Royal Gossip
April 19, 2019, 11:47:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CHAT for Security/ Terror threats/ Protests/ Riots  (Read 13008 times)
True Brit
Duchess

« on: March 27, 2011, 10:05:16 pm »

Dahlia - you are soooo right. Just read this piece re the security - the experts are saying this is going to be complex and far more expensive than any of us realise (although many of us guessed it wouldn't be just the £50 million they claimed). Scary stuff - I doubt I would go to London with children to watch it knowing this.

http://m.ctv.ca/topstories/20110308/royal-wedding-security-110309.html

The SAS has been moved in. Some talk of them taking over a barracks in central London to improve response times.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1359782/SAS-troops-deployed-streets-prevent-terrorist-attacks.html
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 10:08:36 pm by True Brit » Logged

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 10:20:23 pm »

Anybody with a brain can see that the venue must be changed.  It's difficult, I know, but it's also the wise thing to do.  Will they listen?  Doubt it.  To think that anyone could get hurt so Wasty can have her big day is absurd.

Someone needs to take it out of HM's hands to make the call.  And maybe they will.  How much more positive press she would get if she wasn't forced to move this disaster of a wedding.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 10:36:01 pm »

No matter how we pick at Kate, I don't want to see her get hurt and possibly maimed. I don't think that HM will listen and frankly I see a cabinet revolt if she doesn't change the venue and I would never want her (Kate) to experience physical assault at the hands of a demented mob.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 10:47:12 pm »

^^I don't want to see her get hurt, either, but this isn't about her alone.  There are a lot of innocent people that concern me more than her cushy a$$.  She asked for this big show and if they're not sensible enough to change their thinking about this 'People's Wedding/low key' affair, then the blame falls firmly on their shoulders if, God forbid, something happens to anyone.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 10:53:58 pm »

Anarchists 'plan to target royal wedding'
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/royal-wedding/8410157/Anarchists-plan-to-target-royal-wedding.html
Violent anarchists who rampaged through London during anti-cuts protests are planning to target the royal wedding, police intelligence have suggested.

honestly this isn't the time to be flaunting wealth around IMO there are millions suffering right now yet all eyes are on this Royal Wedding.
Duchess Georgiana
courtier

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 11:01:56 pm »

I only wish Prince William got the message. This pomp and pageantry at this time is too much for the people to bear, especially knowing that millions of pounds will come out of public coffers to pay for the security. Unbelievable! I'm really disappointed with Prince William, I really am!  Angry
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 11:05:36 pm »

Pictures of the protest from yesterdays event if anyone is interested

Cleanup begins in London after a splinter group from large spending cut protests reportedly wreaked havoc on the city
http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/XFXheSu89lb/Cleanup+begins+London+after+splinter+group/jvvXSsH8fTY

Rioting breaks out in London during protests against planned spending cuts by the Conservative-Liberal Democratic government.
http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/s41_MHa0or3/Rioting+breaks+out+London+during+protests

Protestors Against Spending Cuts Take Part In TUC's 'March For The Alternative' Through London
http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/JSjDGchjz0w/Protestors+Against+Spending+Cuts+Take+Part
Leila
Countess

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 01:26:15 am »

True. But PW is the one who wants to have a big wedding at Westminster Abbey that will cost the taxpayer tens of millions of pounds.
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 01:27:08 am »

Nope but PW is being supported by his Royal Blood who are helping to make this happen IMO he's got full support from the Queen and his Father to do this so their just as responisable IMO for this Mess Wedding
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 01:28:33 am »

I'm shocked that it's getting as bad as it is. As for the RF, they need ot STOP taking for granted the restraint of the people; the French did, the Russians did, and if pushed, they very well might go after HM herself, and then WHAT? The minute that Camilla got attacked, is the minute that the wedding should have been moved to Windsor. More security at Westminster will send a horrible message and it will only infuriate the people more and then they will need more security, creating a vicious cycle. There is no way that the most devoted security officer can stop a well aimed bullet or a double row of officers can prevent a determined mob from breaking through. The RF is afraid for themselves, which is not smart since they should be afraid enough to move the venue to something less expensive with a handful of press and family and the ambassadors with their wives to represent their country.

True. But PW is the one who wants to have a big wedding at Westminster Abbey that will cost the taxpayer tens of millions of pounds.

No, KATE is the one who wants the big wedding at Westminster in the main chapel.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 01:52:22 am »

Police fear anti-monarchy anarchists planning to infiltrate  royal wedding
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1370590/Police-fear-anti-monarchy-anarchists-planning-infiltrate-royal-wedding.html#ixzz1HqpPhi00
Ella
Countess

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 02:20:42 am »

I hope if I ever have to protest, I can make a sign that fun
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 10:08:38 am »

Today's Telegraph story on the issue where the head of the Met says there is to be no limit on costs of security. Just as many had always known this will cost way more than the £50 million figures given out at the start.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/royal-wedding/8410157/Anarchists-plan-to-target-royal-wedding.html

and the Mail where they say police are to use stop and search powers and other anti terrorist measures

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1370590/Police-fear-anti-monarchy-anarchists-planning-infiltrate-royal-wedding.html

Time to downsize and move elsewhere.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2011, 10:40:04 am »

I believe security is now at £20 million.

True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2011, 10:50:48 am »

Hi MK - this story in the Telegraph says £50 million, possibly £80 million. There are other reports saying the same. As with most publicly issued figures it usually turns out to be far more than they estimate in order to pacify the public over spending.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/royal-wedding/8141237/Royal-wedding-Queen-and-Charles-to-pay-their-share-of-the-bill.html

Leila
Countess

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 11:47:32 am »

Shocked It's just getting worse and worse...... wopedo
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2011, 11:53:41 am »

A poster on the DM website suggested we all look at this mob and it frightens the life out of me. The security services will be working around the clock but all of this must be their worst nightmare. Let us all hope it carries off peacefully - even if we think it's a farce. I am thinking of all those doting old dears and young mums with children who will want to turn out - even if I wouldn't. Keep them safe.

http://www.muslimsagainstcrusades.com/

Dahlia
Baroness

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2011, 01:27:45 pm »

That is a scary link.  hide
Don´t they think that makes life miserable for normal muslims?  bignono

Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2011, 01:42:24 pm »

Police aim to prevent royal wedding riots
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/03/28/uk-britain-wedding-police-idUSTRE72R1UB20110328
The Chocolate Princess
Administrator

A chocolate a day keeps the doctor away!

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2011, 02:22:30 pm »

Holy *poo*!  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Now that sounds serious!

I don't think that a violent and angry mob could hurt William and Kate. A riot will be bad PR, might destroy the infrastructure and hurt a few bystanders and police, but nothing REALLY serious. The MI5/ Scotland Yard/ Police/ SAS or whatever agency is involved can take care of them -maybe even before things get out of hand. I bet there will be thousands of security people in plain clothes in London. And the CCTV will definitely have hundreds of people monitoring the streets with facial recognition software etc. Enough to take care of the amateurs that look dangerous. 

The real danger would be a sniper with a high powered rifle. He could position himself a kilometer or even almost a mile away from the target area, all it takes would be a clear shot without trees. The police will secure the roofs but they simply can't protect them from a professional hitman. All it takes would be money from a rich "muslim". I am saying muslim because of the link above, yes there are many people who have a grudge against the monarchy, but only the terrorists have real money. ie. Gadaffi is a billionaire, even former Egyptian  president Mubarak has 40 billions, etc. They make hundreds of millions and could easily afford 500K or even one million each for a hit on the royal couple. Lips Sealed  If there is a contract on them then I guess they are screwed hide William and Harry wanting to join forces in Afganistan against muslims doesn't help the situation either.

OMG! I know we are now on their watchlist too! easter-lol Echelon and other services have surely picked up on this thread already .... tooo many 'trigger words' X-Mas_rolleyes 

edit:  I went back to the page.....
I know where the page comes from.  There is a telephone number on the page, I think I'll call and ask what the *copulate* is going on! I am a little pissed Organizing a demontstration against the monarchy/wedding is one thing, but all the acusations and bloody pictures is distasteful. I afraid some people will cross the line here.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 03:03:50 pm by The Chocolate Princess » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: