Royal Gossip
April 19, 2019, 11:49:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Charles Wants To Rebuild Earthquake City  (Read 1193 times)
Nighthawk
Princess

« on: March 11, 2011, 11:40:02 pm »

PRINCE CHARLES WANTS TO REBUILD EARTHQUAKE CITY
http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/234000/Prince-Charles-wants-to-rebuild-earthquake-city/
PRINCE Charles has offered to help rebuild New Zealand's earthquake-devasted city of Christchurch.

The heir to the throne wants to save historic buildings and help reconstruction after a 6.3 magnitute earthquake struck the city on New Zealand's South Island on February 22, killing at least 160 people, including up to seven Britons.

Charles's architecture charity, The Prince's Foundation for the Built Environment, is keen to help after designing a masterplan to reconstruct the capital of Haiti, Port Au Prince, following a 7.0 magnitude earthquake there in January last year that killed more than 300,000 people.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 11:45:40 pm »

Euhm is that master plan actually used in haiti?
Don't get me wrong it's a great idea, but if they aren't gonna use it, or put it in to practice that all it will remain...an idea!
And that's not exactly what these ppl need right now if you ask me.. royalguard

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 12:39:43 am »

I think it's gallant of Prince Charles to offer assistance in his own way. Sure there are other things that are needed in New Zealand right now, but rebuilding is also needed and they're already arguing whether or not to bulldoze some of the landmarks, rather than painstakingly rebuild. ...

And if I remember correctly, Charles was asked to submit plans for Haiti and become involved. I don't think he solicited, but was approached, just as he was for his future constructions in India. One thing Charles has a discerning eye for is architecture and configuring communities. No matter who wants to criticize Poundbury, it came together as planned and Charles is a recognized visionary. ...

I, myself, think that William still has designs on becoming Governor General of Australia or New Zealand. It would help explain why he's so eager to jet over there once again. ...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 12:42:33 am by Earth Angel » Logged

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 01:37:39 am »

Yeah ever since I read about Poundbury on the duchy-site I wanted to have a look at it!
It really sounds lovely! sigh
POW does know about architecture and stuff, i do hope they will use his idea's!

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 01:54:00 am »

That is truly decent, to want to rebuild and donate so much of his time and money. Charles is on quite the roll lately.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 02:08:55 am »

Someone has to be...Harry is not doing to bad either..

Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 04:36:38 am »

hall-whistle wrong thread  laugh
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 04:07:19 pm »

Agree this would explain why William has gone hopping off over to Oz and NZ. How do our antipodean friends rate his chances of becoming Governor General along with the lovely Kate?

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: