Royal Gossip
May 30, 2017, 02:00:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joachim & Marie: News and Photos  (Read 84214 times)
Nighthawk
Princess

« on: March 28, 2011, 09:13:33 pm »

translated article :  Princess Marie opened the new flight route

sorry about the link not working right  flower
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 09:21:51 pm by Nighthawk » Logged
HC
Countess

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 05:34:13 pm »

Princess Marie has become patron of the AIDS Foundation.

The AIDS Foundation is working to combat HIV and AIDS in Denmark and in the hardest-hit areas in the world.

- As patron Princess Marie can help to focus on those areas, AIDS Foundation works with. We are very grateful that the princess has chosen to support our efforts to combat a disease that is still shrouded in taboo and which cost 1.8 million lives each year, says Henriette Laursen, director of AIDS Foundation.

In Denmark prejudices still hit hard, and many HIV-infected people do not dare tell their relatives about the disease.

- I hope the patronage could help to break down the prejudices that make many people with HIV live in loneliness and fear of others' reactions. At the same time I want to support the AIDS Foundation's focus on research in medicine that can help future generations to grow up without HIV and AIDS, says Princess Marie.

article
http://www.tvsyd.dk/artikel/130929
HC
Countess

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 09:03:15 pm »

http://www.seoghoer.dk/Nyheder/Royalt/Marie%20fae%20protektorater.aspx

Princess Marie lazies it through life as a princess of Denmark

She is just figurehead
Princess Marie is doing half as much as eksprincess Alexandra
By Christian BækholmTirsdag 20th September 2011 10:58.

Although royals seldom works hard for the Danes, the Princess Marie, however, takes the prize as the most lazy.

B.T. has made an overview of how many protectorates Marie, Mary and Alexandra each have, and there is Marie at the bottom. Even eksprincess Alexandra has twice as many duties as the current princess Møgeltønder.

Read also: Marie does not want to speak Danish

More precisely, the Countess Alexandra 13 protectorates. Princess Mary has as many as 26, while Marie can only boast of 7 of its kind.

Marie however, has recently received the position as patron of the Danish Refugee Council. A task that experts believe will help her image. Many Danes feel namely sympathy with the organization.

- Therefore, Princess Marie is nearer to play her role and not just be a figurehead who does not really have tasks, says Sørensen, lecturer in history at the University of Copenhagen, BT
HC
Countess

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 09:13:49 pm »

http://www.bt.dk/royale/grevinde-alexandra-skygger-for-marie

Although Countess Alexandra is no longer a part of the Danish royal family, she has still 13 patronages and six honorary member. Princess Marie has only seven on her list.

With DCA as the newest.
It is very attractive to get one of the royal family members as patron. Therefore, it is surprising that a former member of the Danish royal family has almost twice as many patronage and honorary member creates, as a current member.

ALSO READ: Marie is the overlooked princess

This is the case with Prince Joachim's former and current wife.

Countess Alexandra has namely kept her patronages after divorce. Additionally Launches Countess Alexandra annual breast cancer month in October.

For comparison prinsessse Marie had only seven patronages after she married Prince Joachim in May 2008.

See Countess Alexandra patronages here

See Princess Marie patronages here

See Crown Princess Mary patronages here

- It does happen often, when there is a new princess into the house here, you will be tried 'hijacked' as patron of a lot differently. Therefore you must be a little bit hesitant in the beginning. It'll come, it is no doubt, says Henning Fode, cabinet secretary in the Danish royal family.

Henning Fode suggest that there may be organizations or associations, who have managed to 'hijack' one of the princesses while they were new to the palace.

- It may be a danger that in the beginning saying yes to too much, which later proves to be too small. Here one should instead have been the patron of an umbrella rather than very specific, disease-related associations, says Henning Fode.

Lecturer in History at the University of Copenhagen, Sørensen, however, feel that Princess Marie has too few patronages compared to Countess Alexandra.

- Alexandra received a disproportionate number of patronage, because she was the first princess in the new generation of the royal family.

While there was great enthusiasm for her the first several years. And it is quite clear why she got many extra patronages compared to the others.

Princess Marie has been given too few. She should definitely have some more in the near future, so that she can get a large enough role to play, says Sørensen.

But could the Countess Alexandra not just 'leave' some of his patronages to Princess Marie?

- No, says Henning Fode.

- That is not an option to take away patronages from the Countess. It has never been considered. And Princess Marie may very well have a stripe requests from various organizations where she has chosen to say no because they either do not have enough weight or not fit enough into her field of interest, says Henning Fode.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 09:19:00 pm »

I don't think you can compare Alexandra with Marie, when the first married in the family there was no crown princess; now Mary should get most of the work as she is the cp.

However, she could be asking for more things to do, I cannot imagine anyone saying no to her.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Dahlia
Baroness

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 10:07:55 pm »

^IA. But I have to say the whole DRF is not a bunch of workaholics.
HC
Countess

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 11:03:31 pm »

And here is the damage control interview:

http://m.stiften.dk/article.pml;jsessionid=0FE498C3E078D290EC221AA78B9676B1.uw-portal3?guid=18042164

A princess life is not as spoiled as most think. Princess Marie does not have a bevy of court ladies, who meets her smallest wishes. Just as she does not walk around with a crown on her head all the time.
In today's daily life as a princess is so much from fairy tales and cartoons, as it possibly can be. So tells the Princess Marie to the morning newspaper Jyllands-Posten.

- Life as a princess is certainly different than in fairytales. My husband was not a frog, when I kissed him first. Princesses now works. They are more independent in their choices. They have of course a big responsibility to represent the royal family. We want to help wherever we can and work for our country. It's something I do with pleasure, explains Princess Marie about her life as a princess.

The article will also tell how the princess and prince shared their lives between daily life in the marshes of southern Jutland and life in Copenhagen. Here, the couple have an apartment at Amalienborg.

- I love the city and to have contact with many people, but I really need to be in nature, and be protected. We are often at Amalienborg Palace in Copenhagen in connection with meetings and official functions. I feel I have the best of both worlds, says Princess Marie about her life in the capital, respectively, and the village Møgeltønder.

When the couple is staying at Schackenborg in Møgeltønder in Jutland, their lives like others. They get up early in the morning, Marie cooks breakfast for the small family, taking her son Henry of almost three years in day care and go back to the office, located on the castle's first floor.

- Schackenborg is a business that requires a great effort and much of our time. Additionally I have many meetings with the patronage and cooperation organizations across the country and especially in Copenhagen. We spend a whole lot of time traveling back and forth. So when we're at home, there's a lot to do with the operation of Schackenborg says Princess Marie.

Here she reveals also that in contrast to Prince Joachim, is Marie's knowledge of agriculture meager.
- Besides my patronage and official duties, I also focus on Schackenborg. My husband and I work a lot together. I work more on the business side, because I do not have much experience from agriculture. But we exchange views, talk about strategies and new products. It is team work, reveals Princess Marie.

When the couple is not working, they spend their spare time together. They enjoy the flat marshland that surrounds the three-winged, white castle in Møgeltønder miles, go for walks and cook together.

- Meals are very important, also for Henry and we love to cook together. Is it really bad weather, we can see a movie and read a book when we have time, but we do not have much time. Time is a precious good, so it is important to prioritize, says the princess.

It is understood well, Princess Marie priority. For the article, it also emerged that Prince Joachim's working on Schackenborg rarely ends before 17.30 o'clock.
beline
gossip insider

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 08:40:55 am »

http://kongehuset.dk/Menu/nyheder/det-blev-en-prinsesse

A Princess is born in Denmark ! She is the second child for Princess Marie, ad the fourth one for Prince Joachim. A sister for Princes Nicolai, Feix and Henrik.
lothwen
Duchess

Hello. My name is Lothwen, and I am a Harryaholic

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 08:43:40 am »

congratulations to the couple!  That little girl is going to be so spoiled  sigh

I\\\'m not going to defend myself against these accusations of \\\"playing both sides.\\\"  If you want to know how I feel about Kate and William, read my posts.  If you want further proof, go to the \\\"other forum\\\" and read my posts there.  I have the same user name for both forums.
HC
Countess

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 09:50:35 am »

The pressrelease says:

Birthtime 24. januar 2012 kl. 8.27 in Copenhagen.

weight: 2930 gr., lenght: 49 cm.

Mother and child are fine.

His royal highness Prince Joachim was present during the whole birth.

HC
Countess

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 10:41:45 am »

Video of the father

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2012/1/Stolt%20prins%20Joachim%20det%20blev%20en%20pige.aspx
Byechoc
Countess

Nothing happens by accident. everything was a ....

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 03:59:26 pm »

loveshower So good news... I just hoope she will be so beautiful like her mum!

In life nothing happens by accident. we must remember that there are no good that lasts forever. And evil that never ends. God works in mysterious ways. So I just have to accept what happens because we do not know what we gain by things go this way. Not always what initially seems an award is the. This happens when we fall in love, when we found out a new job when a friend disappears or when someone leaves for ever.
HC
Countess

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2012, 04:05:24 pm »

The newspaper Berlingske gives the readers an opportunity to guess the name. (Not all guesses are rude)

http://www.b.dk/berlingske-forum/hvad-kommer-den-lille-prinsesse-til-at-hedde
HC
Countess

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2012, 05:01:23 pm »

Name expert Michael Lerche Nielsen makes guess at first name. He thinks it could be Philippa/Filippa!

He also mentions Nicoline, Johanne or Emma

http://www.bt.dk/royale/navneforsker-det-skal-den-nye-prinsesse-hedde
Lieblich
Baroness

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2012, 05:05:52 pm »

loveshower loveshower loveshower
 newyear
HC
Countess

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2012, 05:27:22 pm »

Astrologer: a genius is born
http://www.seoghoer.dk/Nyheder/Royalt/Prinsessens%20horoskop.aspx
HC
Countess

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2012, 08:45:41 pm »

CP Mary and Frederik visit the newborn princess.

Video
http://www.bt.dk/royale/margrethe-og-prinserne-besoeger-den-nye-prinsesse
HC
Countess

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2012, 02:43:14 pm »

Video of Marie and Joachim leaving the hospital with the newborn babygirl.

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2012/1/Video%202.aspx

And Marie is actually saying 3 or more sentences in danish.

"Little Henrik hopes she want to play with cars" and then something I couldn't hear.

Quite a surprise as she gave an interview to the danish magazine "Femina" in english last year I think, and they had to translate the whole thing?!
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2012, 06:36:16 pm »

I thought that Marie had a better knowledge of danish, but then again neither Mary is very proficient.

Who do you think will be the godparents?

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HC
Countess

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2012, 06:46:49 pm »

Actually CP Mary speaks fluently danish. As one can watch in the 9 hour long tv serie about the danish royal family. And she appears frequently in tv where she speaks danish. Par example the live appeal from Horn of Africa on national tv during the national colletion.

P Marie has not been appearing a lot. She spoke at some event at an University where she made a speach in english. And she has read a story for some children also in english. And made an interwiev to a danish magazine last year I think, where the interview was translated from english to danish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: