Royal Gossip
April 19, 2019, 11:47:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Criminals to scrub London Tube station for royal wedding  (Read 2154 times)
Nighthawk
Princess

« on: March 14, 2011, 06:17:46 pm »

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/news/uk/news/article_1625982.php/Criminals-to-scrub-London-Tube-station-for-royal-wedding
Convicted criminals will be put to work cleaning up a central London Underground (Tube) station to make it sparkle for the April 29 royal wedding, it was announced Monday.

Westminster City Council said it had hired eight convicts - all of whom have chosen to do community work in preference to serving a jail term - to scrub clean the five pedestrian tunnels and entrances to Hyde Park Corner station.

A spokesman said the men had all been sentenced for minor offences, and had undergone background checks.

The centrally-located station is likely to be used by tens of thousands of spectators expected to line the streets along the route of the wedding procession of Prince William and Kate Middleton from Westminster Abbey to Buckingham Palace.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 06:19:54 pm »

Not a bad idea, but I'm still a little leery on using convict labor.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Queenbee
courtier

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 08:50:05 pm »

bet someone escapes

True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 09:47:23 pm »

Do you mean from the wedding party or the convict party?  tehe

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 01:53:22 am »

I hope just from the wedding party hall-whistle

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Wills just disappeared a week before the big day, only to pop up a day after the wedding saying something like: "euhm oops, I overslept a little! sorry! it was a rough bachelor party... hall-whistle"

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 01:55:21 am »

Kate's explosion would make Hiroshima and Nagasaki look like a small bonfire.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 02:05:03 am »

laugh laugh easter-lol easter-lol thumbsup

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
June
Duchess

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 02:19:35 am »

Well, if the shoe fits and all that ...  hall-whistle
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 04:29:00 pm »

If WIlliam ran off with one of the strippers and married the stripper, HM would literally implode into psychosis and Kate would, well, we both know since I already described the reaction of William just ran off.

Spitfire
Countess

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 10:22:27 pm »

So the Middletons are coming by Tube to the Abbey?  There's no reason to clean up Westminster station - I can't quite see the Glass Coach and the four horses (of the Apocalypse?) going down the escalator! 

The ghost of Frances Winchcombe is finding a new house to haunt.  She has reportedly said: "Carole Middleton scares me to death..."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: