Royal Gossip
March 26, 2019, 11:02:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Diana would have approved of Kate Middleton  (Read 5672 times)
Nighthawk
Princess

« on: March 10, 2011, 02:20:35 am »

Princess Diana would have approved of Kate Middleton
http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/royal_family/Princess+Diana-54335.html
The late princess' eldest son Prince William will marry his fiancee Kate at Westminster Abbey on April 29 and Diana's close friend, actor Tom Conti thinks she would have been happy with his choice of bride but warned about making comparisons between the two.
When asked if Diana would have approved of Kate, he replied: Yes, I don't see why not," before adding "Let the girl her be herself, and I hope she'll be happy."
before adding Let the girl her be herself, and I hope she'll be happy.The 'Derailed' actor also revealed Diana - who was killed in a Paris car crash in 1997 - was a loving mother, who was devoted to her children, William and his brother Prince Harry, with former husband Prince Charles.

blink
Raisie
Countess

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 02:31:45 am »

"Let the girl her be herself"? after 8 years! and continue make the same mistakes?

To be honest it makes me angry that one speak for Diana  screaming,i don't speak for her.I am sure that i don't know what Diana would feel for this wedding but something sure i can make is that William would have more options for future bride and he would not marry in this year but over 30's.

"Only do what your heart tells you."
- Princess Diana

‎"There is no civilization living today which did not originate in the work and effort of Monarchy"
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 02:40:43 am »

bored3
Pha I don't think so! snob

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 06:28:18 am »

Any decent mother who wants to see the best for her children would NOT approve of Middleton or the likes of her period IMO. bignono

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
Raisie
Countess

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 06:43:58 am »

http://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/3296029/Hulton-Archive

Seems like everytime is more creepy what is going on.I remember Kate was also received a yellow flower on NI,really look like a joke.
I think Diana won't accept someone who wants to be like her in everything,but someone who have her own life.

- Princess Diana

‎"There is no civilization living today which did not originate in the work and effort of Monarchy"
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 07:47:49 am »

To quote a song that Di would've loved, "no, no, never, never, nah, nah, nah."

OR,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxgmorK61YQ

I am a Royal Wedding addict, but this is what I choose to listen to before bed and not smash my fists through another knock-off ring advert. Trust me, Mozart's Clarinet concierto helps everything.  Well, almost. Watch.  Now that I've bid adieu, I'll be her constantly. No, I really can't. 

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 01:37:10 pm »

Diana was a Spencer and would have likely been horrified that her son is marrying someoen who lacks even gentry status. Diana came from top drawer and she would have been bewildered that her son was living his life the way he was.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Grace and Diana Fan
Baroness

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 05:29:11 pm »

This is FOREVER up for speculation, but my opinion on it, is that she would NOT have liked Kate, her family, or their social climbing. I believe she would have seen right through it, while William was blinded to it.

eightball
Lauracrazygirl
courtier

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2011, 06:34:33 pm »

Of course there is no way to know if Diana would like Kate.

BUT!

I am of the opinion, That no girl would have been good enough for William in Diana's eyes. The boys were at the centre of her world and since Diana was the jealous type. (I remember an incident of her leaking a story to the press that William's nanny had given him a drink of wine, but the story was totally false. Diana was simply jealous of the bond between the nanny and the boys)

I actually think Diana would have had a hard time warming up to any girl William and Harry brought home because she would feel these girls were taking the boys away from her. That's just my opinion.  hide
Raisie
Countess

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2011, 07:46:40 pm »

I didn't know that story  Lauracrazygirl
The only one i remember was that William had a big crush with Cindy Crawford and she invited her for William to meet her.

Still i think she would be like any mother would be,very protective of her boys.

- Princess Diana

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2011, 04:58:56 am »

Diana was definately jealous and always wanted to be the supreme influence in the lives of her son. I think she accepted that a marriage ahd to happen, but I think she would have encouraged her son to be more choosy and I think that with Diana a heavier influence, she would have ended up making Kate a secondary interest in William's life. William would have been preoccupied with his mother instructing him and he would have gone to her when he wanted to leave; if Kate had started picking a fight with Charles, Diaan would have put her out of the picture, mainly since near her death Diana was making amends with the Palace ensuring that she remained on excellent relations with Charles and at some point Camilla. Bashing HM would have ended up with Diana fighting dirty in the best way she knew how and I bet that the Palace would have been more than happy seeing Diana taking a swing at someone else other than Charles.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Duchess Georgiana
courtier

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2011, 08:48:40 am »

"Let the girl her be herself"? after 8 years! and continue make the same mistakes?

To be honest it makes me angry that one speak for Diana  screaming,i don't speak for her.I am sure that i don't know what Diana would feel for this wedding but something sure i can make is that William would have more options for future bride and he would not marry in this year but over 30's.

I completely agree with you.
Varya
Super Moderator

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2011, 03:09:09 am »

imho BULL *poo*!

Quotes about Waity/Waste-y Katie:
On Kate's so called career and work ethic; a coworker from Jigsaw when Kate was working said this: "A fellow staff member said: "Kate is a nice enough girl but she was never what you might call committed to the job.She never worked full-time and appeared to take an inordinate amount of time off to go jetting round the world with her boyfriend."
Mia
Baroness

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2011, 12:00:29 pm »

Diana would not approve Waity Katie because she wouldn't be around if she was alive, imo. Frankly, I believe Kate and her family wouldn't get near William if his mother was still around or would not get this far because playing the Diana card was a major factor in their success...

Kate would be just another no one that dreamed to be a princess or a one night-stand...

Take a bow Waitie Katie

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2011, 06:16:54 pm »

Diana was the type that loved a fight/challenge/rumble and would have initially indulged William's fun, but would have started batting Kate around (the minute Kate tried to get William down the aisle or use the press against William) like a cat with a ball of yarn; push away and then leap with claws and teeth bared. I'm sure the Palace would have loved to see Diana go after someone other than them for once. 

golden_heart
royal watcher

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2011, 12:59:28 pm »

I think it's hard to say if Diana would approved Kate ! If I were Diana I wouldn't agreed with my son's choice,because even  someone who does not know Kate personally can tell what kind of person she is.I have opinion about her through the years and I definetly dislike her !!!
If after years,Kate changed my mind about her it will be ok,but for then she'll be only a girl who is interested in money and fame and who had luck to meet her prince ! I'm sorry for her fans ! I do not want to have influence in your opinions or feelings-that's just mine ! I miss Diana so so much !!!
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2011, 02:05:29 pm »

thumbsup @ GH couldn't have said it better
golden_heart
royal watcher

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2011, 03:35:27 pm »

Thank you,Nightawk ! It's just what I think as I said before !
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2011, 03:38:09 pm »

your welcome...you had a nice way of writting out your thought so thank you  Hi
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2011, 03:44:37 am »

I don't think Kate would have gotten as far as she did with William; if Diana had been around, I am sure that Diana would have gone after Kate in 2007 when the bashing started and would have gone for the throat after Kate started bashing HM/Philip and even Charles. Diana had her own bones to pick, but Diana never even went after HM in the press.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: