Royal Gossip
June 25, 2019, 07:23:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So will Kate 'obey'? Royal bride may follow Diana's lead and drop the ancient vo  (Read 831 times)
Nighthawk
Princess

« on: March 26, 2011, 01:42:22 am »

So will Kate 'obey'? Royal bride may follow Diana's lead and drop the ancient vow
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1370127/So-Kate-obey-Royal-bride-follow-Dianas-lead-drop-ancient-vow.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
Kate Middleton may decline the option to ‘obey’ her husband when she chooses her wedding vows.

In a move that would follow Princess Diana’s lead, she might pledge only ‘to love and to cherish’ Prince William after the Archbishop of Canterbury indicated that the centuries-old tradition is sexist and outdated.

Yesterday royal aides said that the couple have chosen which version of the vows they will use on April 29, but want to keep their decision under wraps.

But Archbishop Rowan Williams, who will marry the couple at Westminster Abbey and has discussed the vows with them, has given a clue about his advice.

Guidelines published by the Archbishops’ Council and backed by its president, Dr Williams, warned that a wife promising to ‘obey’ her husband – but not vice versa – is an archaic notion and could even be used to justify domestic violence.
The Chocolate Princess
Administrator

A chocolate a day keeps the doctor away!

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 02:04:03 am »

Oh pleeeeeezzze bored3
The article talks about the role of a modern woman hall-Spell-check how the women are equal to men nowadays and there should be two equal partners in a marriage hall-Spell-check BUT they seem to forget that Kate lives like a girl from the 1950's wopedo She is the lazy kinda girl that bags a rich man and takes stick from the media for years, letting her self get dubbed "royal dormat" and "Waity Katie" until she finally got the engagement ring. She and her family took every beating with a smile for 8 long years just so Kate will end up as a housewife. I say she should use the word "obey" because that's exactly what she does! I like to call the things by their name!  Angry   However the palace wants toportray them as a modern couple so I am sure they will use the 'edited' new version of the vows eating cookies

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 02:28:40 am »

Most girls in the fifties didn't behave the way she has and if they did beahve like Kate, they wouldn't be marrying a Prince, they would be working in a brothel. Grace Kelly only got away with it, but she was skilled at keeping her image clean. Secondly, as for obedience, Kate will want to make up for lost time and start throwing her weight around and I am more than sure that nice girls had actual skills, not jsut spreading their legs. If they stayed demurely at home, they didn't go out clubbing and jet setting around and I am more than sure, that if they tried, their fathers would horsewhip them. There is no way that a fifties girl, a 'nice' one, would dare go out jet setting and it's not like she's a 'nice' girl just because she doesn't work and ahs heavily mortgaged money to spend. One way or another, I am sure that Kate would be on the 'wrong' side of the tracks in every respect.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: