Royal Gossip
December 18, 2017, 07:07:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pictures of Swedish RF  (Read 60652 times)
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #280 on: June 21, 2017, 01:40:38 am »

^^ I think most blond(e) people's hair gets darker as they age, slowly turns into a light to medium brown once they reach the 'tween' years.
^ If she wants to be blonde I would suggest a light blonde color and not the orange/tan look. Brown looks good on her if she has the right clothes/makeup.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #281 on: June 21, 2017, 01:10:16 pm »

^ It's very very rare for people to stay (light) blonde through adulthood. Madeleine looks more stunning imo as brunette, it gives a better gorgeous contrast with her blue eyes and doesn't look fake, like bleached blonde can look.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #282 on: July 24, 2017, 06:34:52 pm »

A photo from the summer holiday of Swedish Royal Family

http://www.newmyroyals.com/2017/07/a-photo-from-summer-holiday-of-swedish.html

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #283 on: July 24, 2017, 11:47:34 pm »

What a wonderful photo. And they're all coordinated too, which makes it doubly wpsweet.

I really like this royal family. From the little I read  and know about them anyway.
FrederickLouis
Baroness

« Reply #284 on: July 25, 2017, 01:30:58 am »

Little light, do you have a favorite Swedish Royal? I like Prince Carl Philip.

Really A Baron
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #285 on: July 25, 2017, 05:59:02 am »

Such a nice looking family, so happy and full of life.  flower
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #286 on: July 25, 2017, 03:49:21 pm »

Agree and they often spend time together and publish photos.

Little light
Baroness

« Reply #287 on: July 30, 2017, 09:18:37 pm »

^^^

I like Princess Victoria as she is very capable carrying out her duties and has a husband who's happy to walk a step behind, yet she does not try to 'pull rank' just because she can. And they've introduced their children to the public at an early age, even if very gently, as the public are those hard workers who pay the royal family's ways, houses, etc etc.

She seems to have manners and has been well brought up. And for all of the BRF's posturing and murmurs about bicycle monarchies, they would do well to imitate those royal families who are not quite so famous, as they seems to be better behaved and actually work hard at their royal duties. They, the British RF, may well find out to their cost that they're no longer wanted.

india
Princess

« Reply #288 on: July 30, 2017, 09:37:09 pm »

I think because the BRF has behaved so poorly over the years that they are no longer wanted now.
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #289 on: July 30, 2017, 09:47:21 pm »

I totally agree.

It used to be the case that we, 'the unwashed masses', were not good enough for royalty. Now royalty is not good enough for us. They really are just like us and that mystique is long gone.

It seems to me the Swedish RF know this, but the public accept it, and their royal family do what they can when representing their country. But like I said, I don't know much about them but I am learning.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #290 on: July 30, 2017, 10:03:55 pm »

"Now royalty is not good enough for us", wow brilliantly put!!
I think though that now with people knowing more about royals and what they are up to, and with all these countries that abolished the ridiculousness and are thriving, people see that neither are they better nor does anyone need them. In reality royalty and aristocracy were never better than working class, actually in behaviour the upper and working class are very very similar, it is more the middle class that holds on to morals and decency and tries to be "prim & proper". The upper and lower classes don't give a f and behave exactly like that: the upper needn't prove anything anymore and the lower can't ascend anyway, so why bother trying anything?

The Swedish republican movement is gaining more and more supporters in spite of Vic's and Dan's popularity and Swedes can count themselves lucky to have such good heirs. Though for some unfathomable reason Carl Gustav also has strong support  ick
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #291 on: July 31, 2017, 08:31:37 am »

^^^ I like Princess Victoria as she is very capable carrying out her duties and has a husband who's happy to walk a step behind, yet she does not try to 'pull rank' just because she can. And they've introduced their children to the public at an early age, even if very gently, as the public are those hard workers who pay the royal family's ways, houses, etc etc.

She seems to have manners and has been well brought up. And for all of the BRF's posturing and murmurs about bicycle monarchies, they would do well to imitate those royal families who are not quite so famous, as they seems to be better behaved and actually work hard at their royal duties. They, the British RF, may well find out to their cost that they're no longer wanted.

Thing is, that Kid is LOVED and deep down, knows it. She isn't someone who was brought into life because she was needed or required. if all goes to pot, Victoria and Daniel will be okay and a happy family. At least they aren't half as expensive as the BRF demand to be allowed to be.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #292 on: August 07, 2017, 09:30:33 pm »

Stealing the show! Sweden's Queen Silvia and Princess Victoria don their finery for lavish society wedding in Mallorca

Swedish royals celebrated wedding of Queen Silvia's niece in Mallorca
    Helena Christina Sommerlath married Ian Martin at cathedral ceremony
    The blushing bride is niece and goddaughter to the Swedish monarch

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4768644/Swedish-royals-attend-lavish-society-wedding-Mallorca.html
FrederickLouis
Baroness

« Reply #293 on: August 08, 2017, 02:14:32 am »

^Helena Christina is such a lovely sounding name!

Really A Baron
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #294 on: August 08, 2017, 05:02:12 am »

I really like the lighter touch of this royal family and people in general.  Theirs is an easy presence that I appreciate.  Hard to explain.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
LadyLaura
Baroness

« Reply #295 on: August 14, 2017, 03:59:18 pm »

It's almost like there's no affectation at all. A world away from brf.
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #296 on: August 15, 2017, 07:26:46 am »

^^, ^ I agree with you. They are very nice people and they are not affected.

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #297 on: August 15, 2017, 08:53:06 am »

I don't know that all the Swedish royals are that 'unaffected' and 'nice'. King Carl Gustav has caused a scandal in the not too distant past with regard to nightclub activities and other women. It's been rumoured for years that Queen Sylvia underwent some pretty drastic cosmetic surgery to keep her husband interested as she grew older. She now has, according to many observers, a Joker look when she smiles.

Sylvia was a beautiful woman who enjoyed her good looks. It's been said that she put pressure on her daughter Victoria (who has a pleasant face but is not stunning) to keep slender. As a consequence young Victoria developed issues with food for which she eventually had to get treatment.

When Victoria fell in love with Daniel (her future husband) her parents weren't impressed and they kept the couple waiting for years before permission was given. Sylvia, it's been reported, is quite formal and demands respect, proper titles etc being given on engagements.

Carl Gustav has harboured resentment for years that his son Carl Philip (his second child) was demoted from Crown Prince as a baby by order of Parliament, and has often spoken about it quite openly. There have been tensions between Daniel and his father in law for years, which resulted just lately in observers seeing Daniel turning his back abruptly on the King.

Carl Philip's now wife, Sofie, had an interesting career as a photographic model to say the least when she was younger, that is still spoken about in Sweden. The couple aren't very respected, and it was probably only Carl Philip's status as his parents' Golden Boy that allowed the marriage to take place. Princess Madeleine's husband Chris O' Neill is constantly criticised by the Swedish press and the couple married very abruptly and produced a baby very very soon, something that if it had happened to, say Kate, would have caused the British tabloids to go into overdrive.

The Swedish Royal Family may look very carefree in some photos and Victoria and Daniel are reportedly very pleasant people to meet. However that doesn't mean that every Swedish Royal is fantastic in comparison to the BRF. It's not so. They have plenty of skeletons in their closet, as does every other Royal family in the world.

We only don't hear about it because very little gets printed about foreign royals in the English language press, and because those royals aren't under constant scrutiny by a voracious media like British royals are.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #298 on: August 15, 2017, 01:43:39 pm »

^ Very good summary.

The Swedes put on a good show though for the most part at least, in public; esp to the casual observer. And the younger generation (ie Vic & Madeleine) are, as it looks, raising their kids well/ much better than previous generations; though we'll know that only in the decades to come for sure.
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #299 on: August 15, 2017, 03:16:22 pm »

^^   Yes, Carl Gustaf is an awful man.   Obvious favoritism toward his son and distant relationships with his daughters.  The best thing that could happen, in my opinion, is for CG to step down and let Victoria take over.

BECAUSE, despite Victoria's eating disorder and Madeleine's party girl ways, both young women found good men to marry who [appear to] love and support them.  They are [appear to be] happy, loving mothers to their children and represent the Crown well -- Victoria, of course, more so than Madeleine who is moving to a private life. 

Sofia, of course, is horrible.  Horrible.  But Victoria can handle her, I think.

The Swedish Royal Family has seemingly pulled it all together and the women [with the exception of Sofia] can rock the jewels/tiaras like no other royal woman since Diana.  But they have had their problems.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: