Royal Gossip
June 25, 2018, 07:04:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and Photos of the Japanese RF  (Read 17546 times)
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2018, 11:04:50 am »

"Tabloids say possible family financial troubles linked to Princess Mako’s fiance behind marriage delay

The abrupt announcement that Princess Mako’s formal engagement and marriage to her fiance will be delayed has sparked speculation of reasons other than the official version.

The Imperial Household Agency’s said Tuesday that the princess and law firm worker Kei Komuro, both 26, will wait until 2020, citing “lack of preparation.”

She is not the first female member of the Imperial family to postpone marriage-related ceremonies, but most of her predecessors made their decisions amid extraordinary circumstances such as natural disasters.

Sayako Kuroda — the former Princess Nori, the only daughter of Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko — was supposed to announce her engagement in November 2004. However, she postponed it to Dec. 18 after a powerful earthquake hit Niigata Prefecture in October, killing 40 people and forcing more than 100,000 others to be evacuated to shelters. After Princess Takamatsu, an aunt of the Emperor, passed away on Dec. 18, the announcement was further pushed back to Dec. 30, after her funeral.

Following last year’s torrential rains in Kyushu, the Imperial Household Agency also delayed the announcement of Princess Mako and Komuro’s engagement, which was originally scheduled for July 8, 2017, by around two months.

But the unprecedented delay of their wedding ceremony has left many people perturbed, as it has hindered preparation for the ceremony, which had been set to take place on Nov. 4 at the Imperial Hotel in Tokyo.

The princess and Komuro had planned to become formally engaged on March 4 in a traditional court ceremony called Nosai no Gi.

The delay comes as news of Komuro’s financial troubles began appearing in tabloids. The weekly magazine Shukan Josei reported in December that Komuro’s mother had borrowed more than ¥4 million from her former partner and hadn’t returned the money yet. The report suggested she had used the money for living expenses and to cover her son’s tuition and expenses for studying abroad. The news also has made headlines this year in the weekly magazines Shukan Shincho and Shukan Bunshun.

The magazines also reported that Komuro’s father died when Komuro was an elementary school student, and that his mother relied on her then-boyfriend for financial support.

The articles said that after breaking off the relationship, the man issued a written document demanding that Komuro’s mother pay him back. The article said she refused, claiming she had received the money as a gift.

The tabloid reports have sparked concerns over the man the princess has chosen to marry, calling into question whether they will tie the knot.

Agency official Takaharu Kachi, however, said that the intention of the two to get married has not changed and that the decision to postpone the marriage was not related to the tabloid magazine reports on financial issues surrounding Komuro’s family.

Another agency official, Shinichiro Yamamoto, said, “It’s the couple’s decision whether to marry, and we are not in a position to comment on family troubles.”

However, a third agency official said the negative reports regarding Komuro have been destroying the festive mood, and “We need to wait until things calm down.”

Another senior agency official said the postponement should be seen in a positive light: “If there is any trouble, it should be resolved, and then the two should get married. Time can be used to further strengthen their bonds.” "

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2018/02/07/national/tabloids-say-possible-family-financial-troubles-linked-princess-makos-fiance-behind-marriage-delay/
beline
courtier

« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2018, 02:55:46 pm »

Poor Princess Mako. She looked so happy during her engagement interview, saying she was looking forward to be married and create a home full of joy and smiles (her terms).
 Now it looks like she won't make it to the altar anytime soon and in any case, not with Kei Komuro.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2018, 06:02:32 pm »

The Imperial Household agency is bat shyte crazy, no wonder the crown princess had a nervous breakdown, they are totally nuts! Makes the Brits look über modern in comparison blink It's like the IHA owns the family!!  blink

Is Princess Mako of Japan’s wedding officially off?

[...] Upon the announcement in early February, many began to wonder if the wedding would indeed ever take place. According to a new report by The Times, the postponement was a planned “phased break-up” that was “designed to avoid loss of face.”

A source in Japanese Prime Minister Shinzō Abe’s office said to magazine Shukan Gendai, “This is a cancellation…Kei will be urged to ‘voluntarily withdraw’.” They added that this would take place around the Emperor’s abdication next year.

Jeff Kingston of Tokyo’s Temple University remarked, “The IHA does not let the royals make decisions because they are symbols. And as symbols, they should be unblemished. Kei Komuro is seen as a blemish.”

The reason for the end of the engagement? As had been rumoured earlier this month, it is claimed that it surrounds Kei’s lack of disclosing his family’s financial situation to Mako’s father, Prince Akishino after rumours began circulating. As Princess Mako would no longer be a member of the Imperial Family, Kei, who has worked as a legal assistant, would be expected to support his wife and family.

Shukan Gendai also reported that Kei met Mako’s father six times after the financial rumours began circulating. Kei reportedly told the Prince that he did not know about any financial problems of his mother and the claim against her. This was later proved to be untrue.

His financial situation has been the subject of rumours for months including a claim that his mother owed her former partner £29,000 for the latter funding Kei’s university education.

The Times was told by a veteran royal journalist that is Kei was expecting to receive money from Mako, then he was mistaken, and it was “totally wrong.” Additionally, Princess Mako would receive 150 million yen of taxpayer money; however, this was to “cover security and to retain Mako’s dignity as an ex-member of the imperial family.”

The Imperial Household of Japan was quoted in the magazine saying that this amounts to “marriage fraud.” "

http://royalcentral.co.uk/international/japan/is-princess-mako-of-japans-wedding-officially-off-96871

Money worries spell the end for Princess Mako of Japan’s engagement

When the eldest grandchild of Emperor Akihito announced her engagement to a commoner last year her fiancé introduced himself to the world as “a simple man, probably on the dull side”.

When Princess Mako unexpectedly postponed their betrothal ceremony this month citing a “lack of preparation”, the Japanese public began to wonder if Kei Komuro was more colourful than he had claimed. [...] "

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/money-worries-may-spell-the-end-for-japanese-princess-s-engagement-c3cfk77hc
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2018, 07:13:36 pm »

I am surprised akishino let her daughter engagement knowing what would happen. Or he thinks they wouldnt find out.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2018, 09:19:19 pm »

Who knows what they were thinking, but the money his mother (not even he himself!!) borrowed and owes to her ex-husband, namely his father I suppose(?), isn't all that much, ca. 40,000 US$. The imperial family could have made this go away quietly and settled the debt. Also, she used the money for her son's education and apparently to keep a roof over her head and food on the table, so hardly drugs, gambling or designer gear/ shopping. Or should I saytheir son's education, seems the father could more or less easily spare the money if he was able and willing to lend it, and as it's his child's education it shouldn't be handled as if some bank is owed this pittance (I say pittance, as it certainly is a pittance for someone like the imperial family). I'm not saying the father should pony up or whatever, it is between them how they handle money and debt and their relationship, but it is "internal" and hardly "official" (shark loan, bank etc etc).
I find this beyond ridiculous.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2018, 10:09:23 pm »

they just didn't want Princess Mako to marry Kei Komuro

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2018, 10:21:37 pm »

The IHA make the BRF courtiers look like bunny rabbits.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2018, 10:33:35 pm »

^ This made me laugh! Seriously, they have no idea how good they have it, moaning Myrtle Bill & Harry and all the others should get their heads out of their a*ses and get real for once.
They not only have it better than the average Joe, even some of their peers have a totally shyte life thanks to antiquated rules etc.

^^ Considering how strict, fanatical and crazy the IHA is, this little debt and this story could be true to a T. On the other hand it is possible they don't like Kei and wanted to get rid of him by hook or crook, but they should have seen to it before the engagement.

Anyway, what does it matter to them really anyway, she's "just" a woman and once married, out forever and a private citizen, hardly a "blemish" then on the "holy" and "Godly" "Imperial" family.

The IHA is in the dark ages and refuses to see the light, that's what's up. Crazy, I just can't get over it blink Shocked sly
I have read how crazy and antiquated they are, but never dug too deeply in and this just has me super shocked!!
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2018, 10:39:31 pm »

It didn't surprise me. Knowing how under the thumb most members of the Imperial Family, even the Emperor, are, then as soon as there was movement in the press about the fiance's mother, I thought he's done for. The Imperial Household Agency won't stand for it. Look at the way the Crown Princess has been treated and viewed over the years.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2018, 10:55:20 pm »

^ This made me laugh! Seriously, they have no idea how good they have it, moaning Myrtle Bill & Harry and all the others should get their heads out of their a*ses and get real for once.
They not only have it better than the average Joe, even some of their peers have a totally shyte life thanks to antiquated rules etc.

Gratitude is not a strong point of the BRF; even now the courtiers are blamed by the BRF for all their 'miseries.'

^^ Considering how strict, fanatical and crazy the IHA is, this little debt and this story could be true to a T. On the other hand it is possible they don't like Kei and wanted to get rid of him by hook or crook, but they should have seen to it before the engagement.

Anyway, what does it matter to them really anyway, she's "just" a woman and once married, out forever and a private citizen, hardly a "blemish" then on the "holy" and "Godly" "Imperial" family.

The IHA is in the dark ages and refuses to see the light, that's what's up. Crazy, I just can't get over it blink Shocked sly
I have read how crazy and antiquated they are, but never dug too deeply in and this just has me super shocked!!

I do think this is kind of how the JRF has managed to survive though; the courtiers have admittedly worked hard at making sure that the JRF does not end up like so many other monarchies with their attendant scandals.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2018, 11:14:28 pm »

Yeah, that is true. Certainly no drug scandals or any other kind of scandals many houses of today have had.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2018, 11:24:55 pm »

I do think that if there is a mess financially, then it's best to call this off rather than continue and have the princess burdened with a husband who has messy finances. I do know that it's not romantic, but it's better this way. I don't think the IHA is cruel in this instance, but brutally pragmatic. If this is just a way to sabotage happiness, I daresay that the IHA are showing their sadism again. I do think that the BRF courtiers should be shown more appreciation for their hard work that they do; as far as I'm able to see, the courtiers only want their royals to be royal and basically I do not think that keeping clean friendships makes a person uptight. I read that during WWII the Japanese courtiers did not allow the Imperial Family to eat luxury foods and the Emperor at the same food as the soldiers at the front did.

HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2018, 05:30:11 am »

Shesh! If only they had looked into all of this before an engagement was officially announced.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2018, 01:10:12 pm »

I wouldn't call this financially irresponsible or a financial mess. It is akin to a student loan, only Kei's mother borrowed the money from her ex-husband, I suppose it's Kei's father. And the sum is fairly small, esp compared to many other student loans in other countries. She didn't borrow the money to feed her or Kei's addiction or whatever, it's so he could go study. Again, it is utterly ridiculous.
The highlight would be if Mako and Kei eloped. The IHA can shove it!!
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2018, 08:15:21 pm »

I understood it was not Kei father.

This may have been played by the RF because they dont want her to marry him. Or by the heir to make Akishino look bad. Or by Akishino because he doesnt want the daughter to marry and lose the rf lifestyle.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2018, 06:46:29 pm »

Throne to be moved to Tokyo from Kyoto in Aug for next year's accession

TOKYO

The Imperial Household Agency is arranging to transport by land the huge Takamikura throne to Tokyo from Kyoto around August ahead of next year's ceremony to mark Crown Prince Naruhito's accession to the Chrysanthemum Throne, senior agency officials said Friday.

The 8-ton, 6.5-meter-high canopied throne is expected to be transported by a private company and undergo repairs at the Imperial Palace for the Oct 22 state ritual next year, when the new emperor will ascend to the structure's elevated dais to proclaim his enthronement and receive the felicitations of representatives from home and abroad.

The ceremony will be the key event among a number of enthronement rites to be held in 2019 for the crown prince, 58, who will succeed to the throne the day after Emperor Akihito abdicates on April 30.

The abdication was arranged after the 84-year-old emperor expressed his wish to step down due to his advanced age and weakening health. He will be the first Japanese monarch to relinquish the throne in more than 200 years.

The throne's design is said to represent the mythological descent to Earth of Ninigi, grandson of the sun goddess Amaterasu, to rule over the Japanese archipelago.

Crown Prince Naruhito will be the 126th emperor in the world's oldest hereditary monarchy, believed to stretch back more than 2,600 years, including legendary figures whose existence is disputed.

Past emperors have ascended to the Takamikura throne during their enthronement rites, with use of the throne believed to have begun in the eighth century.

[....]

https://japantoday.com/category/national/throne-to-be-moved-to-tokyo-from-kyoto-in-aug.-ahead-of-accession

pics

https://cdn4.i-scmp.com/sites/default/files/styles/landscape/public/images/methode/2017/07/07/7fedeeac-6242-11e7-badc-596de3df2027_1280x720_190450.jpg?itok=Ygkqj3g7

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/94/60/6e/94606e8331def440fc55c1a4c524eb1e.jpg
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2018, 03:44:24 pm »

¡La nueva princesa de Eton! Aiko de Japón sigue los pasos de los príncipes Guillermo y Harry

La única hija del futuro emperador va a cursar un programa de verano en este prestigioso colegio cercano al Castillo de Windsor

https://www.hola.com/realeza/20180606125227/aiko-japon-estudios-eton/

Aiko to spend a few weeks this summer (end of July and majority of August) at Eton to learn about British culture. She'll board with other students (her 1st time away from home; and 1st time boarding with other students).
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2018, 05:58:40 am »

How neat for her!  flower
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2018, 02:21:36 pm »

Crown prince, princess celebrate silver anniv. ahead of enthronement

TOKYO (Kyodo) -- Crown Prince Naruhito, on the occasion of his 25th wedding anniversary Saturday, expressed resolve to "firmly play the role of emperor as the symbol (of the state) as stipulated in the current Constitution" ahead of his enthronement next May 1.

[...]

https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20180609/p2g/00m/0dm/043000c

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: