Royal Gossip
October 22, 2017, 04:42:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 36   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diana's Death and Memories ~ 20th Anniversary  (Read 63278 times)
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #540 on: July 28, 2017, 01:12:55 am »

Indeed. On top of that it was a huge shock to everyone, people act strangely in grief and sometimes need medication to get through it, who knows whether people remember everything as it really was. It is possible that Charles reacted heavily when she died, for many reasons.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #541 on: July 28, 2017, 05:33:55 am »

Christopher Andersen's books (like the Day Diana Died) tend to be fanciful and he relates "conversations" that never took place or makes them up (like what Camilla told Charles over the phone when Diana died). I think Charles was just worried about himself.  It did not take him long (less than a year after Diana died) to push his own agenda with Camilla and he resumed the spin (and Junor and Smith began the Diana bashing). I don't think "lovingly" ever described how Charles perceived Diana. I don't believe the earring story.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #542 on: July 29, 2017, 06:16:35 pm »

'I was happy to give it all up to go off and live with him': New tapes reveal how Diana fell 'deeply in love' with her 6ft 'Jack the Lad' police bodyguard before he died in a car crash (and she was sure he'd been 'bumped off')

Princess Diana poured her heart to her voice coach on soon-to-be aired videos
    In them, she said Prince Charles only wanted to have sex once every three weeks
    Confessed to falling 'madly in love' with her police bodyguard Barry Mannakee
    Diana would only talk about him as 'somebody who worked in this environment'
    'He was the greatest fellow I have ever had ,' she told voice coach Peter Settelen

"[...] 'I remember saying to my husband: 'Why, why is this lady around?' and he said: 'Well, I refuse to be the only Prince of Wales who never had a mistress.' ' [...]"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4740926/New-tapes-Diana-deeply-love-police-bodyguard.html
--
Charles knew of Diana’s affair… and didn’t care: The 1987 photograph that showed the Prince joking with James Hewitt - who had been sleeping with his wife for a year

James Hewitt was the one man to profit from Diana and the only one to whom she publicly declared her love
    Richard Kay and Geoffrey Levy say that Charles 'didn't much care' about the affair 
    They add that this was 'because he himself had returned to the bed of Mrs Parker Bowles'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4733472/Charles-knew-Diana-s-affair-didn-t-care.html
--
The love affair that shocked the world… told by the people who watched it unfold: Why Diana dumped the Muslim doctor she hoped to marry for a billionaire’s son

Richard Kay, the writer who knew Diana best, and his colleague Geoffrey Levy bring you the full untold story of her love affair with playboy Dodi Fayed and the lovers the princess took before him
    Intimate photos of their holiday in St Tropez captured the couples last days together before their death 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4733404/Why-Diana-dumped-Muslim-doctor-hoped-marry.html
--
Diana’s never-before-seen photo album: Remarkable snapshots offer an enchanting insight into the life of the late royal

Saturday's edition of the Daily Mail's Weekend magazine is a special tribute issue to Princess Diana 
    Here we reveal 17 stunning unseen images from the late royal's enchanting life
    Pick up a copy of Saturday's Daily Mail to read the full story of Diana's quest for loves 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4733082/Diana-s-glorious-unseen-photo-album.html
--
Some of these have been published a while ago, like the "never before seen pics" and I'm pretty sure I posted the link to this very article ages ago somewhere here in Diana's section.
dianab
Countess

« Reply #543 on: July 29, 2017, 08:00:30 pm »

Charles knew of Diana’s affair… and didn’t care: The 1987 photograph that showed the Prince joking with James Hewitt - who had been sleeping with his wife for a year

James Hewitt was the one man to profit from Diana and the only one to whom she publicly declared her love
    Richard Kay and Geoffrey Levy say that Charles 'didn't much care' about the affair 
    They add that this was 'because he himself had returned to the bed of Mrs Parker Bowles'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4733472/Charles-knew-Diana-s-affair-didn-t-care.html
----
As if some day he had left...  He was seen often in Beaufort hunt in early 1980s ... enough said!
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #544 on: July 29, 2017, 08:06:57 pm »

It was actually Philip Dunne who was an approved lover by the Palace.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #545 on: July 29, 2017, 08:27:51 pm »

ick
sandy
Princess

« Reply #546 on: July 29, 2017, 08:48:24 pm »

This is just a rehash of something from a few years ago. The tapes BTW are on youtube and have been for a while. I think there are paid toadies on the comments board, they keep saying the same mantra about Diana. And working the red and green arrows like mad. The funny thing is that some are rhapsodizing over Camilla making her seem like a virginal heroine and DIana gets slammed. Charles is also praised to the skies. I think this is a Palace riposte to the William and Harry document. I think the posters use different names and say the same things (which I won't repeat here) about Diana. Charles and Camilla have a lot to answer for. Charles was said to have allowed DIana to invite Hewitt to her birthday party. Charles being OK with it is old news--it gave him more time with Camilla. Carling did not have an affair with Diana and said he did not. Hoare never confirmed or denied one. I wonder how the Hoares who are still together like all the mud slinging. I think he had moved on ages ago. Gilbey was not intimate with Diana--he never said there was an affair.

No wonder respectable women don't want to marry into that family. They may end up like Diana, used as a peach pit then discarded and after she's dead disgusting comments made about her.

The vicious commentators talk about "all the men" that Diana had and the Harry rumors. How Charles can allow this dirt spread is disgusting. Charles and Camilla are totally unfit. Some poster talked about maybe an article about all of Camilla's men and all of Charles' women should be published. Another howler is that Charles "only cheated" with Camilla which is hogwash.

Next thing you know Charles and Camilla will be depicted as virgins on their wedding night.

Also people on the comments section are slamming Khan. Khan at least saved lives and worked to be a successful heart surgeon. Charles happened to be born the eldest to an heir to the throne.  Khan saved lives, Charles wrecked them.

I don't think that Diana and Dunne were intimate. He was a posh friend of hers. But neither of them said there was an affair.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 08:53:56 pm by sandy » Logged
dianab
Countess

« Reply #547 on: July 29, 2017, 09:17:37 pm »

"I wonder how the Hoares who are still together like all the mud slinging"

I doubt either of them care and even read tabloids for this matter. They're together for same reason that Andew and Camilla were married for so many years before the War of Waleses debacle, and other aristo/high society couples are together

"Also people on the comments section are slamming Khan"
Were they slamming him? Just saying he was ugly.... I saw comments calling him out for his lack of looks, along with Charles - which is true for both of them. Hewitt was/is no looker can be considered a Brad Pitt next to them. I read several times years ago  Will Carling saying he was never intimate with Diana and they were just friends. DM is re-writing the story as far as Carling is concerned. He's had several times denied any affair.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 09:19:28 pm by dianab » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #548 on: July 29, 2017, 09:30:51 pm »

They said he was ugly and made fun of his being overweight. And losing his looks etc. Too bad a photo of Charles and Camilla recently were not placed (no airbrushing). That's what old looks like.

I wish Carling would speak up...again. The DM just labels these men as being intimate with Diana with no proof. It's like Anne Boleyn's trumped of charges of many lovers.

I also feel sorry for Al Fayed who lost a son and has to see all the mudslinging (the Studio 54 years of his eldest son Dodi).

Who is paying for all this sleazy reporting? I think Charles' PR and sympathizers are responsible. I wonder why the crude comments are not removed about DIana.
dianab
Countess

« Reply #549 on: July 29, 2017, 10:43:24 pm »

"They said he was ugly and made fun of his being overweight. And losing his looks etc. Too bad a photo of Charles and Camilla recently were not placed (no airbrushing). That's what old looks like."
I've no problem with that. As I also enjoy comments about the lack of looks of Charles, Camilla, Philip, Anne etc. The comments used to be quite fun. So I dont think anyone is being unfair to Khan or to the others I cited.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #550 on: July 29, 2017, 10:51:49 pm »

No wonder they don't have any more allies; after HM is gone and Charles is enthroned, I don't think too many Arab families will hang around the House of Windsor and I am certain that there will not be allies once Charles is gone.

No wonder respectable women don't want to marry into that family. They may end up like Diana, used as a peach pit then discarded and after she's dead disgusting comments.

I find it interesting how despite his looks and money and physique during his youth, there was never anyone respectable seen around William. No titled ladies or daughters of powerful families went on dates with him and he never really made an effort to make much of himself and so he wasn't going to respectable places to meet respectable ladies. He was swanning around the public and thumbing his nose at society and duties, so he wasn't out at decent places. If he had actually made something of himself I am certain that he might have found a genuine lady, but he instead thought decent women should be shipped in to him.

Also people on the comments section are slamming Khan. Khan at least saved lives and worked to be a successful heart surgeon. Charles happened to be born the eldest to an heir to the throne.  Khan saved lives, Charles wrecked them.

I am disgusted at how there si this belief that each and every single successful man has to be white, in perfect physical shape, and have a fashionable career rather than save lives and actually contribute to the world of medicine and saving lives. No one has any business looking down on a surgeon.

I don't think that Diana and Dunne were intimate. He was a posh friend of hers. But neither of them said there was an affair.

Likely close friends and they cared about each other without going too far. It does happen really. Pity that one fizzled out.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #551 on: July 29, 2017, 11:10:48 pm »

It's too bad that Diana did not take up with one of the posh young men she met while living in the flat with her friends. THe formula was that Charles should find the suitable girl before she gets involved with someone else. If she had say gotten serious with one of them and married this person, she would have been spared Charles' courtship. And he could have moved on to the "next victim." 

Getting back to Khan, it was not just his looks, he was panned in general by some Charles fans, that he was not as good as Charles. A man who is a successful heart surgeon IMO is light years ahead of Charles.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #552 on: July 29, 2017, 11:22:43 pm »

I don't think people should make fun of other people's looks. That stuff reminds me of schoolyard bullying. Remarking on someone's character/actions? Fine. But leave looks out of it, please.  thumbsdown

Maybe if someone spent years boozing/partying/using drugs. But even then, it's just sad. Maybe show it to young people so they don't pick up those habits, but not make fun of them. They already have to see themselves in the mirror each day, I think they already know they did something wrong.

Heart surgeons save lives, many, many years of schooling and long hours. Nobody should make fun of them.  thumbsdown
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 11:24:40 pm by leogirl » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #553 on: July 29, 2017, 11:28:39 pm »

The comments section in that article was particularly brutal, with people taunting Diana and calling her names and saying there "must have been" more men. And so on. And trashing a successful heart surgeon was absurd. And then the ones taunting Harry for having red hair and he "must be" Hewitt's. And Charles lauded for having "only one" (yeah right) lover Camilla while Diana had and I quote "many married men."  Are these palace trolls or just weird people who want to make vile comments. Charles is not trashed for "sowing wild oats"  with many women including some married ones. This has been a back and forth between two camps. First William and Harry praise their mother then the next week, snarky articles come out about Diana and praise C and C. What is also strange is those tapes have been freely accessible for years on YouTube and the Settelen tapes have been referred to in books since about 10 years ago.
dianab
Countess

« Reply #554 on: July 29, 2017, 11:47:01 pm »

The looks of Charles has been made fun since 1970s.... I've no problem with that. Doctors are normal people - some are good looking and others not. Their job is extremely honorable but outside it they're like every person out there, with faults and qualities like everyone else. Their job/vocation isnt some indication than they are in private.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #555 on: July 29, 2017, 11:52:48 pm »

Some doctors can be horrid in their personal lives. Similarly, Charles having the HRH and being Prince of Wales does not make him a person superior in character to all others. Khan did not write tell all books (he did not cooperate with the awful film with Naomi Watts) he just had to testify during the Inquest. He never trashed Diana. And ironically,the one who married her and the father of her children, is the one who IMO sold her out the most. Ironically also, despite pressure from his family to find a wife from his own religious/ethnic background, did not settle down. 
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 11:55:18 pm by sandy » Logged
dianab
Countess

« Reply #556 on: July 30, 2017, 12:03:59 am »

His family loved talk to media and he never even tried stop them. Or tried correct them. His version of facts is different and probably hurtful to his ego. I read his statement to inquest, he striked me as full of himseld and egoistical/self-absorbed. He knew many stories about them were untrue, let them beng seen as facts. He might be reasonably decent guy. I think that Diana had thing for self-absorbed bachelors. James Hewitt, Oliver Haore, Hasnat Khan himself, Dodi all of them fit the type IMO. Khan had a 2nd marriage to much younger occidental doctor, but this marriage also ended.

As for Charles he's the worst type of narcissist.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 12:09:33 am by dianab » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #557 on: July 30, 2017, 12:09:56 am »

Diana decided to move on when he was not going public with her. I think he'd have been satisfied meeting her secretly for years with no commitments. I think at that point she was looking down the road for commitment. I do think Charles is totally self absorbed and a narcissist. And still is today despite marrying Camilla. IMO anyway.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #558 on: July 30, 2017, 12:21:13 am »

Well, only a self-absorbed person would go after a married woman, especially a princess who is married to the heir to the throne! Of course she's going to attract that type.

Doctors can be bad people, but what has Khan done to deserve such comments?

"Must have been" more lovers? How can they possibly know that? Were they in the bedroom watching her? Is there a set number of lovers each person has or must have? I think not.  bignono

Charles should not have married Camilla.

When one person wants a commitment and the other just wants to hook up, it's best to break it off.
dianab
Countess

« Reply #559 on: July 30, 2017, 12:35:52 am »

Prince Charles 'was seeing Camilla just a year after he married Diana' with a friend claiming the affair could have started BEFORE William was born
-Diana’s private dance teacher, Anne Allan, says she was ‘horrified’ by affair
-She said she learnt he was having affair with Camilla as early as 1982 or 1983
-Until now, according to most reports 1986 was when his affair was rekindled
By Nick Craven for The Mail on Sunday
PUBLISHED: 00:00 BST, 30 July 2017 | UPDATED: 00:20 BST, 30 July 2017

Prince Charles was seeing Camilla Parker Bowles as early as a year after he married, Diana told a close confidante.
The revelation raises the possibility Charles resumed his relationship with Camilla up to four years earlier than has ever been admitted.
Diana’s private dance teacher, Anne Allan, says she was ‘horrified’ to learn from Diana as early as 1982 or 1983 that Charles was seeing Camilla.
Until now, according to most reports – including biographies of Prince Charles by Jonathan Dimbleby and of Camilla by Penny Junor – 1986 was when his affair was rekindled.

Ms Allan’s claim, in the Channel 4 documentary, suggests the relationship resumed shortly after – or possibly even before – the birth of William in June 1982.
Harry was not born until September 1984 so, according to Ms Allan’s account, the affair between Charles and Camilla, who had been sweethearts long before Charles met Diana, was well under way by then.
‘She loved Charles, yes, but Charles loved another woman,’ said Ms Allan.

'It’s very hard for any woman when you love someone and you realise that perhaps they don’t love you.
'You have to understand how hard that was to hear – we’re talking 1982-3 when she realised that Charles was seeing Camilla and I just remember being quite horrified. I think it made her very sad… devastated… she felt she wasn’t enough.’
Ms Allan gave Diana private dance lessons from autumn 1981 at the English National Ballet and recalled Diana’s joy when she fell pregnant shortly after.
‘She wanted to give her marriage everything that she could,’ she said. ‘She really wanted everybody to feel proud, but particularly Charles.’
On one of the videotapes which features in the Channel 4 documentary, Diana herself recounts a conversation between Charles and Prince Philip in which the Duke appeared to condone his affair.
She said: ‘And my father-in-law said to my husband, if your marriage doesn’t work out you can always go back to her after five years…’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4742982/Charles-seeing-Camilla-year-married-Diana.html#ixzz4oGbZz6Ml
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 12:37:41 am by dianab » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 36   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: