Royal Gossip
October 20, 2017, 11:27:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate Middleton to Ride from her Marriage in Diana's carriage  (Read 7441 times)
Nighthawk
Princess

« on: March 22, 2011, 12:15:02 am »

KATE MIDDLETON TO RIDE FROM HER MARRIAGE IN DIANA’S CARRIAGE
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/235954/Kate-Middleton-to-ride-from-her-marriage-in-Diana-s-carriageKate-Middleton-to-ride-from-her-marriage-in-Diana-s-carriage#ixzz1HHaWpjoi
PRINCE William and Kate ­Middleton plan to leave their ­wedding ceremony in the same fairytale carriage used by Prince Charles and Princess Diana after their 1981 marriage.

The newlyweds will ride in ­triumph in the 1902 State Landau after their Westminster Abbey marriage on their way to Buckingham Palace, just as William’s parents used it when they left St Paul’s Cathedral on their big day.

Royal Household officials announced the arrangements ­yesterday, saying that, unless it is raining, the landau will be used on Friday, April 29.

If the weather is miserable, the couple will travel in the Glass Coach, which both Diana and Sarah Ferguson used to go from Clarence House to their wedding ceremonies. The horse-drawn Glass Coach, built in 1881, has a permanent roof. It was yesterday being cleaned by carriage restorer Dave Evans.

In a break with ­tradition, Kate, 29, will travel to the Abbey in a car – the Rolls-Royce Phantom VI in which Charles and Camilla were attacked by ­student protesters in December.

The claret and black state car, nicknamed Rolls-Royce One, has a clear glass dome at the back, allowing both the expected two billion worldwide TV audience and the million or so expected to line the route to catch a good glimpse of the bride’s dress.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 12:17:00 am »

Please tell me they always use THAT carriage to ride from a wedding! bored3
Because otherwise.... wopedo another link to mummy! (but we DON'T want ppl to compaire the two nooo that would be soo wrong! right William X-Mas_rolleyes)
Besides Diana didn't have a carriage! The state landau belong to the Royal Mews! HM decides which one she loans to Wugly & Kugly for the wedding!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 12:22:46 am by akasha2411 » Logged

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 12:17:06 am »

PRINCE William and Kate ­Middleton plan to leave their ­wedding ceremony in the same fairytale carriage used by Prince Charles and Princess Diana after their 1981 marriage.

For a minute there I thought that Kate would end up leaving in the glass carriage!

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Ella
Countess

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 12:35:55 am »

^She will if it rains. I googled right quick and they've used the 1902 carriage for state visits and other big events, so it's not just "The Wedding Carriage", thankfully.

Either way, I think it's a bad idea to release all of this, with each additional piece of info, I get less and less interested in even clicking on links, much less commenting.  bored3
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 12:42:24 am »

This was reported months ago when the "car travel to the wedding"," return from the wedding to the Palace in carriage" was announced....why is the press making it like a triumph, this was already covered and reported extensively.

To wedding in car (as Sophie did for wedding to Pr.Edward)

From wedding in carriage (as Charles did with Diana)
                                     Sarah did with Andrew
                                     Sophie did w Edward
                                     Autumn did w Peter Phillips

Why is the press trying to make this a big deal, they all return from weddings in carriages.  
(I'll bet Carole is in the background somewhere still vying, begging for that glass carriage)

I saw a reporter on the news from the UK Press, practically breaking out in hives that Kate wasn't given the glass coach.
The Queen knows how to give a lesson....to these bastards.... spy It might be subtle to people who don't follow Royalty, but this is a slap to Kate. IMO

So basically common Kate doesn't go near a carriage until she's married, she rides back to the Palace in a carriage, so did Sophie so did Autumn .....wtf is the press making a big deal about it for.  easter-think
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 12:48:02 am by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 12:45:07 am »

I wonder if the people will throw things at her, like tomatos and lingerie and beer bottles.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 12:47:33 am »

^I think only tomatoes are necessary, KF.  Wasty has plenty of the other two.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 12:48:09 am »

I simply meant the symbolism.

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 12:48:54 am »

no chance to, most of the people on the street in the front rows will be the fkkkkking press.

[/URL]
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2011, 12:51:09 am »

^^I was joking, KF.   flirt

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2011, 12:56:19 am »

Some of the UK press(usual suspects-Katie Nicholl, Ingrid Seward) on US TV are spitting needles that Kate is not being given the glass carriage....it's hilarious to watch them having on camera outbursts over it. WTF....

[/URL]
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2011, 01:00:44 am »

Now, that's just bad research, or perhaps my file is out of whack.  It was PW/KM's CHOICE to take the car and not the carriage.  According to an earlier article re their 'trendiness', HM thought it was inappropriate to use a car and that people expected the 'pomp', but they decided otherwise, to be low-key. Plus, KM didn't want the blasted dress seen until she got inside the Abbey. Didn't HM say to PW, "Are you going to ride to Westminster on a bicycle?", etc......

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2011, 01:09:17 am »

laugh like Kate would turn down a glass carriage.....it wasn't offered to her, that's the gist of it.

The Queen is simply doing what was done for Pr. Edward and Sophie.....car to......carriage from.

The press and Carole just needs to get over it.  laugh

Can't wait to see the headlines after the wedding "Why Kate decide NOT to be a Princess!"  laugh

future press release: In keeping with the low key tone Prince William and Catherine wanted for their wedding, Catherine decided being a Princess just wasn't appropriate in these hard times. As HRH Duchess......whatever......yada yada yada  hall-whistle

(I can see it now..)  X-Mas_rolleyes
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 01:13:55 am by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
Kezza
Baroness

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2011, 10:50:15 am »

I wonder if anyone will turn up for the wedding apart from the press and the tragics. easter-James

You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, which doesn't say much for you.

The Chocolate Princess
Administrator

A chocolate a day keeps the doctor away!

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2011, 11:40:30 am »

BUT WHY?
I thouhgt Kate had to travel to Westminster Abbey by car for security issues. Why is she riding in an open carriage afterwards? That doesn't make sense! wellduh

I wonder if the people will throw things at her, like tomatos and lingerie and beer bottles.
What would happen if someone thows tomatoes at her? Can they get sued? And for what? Will you only pay like 1 Pounds for the insult? Just curious....

anybody interested to meet in London in the end of April.... hall-whistle

mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2011, 12:07:28 pm »

The spin is this

Kate wanted to arrive in a car then leave in the carriage to show her transition from Commoner to Princess.

Although we all know that is rubbish

Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2011, 02:40:12 pm »

Royal Wedding: Kate's car and coaches being lovingly repaired for the big day
http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.com/prince-william-and-kate-middleton/20110322587/kate-middleton-prince-william/royal-wedding-carriages-cars/transport/1/
MOSAIC
Duchess

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2011, 05:35:33 pm »

Does anyone know if the carriage being mooted for Mugly and Fugly not the Irish State Coach.  I was pretty sure that this was what HMQ and PP used, then there is the glass coach.  Oh dear I hope she doesn't get that.  On the other hand it is a security risk to have the carriage open.  Perfectly possible to have it enclosed.  Now she must be praying for rain in order to get the glass coach aaarh!!!
Wombat
Baroness

Harry's got a big gun..

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2011, 11:07:23 pm »

The spin is this

Kate wanted to arrive in a car then leave in the carriage to show her transition from Commoner to Princess.
That's it in a nutshell thumbsup

Kate Middleton "a diabolical creature. A plastic bag blowing through the streets has more personality"
Grace and Diana Fan
Baroness

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2011, 05:22:59 am »

Oh, for heavens sake, she did not want to arrive in a car, and we all know that. She didn't lie on her back for 10 years for a car ride. The Glass Coach, or the Irish State Coach was her dream ride. More than likely, that was probably William's idea.

eightball
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 05:30:42 am by Grace and Diana Fan » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: