Royal Gossip
April 19, 2019, 11:46:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duchess of Cornwall joins female stars for festival celebrating women  (Read 769 times)
Nighthawk
Princess

« on: March 12, 2011, 03:42:48 pm »

Duchess of Cornwall joins female stars for festival celebrating women
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23931345-duchess-of-cornwall-joins-female-stars-for-festival-celebrating-women.do
A three-day celebration of women kicks off at the Southbank Centre today with the official backing of the Duchess of Cornwall.

The Duchess showed her sisterly solidarity by welcoming festival stars including singer Annie Lennox, campaigner Bianca Jagger and author Kate Mosse to Clarence House to show support for the WOW - Women of the World event.

PR executive Lynne Franks, lawyer Helena Kennedy, psychoanalyst Susie Orbach, Band of Gold screenwriter Kay Mellor and writers Kathy Lette and Joanna Trollope were also among who met the Duchess yesterday before joining the programme of mentoring workshops, comedy, music, readings and debates on everything from prostitution to fashion. The festival runs until Sunday.

Organiser Jude Kelly, the Southbank Centre's artistic director, admitted she was "thrilled" the Duchess had thrown her weight behind what is now intended to be an annual event. It was strange no such festival already existed even though it is now a century since the first International Women's Day. But Ms Kelly said: "The zeitgeist called. It's time."

Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 05:43:14 pm »

It is about time the royal women step into the 21st century. And I hope Camilla discreetly enlisted the psychoanalyst to provide services for Kate. ...

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 05:02:41 am »

Good of Camilla to be part of this. Her charities are spot on.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: