deal with the restrictions of being king, but she was right: remember the "spider letters"? And they were rather harmless and not bad at all, but it was (partly?) out of line and caused a huge scandal and uproar.
+ the letter he wrote for the sake of get the bishop peter ball out of jail ... yeah he's the very best prince of wales in ages...
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #688 on: September 10, 2017, 10:15:52 pm »

^^^Exactly! Hence the constant fluff pieces about outfits and the appearance of a new sprog every few years.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #689 on: September 24, 2017, 02:07:19 pm »

Diana was a 'dynastic disaster': Jaw-dropping letter reveals how Charles sought a second opinion on his troubled wife as an 'army' of doctors dosed Princess with drugs - after diagnosing 'dangerous' genetic illness

Sir John Batten, who treated Diana, believed 'dangerous condition' was genetic
    A Royal Household doctor and two medics were also said to share his concerns
    Views were shared in a letter written by pscyhotherapist Dr Alan McGlashan

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4913730/Letter-reveals-Charles-sought-second-opinion-Diana.html
sandy
Princess

« Reply #690 on: September 24, 2017, 02:58:30 pm »

What rot. AN anniversary present to someone perhaps put forward by Charles.

It is known that bulimia nervosa can be genetic. Diana was not diagnosed with any "genetic" disease.
dianab
Countess

« Reply #691 on: September 24, 2017, 04:37:53 pm »

"In all, Diana and McGlashan met eight times and the psychotherapist’s assessment was vastly different to that of the Royal doctors, concluding: ‘She is a normal girl whose troubles were emotional, not pathological’. The news must have come as a huge relief to Charles."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4913730/Letter-reveals-Charles-sought-second-opinion-Diana.html#ixzz4tbsN90ql
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

No wonder that a serious doctor had different views from people/doctors who were close to the royals

I highly doubt Diana talked about Camilla or the Charles' temper to this doctors in 1983. When her friend Carolyn Bartholomew pushed her to get help, Diana first replied 'I cant'...

BTW when she fell for James H she started looking healthy again... also not very convenient to Charles' spin

I dont doubt Charles had all this doctors 'treating' Diana because she should to be denying having relations with him... Janet Jenkings said she slept with him during this time and Charles confided in her as the marriage was terribly bad... Diana herself said in 1983 as he was back to Camilla and they were all time arguing
sandy
Princess

« Reply #692 on: September 24, 2017, 06:36:09 pm »

Diana and Charles were still intimate in 1983 and she had a bad case of bulimia in the Fall of 1982 when her bones stuck out. She and Charles conceived Harry late in 1983. She had an easier pregnancy.  There was a  crisis time  in 1981 when she had the morning sickness/difficult pregnancy/bulimia all at the same time.She was fed valium until she found out she was pregnant with WIlliam.  Some writers claim Charles went back to Camilla in 1983 between the Australian and Canadian tours that year.
dianab
Countess

« Reply #693 on: September 24, 2017, 07:02:45 pm »

Diana & Charles (& everyone else around them, including his mistresses) said as in 1983 their marriage was in utter bad state... no news... the poor woman was anorexic looking in 1982 (after William was born) and 1983... they probably conceived in (very) late 1983. They probably had Harry, because they had have a spare

In 1982, she had PPD after William was born. A friend of Diana someone from 'ballet world' (i think her teacher) confirmed Charles was cheating on Diana since when she was pregnant with william
india
Princess

« Reply #694 on: September 24, 2017, 10:48:41 pm »

It is disgusting that all of this has to be brought up again and again.
dianab
Countess

« Reply #695 on: September 25, 2017, 12:14:18 am »

This comments sums up the whole thing:

gaazza, elsewhere, Cape Verde, 41 minutes ago
Did you read the article? It said that the Royal doctors thought she was seriously ill. They got an independent, second opinion, and that doctor, not influenced by Charles, found that there was nothing clinically wrong with her. Turns out, they were dosing her up for no reason.

Catherine, Chicago, United States, 2 hours ago
So despite the misleading headline, Diana was a normal girl suffering emotional problems (birth, fame, adulterous husband, indifferent in-laws.) Instead of acknowledging their own grotesqueness, RF decides she has the "genetic" disease of her mother who was mad enough to leave an emotionally and physically abusive husband. Right. Keep leaking, Charles, and bury yourself.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4913730/Letter-reveals-Charles-sought-second-opinion-Diana.html#ixzz4tdm7hjST
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #696 on: September 25, 2017, 12:28:08 am »

^  thumbsup thumbsup

---

The most chilling betrayal of all: RICHARD KAY on the disturbing revelations that royal physicians drugged Diana and were terrified she'd pass on her 'dangerous' illness

Views were shared in a letter written by the psychotherapist Dr Alan McGlashan

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4915710/Diana-drugged-royal-physicians-worried-illnesses.html
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 12:32:09 am by HRHOlya » Logged
dianab
Countess

« Reply #697 on: September 25, 2017, 12:50:09 am »

@HRHOlya  hug

a fair description of Charles:

Mailit, Seattle, United States, 30 minutes ago

14 years of psychotherapy had done nothing for Charles. An incurable narcissist with not a thread of remorse or even regret for the pain and suffering he caused a perfectly normal young woman, the mother of his children, and even the children themselves. Sickening that there are well educated professional unwilling to take the high road but are willing to risk their reputations and bow to the Windsors.

L.o.v.e.., Hampstead, United Kingdom, 41 minutes ago

Dr. McGlashan was right. Attempting to discredit him by saying he breached Diana's confidence by telling Laurens Van der Post that she was normal, and Camilla was the problem, will not wash.For Charles, the Crown is within his grasp. Realising William's popularity as the majority of the country's chosen Monarch, Charles is commissioning articles ensuring his children's names are besmirched, by saying this obscure m ental illness is Genetic..hence attempting to convince us that in William and Harry's hands, Great Britain will be lumbered with a m entally ill 'Dynastic Tragedy'. The Princes are Charles' children too, not just those of the poor girl he d espised with such f erocity, that he is making her out to be 'M ad, Bad and Dangerous', when she was a perfectly well adjusted young woman until Camilla and Charles got their p oisoned c laws into her. This decimation, and defamation of the defenceless d ead mother of the Princes needs to stop now. RIP

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4915710/Diana-drugged-royal-physicians-worried-illnesses.html#ixzz4tdwiwMfL
sandy
Princess

« Reply #698 on: September 25, 2017, 02:20:04 am »

^  thumbsup thumbsup

---

The most chilling betrayal of all: RICHARD KAY on the disturbing revelations that royal physicians drugged Diana and were terrified she'd pass on her 'dangerous' illness

Views were shared in a letter written by the psychotherapist Dr Alan McGlashan

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4915710/Diana-drugged-royal-physicians-worried-illnesses.html

This doctor sounds like something out of a horror movie.  This episode reminds me of the film Gaslight.
Val
Princess

« Reply #699 on: September 25, 2017, 10:03:53 am »

Just reading an excellent book on Kindle 'The Princess Diana Conspiracies' by Alan Power.   It documents her alleged 'assassination' in a most convincing way.   One of the reasons given
was that Diana kept a dossier of the RF's secrets and scandals which
she used as leverage.  She was known to confide everything in William who would have blabbed
everything to ma midd which explains why QE doesn't deal with this awful family and boot them all out.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: