Royal Gossip
September 22, 2017, 05:36:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What If Kate Wanted To Back Out?  (Read 3155 times)
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2017, 06:38:28 am »

In the CoE it isn't done to clap in church so no clapping at the end of the service is fine. Other denominations do things differently but in the UK in the CoE clapping is not the normal or accepted procedure.

I watched this video and it seemed fairly normal to me - a few bows as each of them left but not the waves that there used to be in the past when everyone curtsied or bowed to all royals.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2017, 07:30:00 am »

I agree with Mememee and Rosella - you do not clap at a Church service - it is inappropriate.  There were certainly plenty of cheers when they came outside of the Abbey. 
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2017, 09:15:14 pm »

We wouldn't do that in our Church either. Presbyterian Church of Scotland. Hell and damnation type of Church.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2017, 09:41:30 pm »

I wonder how different things would be if in fact she had backed out.

I THINK if she hadn't been so dependent on her parents, she would have left a long time ago. Her mother was supporting her with the expectation that she would land William, not out the goodness of her heart. If Kate had had money and a place in her own name, she would have been able to walk away. So I think in her own way, Kate was trapped. She didn't want to start out in the world with nothing, but hadn't made provision for her own secure future.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2017, 11:26:14 pm »

Part of it started when she was 17 and too young to support herself, probably didn't yet know what she wanted to do with her life. That was when she applied for university and chose art history, a degree program for rich kids, not a degree that one can use to support oneself (very few jobs in the field). Then she took a gap year when William did so she could start at the same time as him, planning to either marry him or one of his friends.

I remember hearing about Bonfire Night I think it was 2005. She and William had had one of their many early breakups, William had cheated on her, and the family cheered when they kissed and got back together. She had a useless degree and her parents probably weren't going to support her unless she was with William. I guess she could have gotten a regular job and lived in a low-price neighborhood, but she was not used to it. She would have had to learn to budget her money, deal with living in a smaller space, and in a not-as-nice part of town. It would have been very difficult for her, culture shock. Also, being so close to her family, she might not have been willing to give them up, as they likely would have disowned her if she didn't take him back.
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2017, 11:38:05 pm »

goodpost

I also think they would have disowned her too if she didn't take his back.

Plus it would have always been cast up to her that all their misfortunes were HER fault because she was meant to forgive him again and again for 'playing away from home'. (Being unfaithful).

In other words being emotionally blackmailed by her 'blood family' and probably emotionally or verbally abused by her now husband.

She should have left when she could. But she chased the ring. Not PW but the ring.

She chose her bed so now she's got to lie in it.
deGuernsey
Baroness

Failte

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2017, 12:36:33 am »

^ The bed she made is a cot in a jail cell and it's time she lay in it. KM and her filthy family belong there for the rest of their pitiful lives. thumbsdown sauer

Barnabe et Kitty...
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2017, 12:43:33 am »

goodpost
I also think they would have disowned her too if she didn't take his back.
Plus it would have always been cast up to her that all their misfortunes were HER fault because she was meant to forgive him again and again for 'playing away from home'. (Being unfaithful).
In other words being emotionally blackmailed by her 'blood family' and probably emotionally or verbally abused by her now husband.
She should have left when she could. But she chased the ring. Not PW but the ring.
She chose her bed so now she's got to lie in it.

I admit, you would think for someone of her ancestry, she would be unafraid of making her own way in life, on her own terms. I am certain that her ancestors would be disgusted with her choices and it's a shame she chose the path that she did. She could have quietly squirreled away money and put up an account in her own name and prepped to bail out and live her own life on her own terms. Instead she chose the worst possible path for her life.

Part of it started when she was 17 and too young to support herself, probably didn't yet know what she wanted to do with her life. That was when she applied for university and chose art history, a degree program for rich kids, not a degree that one can use to support oneself (very few jobs in the field). Then she took a gap year when William did so she could start at the same time as him, planning to either marry him or one of his friends.

Thing is, she didn't want to work, which is the crux of the issue; she started seeking him out at a very young age and made the horrendous mistake of thinking that just because she was on the fringes or going to the same schools, she was part of the set and didn't have to think of the future. Bitter truth is, she was probably one of the crowd and her mother fed her delusions about the reality of how things worked.  They weren't going to wish her ill, but they didn't want to marry her or take her on respectable dates. I got burned in this way and basically I know how it goes; that is what makes it so intolerable to me that she does this to herself and what she's done to other people.

As for the rich kid degree, another major mistake. She LET herself get acclimated to that culture and made the mistake of being determined to be one of the posh crew, unlike in real life, where she should have been groomed to end up getting a practical degree and think practically about her future. As for the rest, she didn't want to build a life starting at the bottom, so she went along with all of it in order to basically enjoy a free ride for life and coast. or so she thought.

As for jobs in the art field, it's good only if you intend on making a business of your own and finding a niche to fill.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
FrederickLouis
courtier

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2017, 09:19:30 pm »

Would Kate have been successful with an art business in London?
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2017, 09:38:19 pm »

I don't think so.

An early engagement with HHm and Camilla, KM famously asked if they still made Faberge egg?

I even know that and my degree was mathematics! So would she have been successful working in an art business? I do  think she would be with what she learned there.

But if she had not hooked up with PW, then she might have had to work to keep her job, and she may well have got a job in that line of work.

Whether she'd keep it or not, bearing in mind the Faberge Eggs question, I don't think she would last long.

Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2017, 10:06:36 pm »

Absolutely not.  That involves working, and we all know Kate is allergic to work.

I haven't played since I stopped
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2017, 10:47:40 pm »

Pity, with her stamina and drive, she could have been running numerous businesses by now.

india
Princess

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2017, 06:44:02 pm »

That's only IF her Ugly Viper moving was motivating her.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2017, 07:34:07 pm »

I think she has enough motivation and energy all her own, she simply refuses to use it. I'm never going to think that she's unmotivated, she's just motivated about what she wants and nothing else. Look at how determinedly that entire family has climbed to the top of the heap.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: