Royal Gossip
November 20, 2017, 10:43:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Margaret: The Unknown Princess?  (Read 8265 times)
Nighthawk
Princess

« on: March 27, 2011, 11:10:33 pm »

See the 1960 Programme from Princess Margaret's Wedding
http://royalwedding.aol.com/2011/03/09/see-the-1960-wedding-programme-from-princess-margaret-wedding/
We tracked down a copy of the official wedding souvenir programme from Princess Margaret's nuptials, and we've got images of every single page -- all 31 of them! In addition to a detailed description of the wedding ceremony and the attendants, the programme also includes photographs of the bride and groom as well as the princess' older sister, Queen Elizabeth the II and her husband, Prince Philip. There's even a 6-page description of the bride's life and a 2-page description of the groom's life.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 04:44:59 pm »

Did Mick Jagger have an affair with Princess Margaret?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2174622/Did-Rolling-Stones-Mick-Jagger-affair-Princess-Margaret.html

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 10:19:27 pm »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/uk/2002/princess_margaret/default.stm

http://scandalouswoman.blogspot.com.es/2008/01/royal-princess-royal-scandal-sad-life.html

I've just realised we don't have a thread to discuss Margaret's life so please do it here!

Do you think she still loved Townsend?

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Spice
Countess

William and Lupo: the real royal love match

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 12:01:24 am »

I think she still loved him.  But she also loved her husband (at the start) and some of the other men she was with later on.  Maybe she loved the bottle most of all though.  Sad.

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 02:16:50 am »

I am not sure of the depth of her love for Townsend. I think if she really had been set on marrying him she would have, losing place in royal family notwithstanding. I do think her titles would have been restored if she gave them up to marry Townsend--there was no way she'd have any chance to be Queen. I think she felt that her husband was a free spirit and "fun" when she got engaged to him. From what I understand thngs went downhill in the marriage very quickly. I think Margaret raised two normal (for the RF) children who have not been involved in the scandals the Queen's children have gotten involved with. There are rumors of problems in the marriage of her daughter which have not been confirmed nor denied, but no public scandals have taken place.
giamodel60
Countess

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 02:19:24 am »

didn't linley screw the servant or something

If you don't Beleive what I write don't read it. . Please ignore and move on , I'd rather not explain myself to you 100 times !
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 03:14:20 am »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2217049/A-VERY-risque-friendship-She-photographed-naked-He-spied-trysts-lover-A-new-book-lays-bare-Princess-Margarets-riotous-antics-lord-Mustique.html

Flamboyant, extravagant and always hungry for publicity, the self-styled king of Mustique ensured that everyone knew of his unique place in the Princess’s life. But as his lifelong friend, I knew he planned to reveal far more in the uncompleted autobiography I was working on with him just before he died, aged 83, in 2010.

Don't we know all about princess Margaret?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 03:16:30 am by Snokitty » Logged
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 07:54:09 pm »

When I asked Gore about another of his close female friends, Princess Margaret, he said, “She was too bright for her role. It was a tough role—thankless! When she got bad press and deserved to be smacked down, I think she could take it. But when it wasn’t deserved, she’d tell me, ‘Look, you’re the younger sister of the Queen, who is the source of honor, grace, righteousness, and all that is good. You’re not going to be understood, so you just have to take it and accept that there’s nobody who understands a word you’re saying.’

“She was really better at politics than the Queen,” he continued. “Once, the Queen had gone to Australia to open a can of peas or something, and Margaret suggested that she open Parliament while she was there. I mean, she is the Queen of Australia and Canada too.”

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2013/02/gore-vidal-beloved-women-susan-sarandon

memyselfandroyals
Countess

Good and bad things return

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 12:31:30 am »

I admire her, don't know why. she was soooo beautiful!Her wedding day ... her wedding dress ... simply perfect loveshower

All my comments/posts are only assumptions, thoughts and belifs. I don't make affirmations about facts i don't know about.

Jane23
Princess

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 12:50:37 pm »

Her antics would make Harry blush but I love her !!! She was beautiful  flirt.
berlin
Countess

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 05:20:13 pm »

I wish she were educated better.  She probably could have done more with her life.  She's still a mystery to me.  But I know that the QM did a disservice to her daughters by not allowing them more rigorous education.
Mon Roi Henry IX
Countess

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 12:09:14 am »

Berlin ,
In the book "The Queen Mother: The Untold Story of Elizabeth Bowes Lyon, Who Became Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother " ( long title I know)  it says, that her mother also did not believe in educating daughters.  
She strongly disdained education for children as she did not think it important. Therefore it is no wonder that Margaret nor the Queen were not educated as they could and should had been.
The book is excellent and an eye opener! You'll never again look at that particular monarchy the same after reading it. IMO... It is well written and interesting until last page. A long read too. This book is not available in the U.K. due what is said there about QEII's mother.
Spice
Countess

William and Lupo: the real royal love match

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 12:42:51 am »

I think that despite their poor academic education, they both learnt a lot from "the university of life".  In terms of history, political science, literature, art etc, HM would beat the pants off any degree-qualified person. 

IMO,  in addition to being an alcoholic, Margaret was also a battered wife.  I think she was drinking as a way to cope with her problems, as so many people do.  I don't criticise her for it, I'm just saying she clearly drank too much, and it led to her ill health and her death before her time.  Given the longevity of QEQM and QEII, Margaret would have lived longer if she hadn't smoked and drank so much.

I think she decided against marrying Townsend because she would lose her allowance, and she couldn't cope with that.  I'm sure she was also pressured about the 1936 abdication crisis,  which was still so fresh in everyone's minds.  She adored her father and knew what it had done to him.  Despite complaining about HM getting all the glory, she also loved her sister immensely throughout her life.

I think she was a talented and special person.  And she had the good sense to combine her trips to Mustique with engagements in the UK Caribbean territories and commonwealth realms.  She did work, in the UK and overseas, more than William ever has and ever will, I'm afraid.

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
berlin
Countess

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2013, 04:14:44 am »

I think if Margaret were more educated she'd have realized that there were more choices in life.  Thanks for the book recommendation Mon Roi Henry IX.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2013, 07:32:17 am »

IMO,  in addition to being an alcoholic, Margaret was also a battered wife.  I think she was drinking as a way to cope with her problems, as so many people do.  I don't criticise her for it, I'm just saying she clearly drank too much, and it led to her ill health and her death before her time.  Given the longevity of QEQM and QEII, Margaret would have lived longer if she hadn't smoked and drank so much.

I think she decided against marrying Townsend because she would lose her allowance, and she couldn't cope with that.  I'm sure she was also pressured about the 1936 abdication crisis,  which was still so fresh in everyone's minds.  She adored her father and knew what it had done to him.  Despite complaining about HM getting all the glory, she also loved her sister immensely throughout her life.

Her first husband was a monster to her and she made the biggest mistake of her life in marrying him. Too bad HM was too selfish to step in and help her out. Margaret wasn't raised in a practical manner, she wasn't raised like everyone else. Even during her time working class women were discouraged from lifelong careers. So stepping away would have been a huge, huge change and one that she might not have handled. Antony was an abusive hypocrite who chafed at being an appendage, but he knew how it would be like and took full advantage of his position as Margaret's husband. She was dealt an unfair hand in life and she deserved better.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Mon Roi Henry IX
Countess

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2013, 04:55:33 pm »

Margaret was rude, arrogant and a drunk. The well-known diarist, Sir Roy Strong, called her "tiresome, spoilt, idle and irritating. She has no direction, no overriding interest".

It has been alledged she treated some ambassadorial residences as if they were private hotels that she was informally banned. In the United States she told the Mayor of Chicago that the Irish were "pigs". Needless, to say the Mayor left angry. She denied it, and when her private secretary, Lord Napier, raised the subject, she told him with a wink that what she had said was 'the Irish danced jigs'.
She was quite rude another time, when she just opened some old people's bungalows, where she insulted the caterers by saying that the coronation chicken looked "like sick".
Another time she asked a man to open his hand and proceeded to place her cigarette ashes on this man's hand. Why? because there was no ashtray close by. Arggh!!! she was so humilliating towards people.
'Her language was atrocious. Once, when kept waiting too long, she turned to a servant and shouted:" Where are my f*****g cigarettes?" said James Whittaker.

Excerpts from a column of James Whittaker:

"Even in a swimsuit, PM expected to be addressed as Your Royal Highness, while any woman who didn't curtsy properly, even on the beach, was in big trouble."YET, at the same time, the language at table and around the pool was risqué with a steady diet of  dirty stories told in lurid detail and followed by peals of raucous laughter".

"One of her favourite villains was John Bindon, a man I knew from dodgydodgy gambling clubs, whom had served time at one of HM's prisons. His party piece was balancing a half- pint of beer on his penis. The Princess loved that one".

IMO...IF KM would do half the rude and humilliating things that Margaret did she would be crucified upside down by the press and the rest of us.
When it comes to Margaret and her father Philip, somehow, someway the people find excsuses for them and find them trés amusant!

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Princess+Margaret%3a+The+Party+Princess+-+Her+REAL+story+by+James...-a082727179
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 05:02:33 pm by Mon Roi Henry IX » Logged
berlin
Countess

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2013, 05:00:14 pm »

Does William act like this?
Mon Roi Henry IX
Countess

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2013, 05:04:33 pm »

Berlin  Hi,
I have no idea but if he does he is despicable and not suited (in the future) to be a King for his people.
Wait... I just remembered...there was a poster in another forum ( Enclave 24) that had said William got all haughty because someone had not removed their sunglasses in his presence and that she had witnessed that event and it was a day that was very hot and sunny. Arrrghh! Some of these royals really tick me off with their self-entitlement of grandeur.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 05:11:57 pm by Mon Roi Henry IX » Logged
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2013, 06:33:06 pm »

Margaret was rude, arrogant and a drunk. The well-known diarist, Sir Roy Strong, called her "tiresome, spoilt, idle and irritating. She has no direction, no overriding interest".

It has been alledged she treated some ambassadorial residences as if they were private hotels that she was informally banned. In the United States she told the Mayor of Chicago that the Irish were "pigs". Needless, to say the Mayor left angry. She denied it, and when her private secretary, Lord Napier, raised the subject, she told him with a wink that what she had said was 'the Irish danced jigs'.
She was quite rude another time, when she just opened some old people's bungalows, where she insulted the caterers by saying that the coronation chicken looked "like sick".
Another time she asked a man to open his hand and proceeded to place her cigarette ashes on this man's hand. Why? because there was no ashtray close by. Arggh!!! she was so humilliating towards people.
'Her language was atrocious. Once, when kept waiting too long, she turned to a servant and shouted:" Where are my f*****g cigarettes?" said James Whittaker.

Excerpts from a column of James Whittaker:

"Even in a swimsuit, PM expected to be addressed as Your Royal Highness, while any woman who didn't curtsy properly, even on the beach, was in big trouble."YET, at the same time, the language at table and around the pool was risqué with a steady diet of  dirty stories told in lurid detail and followed by peals of raucous laughter".

"One of her favourite villains was John Bindon, a man I knew from dodgydodgy gambling clubs, whom had served time at one of HM's prisons. His party piece was balancing a half- pint of beer on his penis. The Princess loved that one".

IMO...IF KM would do half the rude and humilliating things that Margaret did she would be crucified upside down by the press and the rest of us.
When it comes to Margaret and her father Philip, somehow, someway the people find excsuses for them and find them trés amusant!

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Princess+Margaret%3a+The+Party+Princess+-+Her+REAL+story+by+James...-a082727179

thumbsup   goodpost
mysha
Countess

What should have been

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2013, 04:18:24 pm »

Princess Margaret, AKA Slaggy Maggie wasn’t afraid to put it about a bit either. She too was an alcoholic. There are far too many tales of scandal surrounding Slaggy Maggie(SM) to detail them all in this article but it is a fact that she had a penchant for married men and gangsters. Never the less, with SM being the naughty sister (not easy to achieve with such stiff opposition), I think we need to look at the more juicer ones.

In the early 1970’s a gang of criminals tunnelled their way into the Baker St branch of Lloyds bank. Once inside, the gang made off with 268 safety deposit boxes, thought to contain over £5Million at today’s prices.

Unfortunately for all concerned, the gang were quickly apprehended.  What then followed was a massive cover up which saw a blanket ban on the press reporting details of the crime (proof of how the media are gagged as and when it suits the Royal family). Finally, in 2008 – 6 yrs after SM’s death – The Daily Mirror grew a backbone (Or they were given permission) and released details of the crime.

Bear in mind that the Mirror Group PLC is part of the Corporate owned mainstream media and as such, the full and frank details will have more than certainly been played down. Never the less, this is what they had to say on the matter:

“Despite massive interest in the crime, details about the loot and the criminals responsible were immediately suppressed by MI5 and senior government officials.

Speculation quickly arose that compromising sexual photographs of the Queen’s sister, the late Princess Margaret, had been uncovered in the bank vault. It was rumoured they had been stashed away by well-known underworld figure Michael X. A drug dealer and Black Power leader, he was convicted of murder and hanged in Trinidad in 1975. A government file on him will remain closed until 2054 (Ask yourself why – Spivey).

The Mirror can for the first time reveal that Fleet Street editors of the day were approached directly by senior government officials and told to drop the story.

The four men caught, charged and convicted of the raid went to jail without ever having their names mentioned in the press, and to this day their identities and the circumstances of their capture remain secret. Even the lengths of their sentences are still shrouded in mystery”.

Now, that kind of ‘sweeping under the carpet’ doesn’t happen for a few saucy snap shots does it. However, as you carry on reading the article more murky details begin to emerge:

“One of the men, in his 70s, has spoken to the Mirror from his home in Europe. The ex-gang member said he was terrified to discover one box belonged to the-then head of the judiciary.

He said: “It was owned by Quintin Hogg, the Lord Chancellor.

When we opened it we dropped it on the floor like it was a time bomb. We didn’t want to take anything that might give us extra trouble so we left it. All we wanted was cash and jewels.”

But the gang didn’t have time to go through all of the stash and ended up taking some sensitive material.

The ex-raider, who refused to be identified, said last night: “When we got out we realised we had a lot more than we’d bargained for[...] At the time of the robbery, in September 1971, Princess Margaret’s marriage to the Earl of Snowdon was in its final stages.

In the 60s and 70s she was known to party hard on the Caribbean island of Mustique, where she was famously pictured with lover Roddy Llewellyn, a landscape gardener 17 years her junior.

She is said to have taken snaps of male friends frolicking naked but it is not known if any were ever taken of her [...] when we asked the ex-raider he refused to deny the rumours. He said: “I can’t talk about that. But we did find a lot of guns.

And what was most disturbing was the child pornography we found.

We were disgusted and left it in their open boxes so police could trace the owners”.

The Daily Mail may however, have inadvertently clarified the rumour surrounding the Photograph’s of the naked men frolicking, in an article they did on Princess SM following her death.

The article told of the wild parties that she was so fond of hosting and mentioned one in particular in which:

“The landscape gardener, Roddy Llewellyn, Colin Tennant, and Nicholas Courtney all stripped naked and were photographed by Margaret”.

As you may have also noticed, I underlined the words that the Bank Robber used in the Daily Mirror article pertaining to his reply as to the boxes contents; “I can’t talk about that”.

Those words strongly back up what I believe to be true about people being left in no doubt as to what will happen to them if they blab.

Look at the facts surrounding the case logically – A major cover up took place, with the Mirror admitting themselves that the media were gagged at the time. Usually, catching those responsible for such a major Robbery would have been excellent PR for the Police and been headline news for weeks. You only have to look at the Great Train Robbery to know that.

Then when ‘some’ of the details of the Bank Robbery are finally released after 35 years, the gang member being interviewed about it still wishes to remain anonymous.

Furthermore, he is still too scared to talk about exactly what it was that they found. Why? After all, the man has done his time so there is nothing to stop him potentially making £Millions from whatever it was that he and his accomplices  discovered… Yet all he has to say is  “I can’t talk about that”. I find that very, very strange.

Neither is that the first time that people with information pertaining to the Royal Family have been scared into silence. As this article pointed out earlier, James Hewitt was left in no doubt as to what would happen if he decided to ‘spill the beans’.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: