Royal Gossip
August 17, 2017, 06:51:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Digging Through Queen Elizabeth's Jewelry Box  (Read 2192 times)
Nighthawk
Princess

« on: March 12, 2011, 04:56:14 am »

Digging Through Queen Elizabeth's Jewelry Box
What Royal Rocks Will Kate Middleton Wear on Her Big Day?
http://abcnews.go.com/International/Royal_Diary_Blog/jewelry-kate-middleton-borrow-queen-elizabeth/story?id=13108554
As Kate Middleton prepares for her wedding on April 29, presumably she is gathering "something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue" for good luck. Typically, the "something borrowed" comes from a married woman and can include jewelry. Good news, Kate, the royal family has jewelry boxes full of tiaras, broaches, necklaces and earrings in every color, shape and size imaginable.

Could Miss Middleton's "something borrowed" be Princess Diana's Cambridge emerald choker made of emeralds and diamonds that she received as a wedding gift from the queen? Diana wore this necklace in 1984 at a charity event in Australia

This Garrard & Co piece consists of 14 emeralds set in platinum and features a large oval emerald in the center surrounded by single layer of white diamonds. On each side of the large emerald sits three medium-size emeralds, also surrounded by white diamonds. Seven smaller emeralds lie in between the medium-size jewels with two diamonds on either side.

Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 05:15:46 am »

Could Miss Middleton's "something borrowed" be Princess Diana's Cambridge emerald choker

Well, why not? She's taken the ring and is poaching Diana's reputation as well.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Lanvin Pearls
Countess

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 01:47:32 am »

UM. (where oh where do I begin with this ??) KUGLY KATE CANNOT handle a gem as gorgeous as an emerald. In fact, ANY gem even a huge CZ will completely WASH OUT her aged, saggy, featureless face. It takes a gorgeous face like Isabella Calthorpe to carry those gems !   screaming
Varya
Super Moderator

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 08:39:28 pm »

Whatever she wears will be forever tarnished for the simple fact that SHE is wearing it.  thumbsdown

Quotes about Waity/Waste-y Katie:
On Kate's so called career and work ethic; a coworker from Jigsaw when Kate was working said this: "A fellow staff member said: "Kate is a nice enough girl but she was never what you might call committed to the job.She never worked full-time and appeared to take an inordinate amount of time off to go jetting round the world with her boyfriend."
Duchess Georgiana
courtier

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 08:56:40 pm »

"something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue" for good luck

As far as I know Diana did all of this for good luck and look how the fairytale ended :(
FrederickLouis
courtier

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 01:44:25 am »

There was no mention about Catherine borrowing the Strathmore Rose Tiara for her wedding day.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 01:50:12 am »

I don't think Kate was given any kind of choice in which tiara; Kate's tiara was more of a coronet.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: