Royal Gossip
April 26, 2019, 03:17:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unions threaten Kate's wedding: Work TEN years longer for a smaller pension  (Read 2679 times)
Nighthawk
Princess

« on: March 10, 2011, 05:38:19 pm »

Unions threaten Kate's wedding after Hutton tells public sector: Work TEN years longer for a smaller pension
 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1364758/Lord-Hutton-report-Public-sector-workers-work-longer-smaller-pension.html#ixzz1GDetoslz
Strikes by public sector workers could hit the Royal Wedding after explosive pension reforms which will mean having to work for more than a decade longer and smaller payouts infuriated union chiefs.
Militant leaders have already warned that walkouts could affect the wedding of Prince William to Kate Middleton next month and today's recommendations by Lord Hutton appear to have increased the chance of industrial action.

In a bid to save billions of pounds, a major Government report has set the stage for early retirement for state workers to become a thing of the past.
Under the plans, the usual retirement age of 60 would be hiked to that of private sector workers - currently 65 and due to rise to 68.
Ella
Countess

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 05:42:48 pm »

That's awful, I know a lot of public workers seem to get huge pensions, but the vast majority are probably paid very little. Only management and special positions ever get much.

But "Kate's wedding"? At this rate, the DM won't even care if William shows up!
Lauracrazygirl
courtier

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 06:39:14 pm »

Am I right that the same students who protested the return of tution fees in December (remember some protesters attacked Charles and Camilla) are planning to protest Will and Kate's wedding? I'm sure I read that some where. And Republic.org have already staged protests outside buckingham palace and plan to do so on the day of the wedding.

Looks like this wedding is not going to be the uplifting event the Daily Mail hopes it will be.  hide  hide
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 08:48:34 pm »

There seem to be all sorts of protest groups threatening to strike up either before or actually during the wedding. I agree LCG it's not the uplifting event it was aimed to be. I see HM is supposed to have ticked Andrew off about his goings on and has said it is diverting from the wedding which she wanted to reinforce the popularity of the monarchy. We will see.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 08:55:45 pm »

Welcome to the reality  bored3
In my country we have to work until 65 already (they think about raising it till 68), and if you want a decent pension you gotta start putting money aside from the very beginning like when your 25 or otherwise you wil spend your retirement day's in poverty
Apparently there is no more money for a decent pension for the ppl of my generation! (I wonder what they did with it though? Lips Sealed)

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Wombat
Baroness

Harry's got a big gun..

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 12:07:05 am »

It is sooooo wrong that people work for most of their lives, pay their bloody taxes and pay in good faith into pension funds to only have corrupt governments take away what is rightfully theirs. Whilst this is not their fault, Kate and William haven't got a clue of the real issues in the real world. People should protest this wedding after all the government is footing the bill for part of it - probably enough to pay some of these people their rightful entitlements. Can you imagine being 60 and worked for 40 years, looking forward to finally retiring and enjoying your life then some tosser tells you that you need to continue to work into your 70's? It's a bloody shame I tell you!!!!!! nomorekate

Kate Middleton "a diabolical creature. A plastic bag blowing through the streets has more personality"
Elise Von Blah
royal watcher

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 03:15:00 am »

With so many protests  nomorekate and strikes planned, and with the prediction that tourists will flock to London seeming to not be turning out, I can foresee that the wedding day is gonna be a bit of s*&^ storm.  I can see the crowds (that ones not protesting) being small. I seem to remember an article that came out after the engagement that Buck house were shocked (!!!) that people didn't gather in front to wish the "happy" couple well, and that the crowd that did gather was mostly tourists.   
June
Duchess

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 06:29:38 am »

It's getting the same way in Australia as we are a transitioning economy.  hide
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 06:33:09 am »

With so many protests  nomorekate and strikes planned, and with the prediction that tourists will flock to London seeming to not be turning out, I can foresee that the wedding day is gonna be a bit of s*&^ storm.  I can see the crowds (that ones not protesting) being small. I seem to remember an article that came out after the engagement that Buck house were shocked (!!!) that people didn't gather in front to wish the "happy" couple well, and that the crowd that did gather was mostly tourists.

I think you hit the nail on the head as to why people are staying away. With all these riots and attacks threatening, no one in their right mind would willingly put themselves at risk at being caught in the meelee.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 03:16:52 pm »

I too read that story about the lack of crowds outside the palace following the engagement Elise VB (love the name). It must have been quite a shock but surely they are getting the picture - the vast majority of people aren't interested. I won't say no-one is interested as there is always a hard core but I think if the truth is known about the recent appearances of K&W the crowds have been very small indeed.
I did actually meet Princess Di when she was first married. She and Charles were doing a walkabout in a northern town and there were thousands of people there to greet them. How times have changed.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Leila
Countess

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2011, 03:35:01 pm »

I did actually meet Princess Di when she was first married. She and Charles were doing a walkabout in a northern town and there were thousands of people there to greet them. How times have changed.
Can you tell more? Spooky-bat What was it like? Did you talk to her?  flower
Mada
Baroness

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2011, 09:33:24 pm »

The BRF should prepare themselves to that if they don't cancel that farce. People will be out in the streets, but it won't be to cheer up the commoner's wedding.

It is sooooo wrong that people work for most of their lives, pay their bloody taxes and pay in good faith into pension funds to only have corrupt governments take away what is rightfully theirs. Whilst this is not their fault, Kate and William haven't got a clue of the real issues in the real world. People should protest this wedding after all the government is footing the bill for part of it - probably enough to pay some of these people their rightful entitlements. Can you imagine being 60 and worked for 40 years, looking forward to finally retiring and enjoying your life then some tosser tells you that you need to continue to work into your 70's? It's a bloody shame I tell you!!!!!! nomorekate

Great post Wombat !

True Brit, indeed the times have changed but it seems the Royal Court have not really understood how much people have changed and how much authenticity, and not PR, is now needed.   

Even if you are in a minority of one. The truth is still the truth. An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody will see it. Mahatma Gandi
Queenbee
courtier

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2011, 09:36:03 pm »

thumbsup gp protesters easter-lol

Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2011, 01:42:37 am »

Protest,protest all the way. nomorekate nomorekate nomorekate

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: