Royal Gossip
April 20, 2019, 05:53:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Old DM article about Highgrove gardens visit  (Read 678 times)
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« on: March 22, 2011, 01:14:30 am »

It's an old DM article on Highgrove gardens  from 2008 but still.
Welcome to one's Highgrove garden
The gardens are open to the public – I've just visited them – and, as for the accusation that Highgrove is a theme park, well, you would be surprised. I was.
Anybody can apply to visit Highgrove. Prearranged groups of up to 25 people can be accommodated between April and October. The visits are largely restricted to garden associations and other groups – but not exclusively.
Whatley Manor had been given permission to offer the places at £99 each (including morning coffee before the garden tour and afterwards a three-course lunch at the hotel's restaurant). So off I went.
Smoking, cameras, binoculars and any form of recording equipment are banned. And don't be fooled at the apparently laid-back country-copper feel.
When one of our party produced a forbidden mobile phone, it was spotted on security cameras in less than a minute and a WPC was rapidly on the spot to tick him off.
Given that the estate is owned by the heir to the throne, it is not surprising that the security is tight. What is surprising is that the public are admitted at all. (No tours, however, can take place when Charles and Camilla are at home.)
I would love to see those gardens one day!  sigh
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-616096/Welcome-ones-Highgrove-garden.html

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 02:20:59 am »

Impressive and definately something to see; Charles has dedicated his life to those gardens.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: