Royal Gossip
October 21, 2017, 11:03:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 36   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diana's Death and Memories ~ 20th Anniversary  (Read 63199 times)
Nighthawk
Princess

« on: March 30, 2011, 03:42:39 pm »

Royal rebel: the legacy of Diana
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/mar/30/diana-princess-wales-royal-rebel-legacy
Monica Ali's new novel was inspired by Diana. Here she pays tribute to a 'fascinating, flawed' woman who stood up to the monarchy's hypocrisy and changed Britain forever
No one could attract attention to an issue like Diana. A child of her time, she understood the importance of a well-timed (and well-documented) gesture, and this, combined with her natural impulse to reach out to the most marginalised in society, led to one of her most indelible acts. In April 1987, when ignorance about HIV and Aids was still rife, Diana shook hands with an HIV-positive patient. The photograph made front-page news around the world.

Princess Diana had her faults made her mistakes  Shocked as all humans do.  But the one thing I will always remember her for is the genuine Love she had for the People, she didn't have to fake what she felt for the public. IMO
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 09:01:21 pm by Alexandrine » Logged
sophiechloe
courtier

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 10:27:35 am »

Totally agree.  She was genuine.  Yes, she made mistakes, but look what she was up against! 
Kingdom Hearts
Countess

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 01:10:36 am »

On this forum I don't see just a random memorie topic of Princess Diana..I thought this website was Beautiful of her and thought to share it with all of you,do you have a favorite memorie of diana?,favorite quote,dress,picture,anything..

http://www.princess-diana.com/

Anywhere I see suffering, that is where I want to be, doing what I can.
Princess Diana

I love about every quote of hers-->

I don't want expensive gifts; I don't want to be bought. I have everything I want. I just want someone to be there for me, to make me feel safe and secure.
Princess Diana

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/p/princess_diana.html

My favorite thing was her spirit,she was not afraid. hug

"The dawrf Breathes so Loud we could have shot him in the Dark" -Haldir
Gaeaskywalker
Baroness

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 07:24:55 pm »

Thanks for the topic. She was an inspiration for me. She even inspired me to do a whole year long a good deed everyday. Small gestures for others and the enviroment. I thought if she could do so much, I could too but on a smaller scale.
Kingdom Hearts
Countess

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 04:06:36 am »

I would love to do charity work,here It's just donating to homeless and the red cross so perhaps one day i could travel,she was wasn't she? so brilliant and Beautiful easter-egg-basket)

"The dawrf Breathes so Loud we could have shot him in the Dark" -Haldir
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 03:57:52 pm »

Not sure where to put this, (ignore the stupid joke on top)
Princess Diana’s funeral was watched by more people than her marriage (and her sons marriage) was.
http://uberfacts.tumblr.com/post/6958278255/princess-dianas-funeral-was-watched-by-more-people

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Byechoc
Countess

Nothing happens by accident. everything was a ....

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 04:15:09 pm »

When she died she was more popular.. she put everyone fell that knew her.. and her tragedy make people fascinated with her, and she helped a lot of people, was beautifull and elegant in her last years!!! So that's why that happened...

In life nothing happens by accident. we must remember that there are no good that lasts forever. And evil that never ends. God works in mysterious ways. So I just have to accept what happens because we do not know what we gain by things go this way. Not always what initially seems an award is the. This happens when we fall in love, when we found out a new job when a friend disappears or when someone leaves for ever.
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 06:31:28 pm »

After her wedding she became the most photographed woman in the world... people all over the world knew about her, and loved her.

The world was in shock when she was killed.

Such a loss for her sons, her loved ones and  her charities.. she raised Millions.

Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2011, 01:03:43 am »

The reports back then said worldwide her funeral was watched by 1 billion or close to that figure or higher of people I don't really remember.But of course it was huge.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 01:07:25 am by Magnolia » Logged

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
Gwendolyn
Baroness

Stupor Mundi

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2011, 07:22:18 am »

It's truly staggering when you think about it, having hundreds of millions of people mourning the loss of one person.

"A still more glorious dawn awaits." --Carl Sagan
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2011, 10:47:07 pm »

2.5 Billion people watched her funeral .. at that time .. it was half the world's population.

750 Million watched her wedding.

Which proves how popular she was the world over, as time went by.

Charles' blessing to Camilla was watched by 20 million world wide..  wopedo
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 10:52:06 pm by Tatiana » Logged

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2011, 03:47:22 am »

And we're surprised, because....?

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2011, 02:00:59 am »

... and we should or should not be suprised,  because ... ?     sigh

Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2012, 02:30:46 am »

Can someone change the subtitle of this board  please ?

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2012, 02:49:24 am »

Euhm no honey
It's correct: she was Charles' wife from '81 till '96
The dates do not refer to her birth and death year but her years of being 'Princess of Wales'

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2012, 05:16:12 pm »

Euhm no honey
It's correct: she was Charles' wife from '81 till '96
The dates do not refer to her birth and death year but her years of being 'Princess of Wales'

Gotcha .. I was in a hurry that day  ...  laugh

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2012, 08:50:37 pm »

Princess Diana's Legacy Lives On, Nearly 15 Years After Her Death

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/liz-smith/princess-diana_b_1725964.html

It's been fifteen years  bye

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Mooster
Duchess

"William, stop worrying...the paps wouldn't dare!"

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2012, 08:57:12 pm »

Miss her  sob

Diana, Zac, Jemima, Ben and Sir James Goldsmith    

Cressida
Baroness

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2012, 09:25:04 pm »

I miss her too. I wonder what she would make of her eldest son marrying a woman like Kate and Harry behaving like a drunken lout?

dianab
Countess

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2012, 10:02:08 pm »

I dont believe no one in this forum would comment this part of text:
 nervous nervous nervous
She lives on through her two boys, who have turned out very well, and by the fact that the monarchy was forced to face modern times
 nervous nervous nervous

her legacy sons is a spin I never bought only serves for be a facade to William & Harry & their behavior.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 10:09:14 pm by dianab » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 36   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: